Author Topic: If Carlsberg did dull poker blogs, they'd do this one  (Read 225003 times)

monkeyman

• Platinum Member
Re: Am I a fish or what?
« Reply #120 on: July 22, 2008, 13:58:42 PM »
The Hotel (Thistle Bloomsbury Park) and train tickets (£6 each way Norwich to London) were booked weeks ago so tonight its onto the most important part ot the process of registering for the week at The Vic, clickfest no.1 . At this stage, my plan is to play the main event, Omaha and Stud so at 9pm tonight my phone will be disconnected, I"ll have some cards at the ready for payment and my refresh button will be screaming for mercy.    
Currently tearing the Ipoker anonymous tables a new one

monkeyman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #121 on: July 22, 2008, 21:17:27 PM »
payment confirmed 9.03pm and I"m ready to rock. This one is mine

monkeyman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #122 on: July 23, 2008, 09:46:21 AM »
Decisions, decisions. After successfully negotiating last night"s clickfest for the omaha tournament at The Vic, I"ve got a bit of thinking to do today. At one point I considered playing in the main event and all the side events, but as I"ve not been to London since the days of Jack the Ripper, I thought I"d leave at least one day free so I could slip into tourist mode. Admittedly, my track record in nationals suggests that I"ll have sunday free if I get a seat in the big one, but I"m an eternal optimist, so that leaves me thinking about which is going to be my non poker playing day. Of the three, non hold"em competitions I originally thought Razz would be the one I"d definitely play in with Omaha next on the list and Stud being the one I"d drop. However, something odd has happened within the last couple of weeks. During one of my occasional trawls through all non hold"em variants I"ve actually started making decent money playing stud. In fact, in the last 10 days, I"ve played one hold"em tournament, one stud tournament and the rest of my time has been spent on stud cash tables. At the moment, Razz day will probably be the one I"ll be wandering around the Natural History and Science museums      

monkeyman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #123 on: July 24, 2008, 19:28:59 PM »
Back into the clickfest fray tonight and after my activity of the last couple of weeks, Stud is the one I"m looking forward to most.

monkeyman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #124 on: July 24, 2008, 21:04:49 PM »
Yee haa, I"ve registered for the stud tourney. I"m obviously getting the hang of clickfests and my confirmation was timed at 9.01 tonight as opposed to the pitiful 9.03  for Omaha. Lets see if I can complete the hat trick tomorrow.    

Bad hat lady

« Reply #125 on: July 25, 2008, 21:19:04 PM »

Yee haa, I"ve registered for the stud tourney. I"m obviously getting the hang of clickfests and my confirmation was timed at 9.01 tonight as opposed to the pitiful 9.03  for Omaha. Lets see if I can complete the hat trick tomorrow.    

I"m glad to hear you"ve got a place in the stud tourney. Would you like to borrow my Darley baseball cap?

monkeyman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #126 on: July 25, 2008, 22:13:23 PM »
I"m glad to hear you"ve got a place in the stud tourney. Would you like to borrow my Darley baseball cap?
[/quote]

Might have to. Are you going to deliver the punchline on that one or am I?

mal666

• Gold Member
« Reply #127 on: July 26, 2008, 08:15:22 AM »

[/quote]
well i wish someone would

monkeyman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #128 on: July 26, 2008, 09:30:10 AM »

[/quote]

Be patient Mal, although to be honest whether its worth waiting for is debatable

monkeyman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #129 on: July 26, 2008, 11:57:12 AM »
Or perhaps we could turn this into a quiz. The first person to correctly answer the question "Why would someone wear a cap with the word "Darley" on it during APAT's stud tournament at The Vic?" will win a prize, say a packet of Jammie Dodgers.
  Any relatives of mine will not qualify for the prize, so there.

Bad hat lady

« Reply #130 on: July 28, 2008, 20:42:58 PM »

Be patient Mal, although to be honest whether its worth waiting for is debatable
[/quote]

Darley is a stud (as in breeding racehorses) owned by Sheik Mohammed. I obtained my stud hat from a publicity stall at a racing stables open day. Although we had a share in a racehorse at the time, Darley didn't get any business from us as it was a gelding (a boy without bits).
p.s. I like Jammie Dodgers

APAT

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT Poker Association & Tour
« Reply #131 on: July 28, 2008, 21:21:59 PM »
Simon, your blog is always a first class read, really first class.  But I think we need a Bad Hat Lady blog also....

monkeyman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #132 on: July 28, 2008, 22:57:28 PM »

Darley is a stud (as in breeding racehorses) owned by Sheik Mohammed. I obtained my stud hat from a publicity stall at a racing stables open day. Although we had a share in a racehorse at the time, Darley didn't get any business from us as it was a gelding (a boy without bits).
[/quote]

Perhaps I should have said a prize would be awarded to the first person I"m not related to who gets the right answer. I suppose that"s my fault for not thinking through the wording of my offer. Sandra, the biscuits will be delivered to mum and dad"s house when I"m next there on sunday.    

monkeyman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #133 on: July 28, 2008, 23:12:06 PM »

Simon, your blog is always a first class read, really first class.  But I think we need a Bad Hat Lady blog also....

No Des, that"s not something we need for the following reasons:

1) This family is not big enough for 2 blogs.
2) It would break the conditions of her restraining order
3) You"ve seen the quality of our writing so far, is that REALLY what you want to encourage. Dear god, I hope not.
4) We"ve done enough damage to the reputation of Norfolk already. If the powers that be realise how we"ve tarnished the reputation of this fair county, we"ll be exiled for eternity to the pits of hell (That"s Great Yarmouth for those that don"t know). 

monkeyman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #134 on: July 28, 2008, 23:19:13 PM »

Perhaps I should have said a prize would be awarded to the first person I"m not related to who gets the right answer. I suppose that"s my fault for not thinking through the wording of my offer. Sandra, the biscuits will be delivered to mum and dad"s house when I"m next there on sunday.    
[/quote]

I"ve just reread the rules set out at the inception of the "Darley" hat competition and it expressly says " Any relatives of mine will not qualify for the prize, so there". Thanks big sis, you"ve just saved me the cost of a packet of biscuits. Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha.................