Author Topic: If Carlsberg did dull poker blogs, they'd do this one  (Read 224978 times)

Roscopiko

• Gold Member
  • APAT Newcastle Team Captain
    • Tilt Tilt Tilt Reload Tilt Tilt
Re: Am I a fish or what?
« Reply #135 on: July 29, 2008, 09:05:57 AM »
Darley is a stud (as in breeding racehorses) owned by Sheik Mohammed. I obtained my stud hat from a publicity stall at a racing stables open day. Although we had a share in a racehorse at the time, Darley didn't get any business from us as it was a gelding (a boy without bits).

Do I get a biscuit?

monkeyman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #136 on: July 29, 2008, 11:35:15 AM »
What I"ll do is bring a supply of Jammie Dodgers with me to The Vic. I"ll offer them to anyone seated at the same table as myself and may also use one as a card guard. To take advantage of this fabulous offer, you will need to play the any of the main event, stud or omaha.
  Will The Vic actually allow me to take in my own "food"? Will they object to me placing biscuits on their cards?  
Currently tearing the Ipoker anonymous tables a new one

Oldsoreknees

« Reply #137 on: July 29, 2008, 20:00:28 PM »
I am also a member of the family - but I had no idea what the punchline was.  Do I win some biscuits?  (Ginger snaps please).

I had hoped the answer would be amusing.

ibis

« Reply #138 on: July 29, 2008, 20:16:14 PM »

What I"ll do is bring a supply of Jammie Dodgers with me to The Vic. I"ll offer them to anyone seated at the same table as myself and may also use one as a card guard. To take advantage of this fabulous offer, you will need to play the any of the main event, stud or omaha.

Wow! Free biscuits and easy chips. Now I definitely want to be at your table

monkeyman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #139 on: July 29, 2008, 21:15:59 PM »
Time for a vote (no prizes biscuits or otherwise) for non Norfolk residents. Reread this blog concentrating on the writings of Monkeyman,Ibis,Bad Hat Lady and Old Sore Knees then choose one of the following options. We are:

1) The Adams Family in disguise
2) The Royle Family without a disguise
3) Irrefutable proof that Norfolk is full of Inbred halfwits who shouldn"t be let out of the county for the protection of society as a whole. 

Oldsoreknees

« Reply #140 on: July 29, 2008, 21:41:59 PM »

My first ever post, and already a nasty repost from my nemesis.  This blogging is a dirty business.

duke3016

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
    • ChezGer
« Reply #141 on: July 29, 2008, 22:29:30 PM »
There was a rumour that they were going to build a large facility to house the most intellectually challenged people in Europe...

This all changed when the considered it cheaper to build a roof over Norfolk

Fantastic writing keep it coming

duke3016

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
    • ChezGer
« Reply #142 on: July 29, 2008, 22:42:02 PM »
and even better reading

monkeyman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #143 on: July 29, 2008, 22:42:27 PM »

My first ever post, and already a nasty repost from my nemesis.  This blogging is a dirty business.

Fight,fight,fight,fight

Oldsoreknees

« Reply #144 on: July 30, 2008, 09:03:08 AM »
After months of research, and deep poker insight, I have studied the masters of the game (Bad Hat Lady) and I"m finally ready to reveal my new super weapon; and yes it is hat related.

Just wait til the next tournament, no-one will mess with me any more.

Fight! - he won"t stand a chance.

ibis

« Reply #145 on: July 30, 2008, 22:21:18 PM »

After months of research, and deep poker insight, I have studied the masters of the game (Bad Hat Lady) and I"m finally ready to reveal my new super weapon; and yes it is hat related.

Is this in any way linked to your interest in medieval armour and spacehoppers dressed up as horses?

monkeyman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #146 on: July 30, 2008, 22:28:18 PM »
......and so, back to the poker (if only temporarily). My infatuation with with stud shows no sign of abating, maybe i"ve found the one......So far this week I haven"t played a single hand of anything other than 7 card stud. I"ve just completed my only tournament thus far (Partypoker, 4th of 62) but otherwise its been cash all the way. I share my time between Partypoker, Full Tilt and Pokerstars with the last named seeing the majority of my time. This time next year I"ll be a millionaire!    

Oldsoreknees

« Reply #147 on: July 31, 2008, 12:13:52 PM »

Is this in any way linked to your interest in medieval armour and spacehoppers dressed up as horses?

Yes!! Goodbye Oldsoreknees - witness the birth of Helmetman!!

Oldsoreknees

« Reply #148 on: July 31, 2008, 12:23:35 PM »
How do you put a photo on here?

monkeyman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #149 on: July 31, 2008, 14:19:58 PM »
Anyone remember when poker used to occasionally get mentioned on here?