Author Topic: If Carlsberg did dull poker blogs, they'd do this one  (Read 227652 times)

monkeyman

• Platinum Member
Re: Am I a fish or what?
« Reply #315 on: October 27, 2008, 23:54:03 PM »
Oh FFS, I really should learn to read. I checked the above post 3 times before hitting the "post" button and still managed to miss that I had used the phrase "big button" twice.    
Currently tearing the Ipoker anonymous tables a new one

monkeyman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #316 on: October 28, 2008, 21:12:14 PM »
 I"ve been indulging in a spot of forward planning and wishful thinking this week.......
   In 2006 I had to turn down the opportunity of playing in the WSOP main event as I couldn"t get the time off work. Despite this and the fact that within the last week I have had my sixth application for a permanent manager"s job turned down, I"m still doing the same job as I was then. My employer has recently introduced a new way of allocating annual leave involving submitting a 1st, 2nd and 3rd preference for two weeks of holiday. My first choice was for the week of the August bank holiday in the hope that there is a similar program of events at The Vic as there was this year. The other period I"ve chosen, and had granted, is the week commencing 15th June. My thinking for this was that I"m absolutely desparate to take part in any World Series event, so I"ve chosen a week that I hope should fall somewhere into the WSOP programme with the intention of trying to qualify for whichever event falls within that period. Simple really.
  Obsessed by poker? Me?      

Swinebag

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #317 on: October 29, 2008, 10:44:46 AM »
Just be grateful, you can pick and choose your holidays.

Us teachers have no say whatsoever on when we can take our 13 weeks holiday, and untill they move the WSOP back to July/August, playing in that will still be a distant dream.
Quote from: Chipaccrual
Rob, you are a genius.
Quote from: jacklevel06
You are a genius Rob  :D

monkeyman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #318 on: November 02, 2008, 23:11:08 PM »
Nothing of any interest has happened for a few days. Sorry

monkeyman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #319 on: November 03, 2008, 16:48:12 PM »

Nothing of any interest has happened for a few days. Sorry

.....Apart from me having a wretched time on Titan yesterday. I opened my account with them and played 5 SNGs without winning a single cent, which is quite an achievement as four of those games were six handed. What summed it up was my departure from my final game which was six handed omaha. There were three of us left and all my chips went in preflop with me holding  ac jc ah qh to my opponent"s  qs tc 9s 5s. He won with two pair, nines and fives.  >:(
 Lets hope that Ipoker"s dealers are in a more forthcoming mood on thursday  

monkeyman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #320 on: November 03, 2008, 19:53:26 PM »
That"s now six non-cashes from the first six SNGs played on a new site. Can anyone else match that?

monkeyman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #321 on: November 03, 2008, 20:41:51 PM »
........and it just keeps on getting better. I then decided to resort to a freeroll on the same site and was crippled when shoving with ace/king,getting called by king/jack and seeing two jacks fall on the table. I"ve only been a customer for 24 hours and I already f*****g hate Titan.  

monkeyman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #322 on: November 03, 2008, 21:44:29 PM »
Meanwhile back over on Betfair I now have a record for the week of played one, won one. Me thinks there is a message in there somewhere

monkeyman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #323 on: November 06, 2008, 22:08:21 PM »
That was a complete non-event. I spent two hours with no playable hands and only two occasions when anything of note happened. In one I lost a fair chunk of my chips by playing Ace/ten from the big blind weakly.There was also the suckout that went my way when I shoved with Queen/Jack, got called by pocket Jacks and hit a Queen on the river. My departure hand found me shoving with six/nine offsuit, getting called by pocket twos and not improving.
   See you all again saturday.

monkeyman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #324 on: November 11, 2008, 18:47:00 PM »
Its my 39th birthday to me and the big question is.......................will I be able to make enough from SNGs and cash stud to fund a trip to Vegas for my 40th. The challenge starts now.

Swinebag

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #325 on: November 11, 2008, 20:06:45 PM »
Happy many returns Simon. I"m sure you"ll make it to Las Vegas.
Quote from: Chipaccrual
Rob, you are a genius.
Quote from: jacklevel06
You are a genius Rob  :D

APAT

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT Poker Association & Tour
« Reply #326 on: November 11, 2008, 23:04:13 PM »
Happy Birthday Simon, hope the Vegas dream comes off.

Ant1966

• Gold Member
« Reply #327 on: November 11, 2008, 23:43:21 PM »

will I be able to make enough from SNGs and cash stud to fund a trip to Vegas for my 40th. The challenge starts now.

Good luck with that.
"That's when you know your'e running bad,when Ant one outers you on the river". Brendan Byrne-Dublin 2010.

monkeyman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #328 on: November 12, 2008, 22:49:15 PM »
I"m off to a flyer in my "Vegas or bust" challenge. I"ve just come back from my third go at pub poker and my success tonight means I"m on my way. OK, I accept that if I deduct the entry fee (£5) and the cost of two pints (£5.60) from my winnings (£20), i"ve only just about got enough to cover the cost of the lunchtime buffet at Excalibur, but its the principle that counts. Here we go!      

monkeyman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #329 on: November 13, 2008, 22:03:50 PM »
I don"t think I"ve ever been involved in less action in a game of Omaha than I was tonight. In two hours I had four starting hands I even thought about playing and hit one flop. Oh well, at least I managed to blunder my way to a couple of points. Better luck next time