Author Topic: If Carlsberg did dull poker blogs, they'd do this one  (Read 225055 times)

Oldsoreknees

Re: Am I a fish or what?
« Reply #360 on: November 27, 2008, 16:39:07 PM »
Nice one Skinbonce.  I wont bother to call you this evening as I guess you"ll be tired, but I have final realised where you have been going wrong all your life - you are inherently nocturnal; daylight isn"t your friend!

monkeyman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #361 on: November 27, 2008, 17:08:52 PM »
Tonight I shall refreshed and ready for action again as its APAT night. Back to back wins maybe?
Currently tearing the Ipoker anonymous tables a new one

monkeyman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #362 on: November 30, 2008, 16:33:46 PM »
Poker playing time is going to be at a premium this week as my social diary seems to have sprung to life. Tonight I"m seeing Primal Scream at The University of East Anglia, tomorrow afternoon i"m racing at Fakenham, Thursday night is Bad Manners at The Waterfront, Friday is Rich Hall at the Norwich Playhouse, Saturday I"ve got a party at a mate"s house then next Sunday its The Levellers back at the university. How am I supposed to earn my regular pennies with all that going on?  

monkeyman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #363 on: December 02, 2008, 21:40:07 PM »
And so here over in the land of the tractor, something special for lovers of bad beat stories. There are three of us left in a six handed SNG on Betfair, I"m dealt king/jack offsuit and go all-in. I"m called by Jack/ten of hearts and, to cut a long story short, the Queen of Hearts falls on the river to give my opponent a straight flush. Sometimes I hate this game.
  Incidentally, next sunday is the Norwich City versus Ipswich Town local derby and I believe its being shown live on Sky. As the current crop of Norwich City players are performing on the wrong side of embarrassing, I fear we may get an absolute pasting from our "friends" from along the A140. If this happens, I may have to go into hiding.    

monkeyman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #364 on: December 03, 2008, 22:49:20 PM »
7000 hits? Is there no end to the amount of drivel posted on this blog that people will tolerate? I"d never expected things to last this long  

duke3016

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
    • ChezGer
« Reply #365 on: December 03, 2008, 23:24:52 PM »

7000 hits?  Impressive
Is there no end to the amount of drivel posted on this blog Hmmmmmm
I"d never expected things to last this long  Cos it"s a good read - keep it up

monkeyman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #366 on: December 06, 2008, 15:31:54 PM »
Well, I suppose I must now officially be famous seeing as I feature on the APAT Advent Calender. I"ll have to get my agent to book me on next year"s premier league poker.

Santino67

• Platinum Member
  • Fat Charlie Sheen - @GrantSpeirs
    • Bebo & Facebook
« Reply #367 on: December 07, 2008, 10:46:48 AM »

Well, I suppose I must now officially be famous seeing as I feature on the APAT Advent Calender. I"ll have to get my agent to book me on next year"s premier league poker.

:D :D :D :D Fantastic

BTW Simon, what"s your username on Betfair?
APAT Scottish Amateur Champion 2011 :~)
APAT Online North America PLO Champion 2011
Chipaccrual's Big APAT Christmas End Of Year Quiz Champion 2011
2012 Scottish Captain @ ECOAP
APAT Online Irish PLO Champion 2013
APAT Online Scottish Champion 2017

monkeyman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #368 on: December 07, 2008, 15:40:52 PM »

:D :D :D :D Fantastic

BTW Simon, what"s your username on Betfair?

I"m Simonkey on Betfair

monkeyman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #369 on: December 07, 2008, 15:41:51 PM »
Norwich 2 Ipswich 0. Norwich 2 Ipswich 0. So good they said it twice.

Bad hat lady

« Reply #370 on: December 07, 2008, 17:19:56 PM »
Just to say thank you for the really useful advice before I played Omaha for the first time ever yesterday. "Remember if there isn't 3 suited cards on the board there can't be a flush" is just the sort of insider knowledge you would never work out for yourself without clues from a more experienced player. It must have helped as I scraped into the points.

monkeyman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #371 on: December 07, 2008, 18:53:13 PM »

Just to say thank you for the really useful advice before I played Omaha for the first time ever yesterday. "Remember if there isn't 3 suited cards on the board there can't be a flush" is just the sort of insider knowledge you would never work out for yourself without clues from a more experienced player. It must have helped as I scraped into the points.

Of course I could have just said something sensible like "Prepare by watching Robert Williamson"s Omaha videos on Stox, they are very good" but I"ve come to the conclusion that Omaha is best played by those with the most tenuous grasp of the rules, so I kept my advice as vague as possible.
  You might care to remind Steve that there are two members of our family above him in the league table.........

Bad hat lady

« Reply #372 on: December 07, 2008, 19:51:20 PM »

Of course I could have just said something sensible like "Prepare by watching Robert Williamson"s Omaha videos on Stox, they are very good" but I"ve come to the conclusion that Omaha is best played by those with the most tenuous grasp of the rules, so I kept my advice as vague as possible.
  You might care to remind Steve that there are two members of our family above him in the league table.........

I think I"ll let Steve answer that one.

Bad hat lady

« Reply #373 on: December 07, 2008, 20:03:29 PM »

I think I"ll let Steve answer that one.

I guess I should also point out in Steve"s defence that he hasn"t been playing in the tournaments so it isn"t surprising he hasn"t got any points.

monkeyman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #374 on: December 07, 2008, 23:46:41 PM »
Objection m"lud. Did you not knock him out of the one tournament he took part in?