Author Topic: If Carlsberg did dull poker blogs, they'd do this one  (Read 225163 times)

monkeyman

• Platinum Member
Re: Am I a fish? No I am not.
« Reply #555 on: February 23, 2009, 20:21:23 PM »
Talktalk, you suck more than Devine Brown, so I"ve taken much pleasure in taking my business elsewhere you numpties  
Currently tearing the Ipoker anonymous tables a new one

Swinebag

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #556 on: February 23, 2009, 20:24:40 PM »

Talktalk, you suck more than Devine Brown, so I"ve taken much pleasure in taking my business elsewhere you numpties  

I"m having the same problem too simon and will try and find the best window possible to find a new provider.
Quote from: Chipaccrual
Rob, you are a genius.
Quote from: jacklevel06
You are a genius Rob  :D

monkeyman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #557 on: February 23, 2009, 21:19:19 PM »
I"ve taken my phoneline and Broadband over to BT. The phoneline should be operational on 10/03/09 and hopefully the broadband should follow suit five working days later.
  Having missed a national and several days of access to my most consistent cash generator, I"ll put a bottle of wine aside to celebrate when everything is back to normal  

monkeyman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #558 on: March 01, 2009, 20:44:00 PM »
Blah blah, bad month, blah blah, Talktalk blah ****ing waste of time, blah not much poker in next two weeks blah, playing tournament for fun tonight, blah, Full Tilt $5 with 891 entries blah blah, first hand after 2nd break blah blah, up to 2nd overall of 190 remaining blah blah blah, opponents quaking in their boots blah blah, for once blah.

monkeyman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #559 on: March 01, 2009, 21:24:07 PM »
Blah blah, not doing as well as at last post, blah down to 50th of 90, blah, have cruised into the payout without putting myself all-in in about three hours blah blah, seem to have gone card dead blah

Santino67

• Platinum Member
  • Fat Charlie Sheen - @GrantSpeirs
    • Bebo & Facebook
« Reply #560 on: March 01, 2009, 21:26:28 PM »
Stick in there Simon, keep it up mate
APAT Scottish Amateur Champion 2011 :~)
APAT Online North America PLO Champion 2011
Chipaccrual's Big APAT Christmas End Of Year Quiz Champion 2011
2012 Scottish Captain @ ECOAP
APAT Online Irish PLO Champion 2013
APAT Online Scottish Champion 2017

monkeyman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #561 on: March 01, 2009, 21:36:59 PM »
Blah got lucky with first shove, blah, overall leader raises, blah I shove over the top with Ace/four suited blah blah, against Kings, blah, flush hits on turn. Yeeeeee haaaaaa. Was beginning to think the poker gods took a dislike to me putting Cradle of Filth CD on the stereo whilst playing Blah Blah.  3rd break 26th of 66 remaining blah

Oldsoreknees

« Reply #562 on: March 01, 2009, 21:40:23 PM »
Are you pissed?

monkeyman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #563 on: March 01, 2009, 21:41:57 PM »

Are you pissed?

No, just bored and thought as I hadn"t posted for a while it would be worth returning to the cobblers I used to write at the start of this blog

monkeyman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #564 on: March 01, 2009, 22:12:44 PM »
They think its all over.........it is now. The hand that crippled me came when the player to my right shoved and I had Kings. Naturally I called, he flippped over ace/jack and of course an ace fell on the flop. Winning that hand would have taken me back up to 9th overall. I had my opponent slightly covered and on the next hand shoved my remaining stack in with ace/seven, got called by the overall leader with ace/10, saw a seven on the flop, but alas, there was a ten on the turn. Balls.    

Santino67

• Platinum Member
    • Bebo & Facebook
« Reply #565 on: March 01, 2009, 22:32:52 PM »
ul Simon, most other days kings will hold

monkeyman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #566 on: March 01, 2009, 22:42:35 PM »

Cheers for the support. I won"t be able to play that particular tournament again this week as I won"t get home from work in time and next week I"ll be at Cheltenham so it will probably be another two weeks before I have another go. I like playing it as its only $5.50 to enter, there are normally hundreds of entries (top prize tonight is $1024.65) and the structure is deep enough to allow me to indulge in some 3-betting and check/raising without having to put my tournament life on the line the first time I get creative. I"ve cashed in this tournament more than half of the occasions I"ve taken part and am very confident I"ll take it down sometime soon.  

Santino67

• Platinum Member
    • Bebo & Facebook
« Reply #567 on: March 01, 2009, 22:46:44 PM »

Cheers for the support. I won"t be able to play that particular tournament again this week as I won"t get home from work in time and next week I"ll be at Cheltenham so it will probably be another two weeks before I have another go. I like playing it as its only $5.50 to enter, there are normally hundreds of entries (top prize tonight is $1024.65) and the structure is deep enough to allow me to indulge in some 3-betting and check/raising without having to put my tournament life on the line the first time I get creative. I"ve cashed in this tournament more than half of the occasions I"ve taken part and am very confident I"ll take it down sometime soon.  

Good man, stay positive and stick with it  8)

monkeyman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #568 on: November 01, 2009, 22:11:04 PM »
Hello again folks. It's been a number of months since I posted on here, but I"m going to start writing again and this time it will be a bit different. There will be no more messing around getting cheap laughs by resorting to Norfolk stereotypes or attempting to tell amusing anecdotes: this time it will be mainly poker-related. I"ve spent a lot of time recently thinking about why I enjoy playing poker and how it fits into the bigger picture. Most of this year I"ve spent flitting between different forms of the game. I"ve had spells playing cash hold"em, cash stud, cash stud hi/lo, 6 handed hold"em sit and gos and tournaments of all sorts. I"m comfortably in profit for the year, but what I have found is that the only thing that I have consistently made money from is tournament play, so from this day forwards I intend playing tournaments and nothing but tournaments. In addition, for the first time since I started playing the game, I intend exercising some loose form of bankroll control. The thought processes behind what I"m planning next are:

1) I"m 40 in a few days; maybe it is time for a bit of introspection
2) Soon I"m selling the flat I have lived in for the last 10 years. This will leave me in better financial shape than I have been in for ages
3) Any time I"ve had a good win over the past couple of years, the money has been spent on something not necessarily connected to poker.
4) I"ve been playing way too much. There were plenty of days when as soon as I"d got home from work and had tea, I"d do nothing but play poker until I went to bed. This has to change.
5) For all the above reasons, I will only play on an evening when I know I will be at home and have nothing else arranged. I will play a single tournament and nothing else. Whether I win it or I go out first hand I will not play any other poker at all once my involvement is over. 
6) Crucially, any winnings will be ring fenced. Initially I will restrict myself to tournaments with a buy-in no greater than $6. Only when I have built up my profit to a point when I have a large number of buy-ins at a higher level will I consider playing higher. With no outside calls on my resources, I will be very interested to see how high I go. Feel free to post on here and call me arrogant, but I"ve known for a long time that I am a far better player that the level I have been playing at. My results in APAT events over the last 2 years and on the few occasions I"ve played above my usual level indicate that I could make good money way above the $5 fishfests I"ve been hanging around in since I started playing.
7) I will not play in satellite tournaments. If I can"t afford to buy directly into the event I"m looking to play in, I won"t bother.
8 ) I will only play in events where I believe I can play a modicum of real poker. There are all too many tournaments on all sites which are no more than bingo. Yes, to win any tournament requires a degree of luck, but I will not play any competition where the only sensible move is an all-in from the word go.
   I may also occasionally post on here to talk about my writing endeavours. I write mainly, but not exclusively, poetry (no, my stuff doesn"t tend to rhyme). Once a month I attend Cafe writers in Norwich where normally around 50 people meet to hear a guest speaker or 2 and there is an open-mic slot. A large number of people there either have degrees in creative writing and/or are published authors, so for an enthusiastic amateur like me it is a daunting prospect to stand up and recite a self-penned piece. I haven"t yet been booed off or heard any adverse comments, so maybe I"m not that bad.
  There is also a BBC competition, open until December, where they have asked people to write about real-life experiences, with a handful of the best being turned into something to be broadcast. There is an entry I put on this blog on August bank holiday Monday last year about a walk around Norwich and various things that were going through my head at the time which I like a lot. Over the next week or 2, I intend tinkering with that with the intention of turning it into an entry for the BBC competition. I"m not trying to pretend that I"m on the point of being published or that broadcasters are beating a path to my door, but sod it, there"s no harm in trying to punch above my weight occasionally.    

« Last Edit: November 01, 2009, 22:15:38 PM by monkeyman »

Roscopiko

• Gold Member
  • APAT Newcastle Team Captain
    • Tilt Tilt Tilt Reload Tilt Tilt
« Reply #569 on: November 02, 2009, 14:08:56 PM »
Good to see you back and good luck on the tables