Author Topic: If Carlsberg did dull poker blogs, they'd do this one  (Read 227243 times)

monkeyman

• Platinum Member
Re: If Chris Ferguson can do it, so can I
« Reply #600 on: January 01, 2010, 12:23:29 PM »
So we"re off and running. First tournament of the new year and first cash (246/2061 on Pokerstars) although once again I went out on the first occasion a shove was called ( I held pocket fives, villain had A 10 off). When, eventually, some site or other actually allows me to win a race there will be some proper money coming my way.
Currently tearing the Ipoker anonymous tables a new one

monkeyman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #601 on: January 01, 2010, 15:27:26 PM »
Second tournament of the year and not just second cash, but I won the thing. This time it was a 53 runner Stud tourney on Partypoker.
  There"s even better news for yours truly in the shape of the expanded GUKPT calendar for 2010. There"s now a £200 buy-in event at the Grosvenor Yarmouth which represents better value-for-money for me than travelling across the country for a £75 APAT event. Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa    

lazarus

« Reply #602 on: January 02, 2010, 11:34:26 AM »
Sure am. Im a regular at Rileys and the Norwich Poker Club. Must have seen u for sure. Had any luck recently at Robs Place ??

Running Good...  Cashed 5 in 6 Games and won a seat to Dusk till Dawn (Redtooth League)

monkeyman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #603 on: January 02, 2010, 14:19:09 PM »

Sure am. Im a regular at Rileys and the Norwich Poker Club. Must have seen u for sure. Had any luck recently at Robs Place ??

Never played live in Norwich apart from a handful of friendly games at The Firs near the airport. Having said that I fully intend joining Rileys in the very near future and I"ll send you a message when I make my debut. What are the tournaments like at Sackville Place?  

lazarus

« Reply #604 on: January 02, 2010, 17:36:32 PM »
Norwich Poker Club (Robs Place) has some realy good games on Tuesday to Saturday. The wednesday £5 double rebuy is popular. So is the £50 freezeout at the end of each month. Heres a full list of tourneys for each night http://www.norwichpokerclub.co.uk/tournaments.htm

Rileys Games are on Sundays and Mondays.
Monday Night is a £5 single rebuy / addon usualy about 14 runners
Sunday night is the League game. The new season starts tomorrow night and its probably the best night. Its a £10 deepstack freezeout. Top 3 go to the reginal finals at Dusk till Dawn also another 2 spaces for a play off on the last week of the season if your not in the top 3. I managed to get my seat for the reginal later on this month. Wheres a good bunch of serious players go so the game play / experience is great fun.

Anyone can start on the league game so if you want to start it as i say tomorrow is a new season.

Cheers Colin
Running Good...  Cashed 5 in 6 Games and won a seat to Dusk till Dawn (Redtooth League)

monkeyman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #605 on: January 02, 2010, 17:56:48 PM »

Norwich Poker Club (Robs Place) has some realy good games on Tuesday to Saturday. The wednesday £5 double rebuy is popular. So is the £50 freezeout at the end of each month. Heres a full list of tourneys for each night http://www.norwichpokerclub.co.uk/tournaments.htm

Rileys Games are on Sundays and Mondays.
Monday Night is a £5 single rebuy / addon usualy about 14 runners
Sunday night is the League game. The new season starts tomorrow night and its probably the best night. Its a £10 deepstack freezeout. Top 3 go to the reginal finals at Dusk till Dawn also another 2 spaces for a play off on the last week of the season if your not in the top 3. I managed to get my seat for the reginal later on this month. Wheres a good bunch of serious players go so the game play / experience is great fun.

Anyone can start on the league game so if you want to start it as i say tomorrow is a new season.

Cheers Colin

Thanks for that. I"m unlikely to be able to make it for the next couple of weeks, but I will be there shortly  
« Last Edit: January 08, 2010, 22:59:48 PM by monkeyman »

monkeyman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #606 on: January 02, 2010, 18:49:54 PM »
Another day another cash. "Twas only a 15 runner deepstack on Sky, but second place moves the profit/loss column in the right direction. I may need quite a few more of those before I can fund a GUKPT/UKIPT seat though. On the final table today I, for the first time, managed to flop a royal flush. Maybe the luck which deserted me through most of december has come back at last. World domination awaits. :)    

lazarus

« Reply #607 on: January 02, 2010, 21:19:17 PM »
OK m8 jus gimme a shout when your gonna come down.

Keep up the blog its a good read.  ;)

monkeyman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #608 on: January 04, 2010, 23:42:37 PM »
Another day, another tournament. This time it was the Poker Player Grand Prix and despite another cash I was disappointed. For the first couple of hours I was either first or second, then didn"t see too many playable hands for the remainder. A bit of judicious shoving and one bit of luck (shoved with Q 8 suited, called by AK, hit the flush, ultimately didn"t alter finishing position) saw me through to 13th place. The prize money of $34.90 was welcome, but not half as much as the $750 ish first prize would have been. I"m annoyed with myself as once in a commanding position, I seemed to play to cash as opposed to trying to win the thing outright and I don"t normally do that. Aaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrghhh. I"ll just have to take down the next one. Maybe I need a night off poker tomorrow.

monkeyman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #609 on: January 07, 2010, 21:55:13 PM »
Well that will teach me. Get off to a flying start to the month then decide it would be nice to take a night off poker to see a lady friend and what happens, the wheels fall off. Tonight so far I"ve managed to get knocked out of a Full Tilt deepstack by running AK into KK, then had a nightmare of a stud tourney on Eurobet. Not once, but twice I managed to turn rolled-up trips into a losing hand. First was three tens which were defeated by a fished-for and hit flush, then three queens which became a queens full of sixes full house defeat by Aces full of fives. Clearly the poker gods are trying to teach me that having two evenings in the space of a week when I don"t play poker means I have committed a sin and I deserve to be punished. B****r.

MintTrav

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #610 on: January 08, 2010, 00:13:52 AM »

queens full of sixes full house defeat by Aces full of fives.

How is that possible?

I have committed a sin

Let"s have a bit more about this and a bit less about the poker.
5th place - Portsmouth Snooker Club £10 rebuy

Liz Lieu borrowed my pen - 01/06/2013

Swinebag

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #611 on: January 08, 2010, 08:45:14 AM »

How is that possible?

Its stud??
Quote from: Chipaccrual
Rob, you are a genius.
Quote from: jacklevel06
You are a genius Rob  :D

MintTrav

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #612 on: January 08, 2010, 09:40:43 AM »

How is that possible?

Its stud??

Oh yeah, missed that.
5th place - Portsmouth Snooker Club £10 rebuy

Liz Lieu borrowed my pen - 01/06/2013

monkeyman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #613 on: January 08, 2010, 17:35:49 PM »
Tops marks to you Swindells. Oi you,Murray, back of the class now

I have committed a sin

Let"s have a bit more about this and a bit less about the poker.

You dirrrrty old man

monkeyman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #614 on: January 08, 2010, 23:03:44 PM »
After a couple of reverses, tonight I went back to my "Go to" tournament, the $100 added $2 tourney on VC Bet at 19.30. 5th of 61 yielded a profit of $14 and gives me an (estimated) cashes to tournaments played ratio for this event of about 60%. Does this mean VC bet are now going to ban me for being a winning player?