Author Topic: If Carlsberg did dull poker blogs, they'd do this one  (Read 224985 times)

lazarus

Re: If Chris Ferguson can do it, so can I
« Reply #630 on: January 19, 2010, 17:55:59 PM »
Unlucky with your card deadness monkeyman. Hey anthecat you the guy from beccles ??

Over and Out - Laz
Running Good...  Cashed 5 in 6 Games and won a seat to Dusk till Dawn (Redtooth League)

monkeyman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #631 on: January 19, 2010, 21:34:24 PM »

Unlucky with your card deadness monkeyman. Hey anthecat you the guy from beccles ??

Over and Out - Laz

He sure is
Currently tearing the Ipoker anonymous tables a new one

monkeyman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #632 on: January 20, 2010, 23:34:28 PM »
The low level fish-farming continues to go well and my bankroll has built up nicely this month. Last night I managed second in a $1 turbo-no-skill-whatsoever-100-runner-shovefest on Betfair and followed that tonight with a victory in the usual $100 added $2 event on VCbet. The final hand was a corker. We were 3-handed and I was the chip leader. The player to my right went all in, I went all in and the third player called. My opponents had A5 and A 10, whilst I held pocket nines which held despite the overcards and there being a flush draw on the turn. As I was comfortably in profit for the month already, this means I can afford to take a pop at one or two higher buy in events in the next week.  

Cyntaf

• Platinum Member
« Reply #633 on: January 21, 2010, 16:03:54 PM »
Good stuff, nice fishing :D
Team Cymru Captain Apat World Team champions 2010 + 2011

monkeyman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #634 on: January 22, 2010, 00:12:21 AM »
Online Poker

I have registered to play in the PokerStars World Blogger Championship of Online Poker! The WBCOOP is a free online Poker tournament open to all Bloggers, so register on WBCOOP to play.

Registration code: 914431

monkeyman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #635 on: January 22, 2010, 17:56:34 PM »

Online Poker

I have registered to play in the PokerStars World Blogger Championship of Online Poker! The WBCOOP is a free online Poker tournament open to all Bloggers, so register on WBCOOP to play.

Registration code: 914431

No, the above is not what I said after the last time my aces were cracked, it"s a desperate attempt to get something for nothing. Pokerstars are running a series of bloggers-only tournaments and in return for posting what is supposed to be a picture of their tournament logo, they grant me free entry into the tournaments concerned, with prizes being free entry into some of their proper WCOOP tournaments. They"ve emailed me to say that they will honour their part of the bargain, so I  suppose at some point I"d better say some nice things about the site. I only hope they can get past the fact that the professional mentioned in the title of this blog is signed to Full Tilt, I may not play in any of the tournaments anyway due to the start times and if one of their high-profile pros, Victoria Coren, could read my mind, I would be the subject of a restraining order banning me from ever being within 100 miles of London. I will also not mention that I have stated in this blog that my favourite site is Full Tilt. Oh no, for the time being it is very definitely Pokerstars. Yes, really.  
« Last Edit: January 24, 2010, 00:29:15 AM by monkeyman »

monkeyman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #636 on: January 23, 2010, 13:30:33 PM »
The mention of Victoria Coren in my last post has got me thinking. In the last issue of Pokerplayer, there is a big advert for the Pokerstars sponsored UKIPT. On one side of the page there is a picture of the aforementioned lovely and on the facing page is the hookline "Now you can afford to take me out". A few pages further on there is a quote from her blog which relates to this advert. "I am, basically a cheap date" which is followed by "Marvelous, they"re not wrong, sigh". Victoria, if you are reading this, I have already been paid this month and can now afford a bag of chips and mug of tea on Norwich Market if you"re interested. Feel free to send me a PM so we can make the arrangements.  

jbworldwide

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
  • APAT League Controller
« Reply #637 on: January 23, 2010, 13:50:32 PM »

The mention of Victoria Coren in my last post has got me thinking. In the last issue of Pokerplayer, there is a big advert for the Pokerstars sponsored UKIPT. On one side of the page there is a picture of the aforementioned lovely and on the facing page is the hookline "Now you can afford to take me out". A few pages further on there is a quote from her blog which relates to this advert. "I am, basically a cheap date" which is followed by "Marvelous, they"re not wrong, sigh". Victoria, if you are reading this, I have already been paid this month and can now afford a bag of chips and mug of tea on Norwich Market if you"re interested. Feel free to send me a PM so we can make the arrangements.  

if you want you can PM her, just let me know if you wish to know how  ;). Vicky and I have conversed in the past.  8)
APAT League Controller

jbworldwide (PokerStars)

monkeyman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #638 on: January 23, 2010, 18:07:52 PM »

if you want you can PM her, just let me know if you wish to know how  ;). Vicky and I have conversed in the past.  8)

Don"t leave it like that. Tell me more. Please, pretty please. I promise I"ll behave
« Last Edit: January 23, 2010, 18:10:13 PM by monkeyman »

monkeyman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #639 on: January 23, 2010, 21:28:27 PM »
Only one tournament today and I managed to get knocked out on the first circuit. It was a full-table Sky deepstack with 5000 chips and 12 minute levels. I raised from mid position with QJ of spades and had 3 or 4 callers. the flop came 9/10 diamonds and K hearts meaning I flopped a straight. The small blind led out, I flat-called, a player behind raised,the small blind called the raise, I went all in, the player behind who had raised then folded and the small blind called. I wasn"t surprised to see my opponent turn over a nut flush draw and was even less surprised to see another diamond on the turn. Over and out.
  Never mind, my main tournament of the month is tomorrow in the form of the Pokerplayer Grand Prix main event. If I was applying strict bankroll never-use-more-than-5%-of-your-bankroll-in-any-one-tournament rules, I wouldn"t touch this with a muddy stick. However, the return I"ve made from grinding $2 to $6 events recently pays for the entry several times over, my profit for the month is way over the target I set myself and, most crucially, I"ve got a damned good record in Ipoker deepstacks. I think I"ve earned this one.            
« Last Edit: January 24, 2010, 00:31:22 AM by monkeyman »

monkeyman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #640 on: January 24, 2010, 17:09:33 PM »
The first hour of the Pokerplayer Grand Prix is out of the way and I"ve made a small increase in my starting stack. In the first level in successive hands I had 77 followed by QQ then AA and AA again. The betting on each occasion went standard raise, single caller, c-bet regardless of what was on the board followed by the other player folding. That just shows what a soft table it is for the money at stake. Yes, I had a hand each time, but how can I do the same thing on four successive hands with no-one trying to keep me honest. Poker gods, don"t fail me.

jbworldwide

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
  • APAT League Controller
« Reply #641 on: January 24, 2010, 17:32:08 PM »
I"m in this and you have a PM.

I"ll keep you honest if you like :)
APAT League Controller

jbworldwide (PokerStars)

monkeyman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #642 on: January 24, 2010, 17:40:37 PM »

I"m in this and you have a PM.

I"ll keep you honest if you like :)

The poker gods are clearly teaching me a lesson because I described my table as "soft". Since the break I"ve lost one pot with AQ v 10/10 with an ace and 10 on the flop then another where I raised with JJ, had three callers, c-bet on a board of 668 only to discover the table leader had called with  6 7. FML. At this rate it looks as though I may still be able to get to Rileys at 8pm tonight for a bit more live practise.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2010, 17:43:54 PM by monkeyman »

monkeyman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #643 on: January 24, 2010, 18:12:08 PM »
How can I have so many top hands in the first hour when nobody wants to play, then so little in hour two when things liven up a bit? Currently 86th of 89 and looking for a shoving opportunity.  

monkeyman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #644 on: January 24, 2010, 18:31:05 PM »
Shoves one and two went uncontested. I then had AQ of clubs in the big blind and was ready to push "em in for a third time. The player two to my left min raised, there was another caller and I settled on just calling. The Flop was King high with two clubs, so I shoved, got called by the guy who and called the preflop raise with K 10 off and no more clubs or a Jack means I"m off to practise my live play again tonight. Next time. :"(