Author Topic: If Carlsberg did dull poker blogs, they'd do this one  (Read 227440 times)

monkeyman

• Platinum Member
Re: If Chris Ferguson can do it, so can I
« Reply #690 on: March 07, 2010, 14:27:51 PM »
Last night I won a family homegame and today I made a whole $2 profit cashing in a tournament on Full Tilt. Next stop world domination
Currently tearing the Ipoker anonymous tables a new one

monkeyman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #691 on: March 08, 2010, 21:54:40 PM »
Tonight"s main event was the First leg of the Pokerplayer grand prix. I picked up Aces first hand but didn"t really have anything of note after that. There"s precious little real poker played in these things, the only skill being in trying to pick your spot to shove, buts its free so I"m not complaining. I eventually departed in about 140th shoving with AQ, getting called by KJ, hitting a Queen on the turn only to see my opponent run into a King. FFS. Next time maybe  

monkeyman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #692 on: March 12, 2010, 22:38:00 PM »
Life"s pretty sweet right now. I pick up a brand new Renault Clio next tuesday,I"m only working a day and a half next week,its the Cheltenham festival and the long drawn out saga of the sale of my flat will be concluded very soon. On top of that, my poker has been ticking along quite nicely. I"ve had a few minor tournament cashes, but nothing to get excited about. My profit so far this month has largely come from cash play. I don"t kid myself that I have finally sussed playing cash games, although I have learned a heck of a lot already this year, its more that I"ve been playing on the micro tables on PKR and they contain the worst players I"ve ever seen anywhere. Whatever happens for the rest of this month, I should be playing the next online national. Bring it on  

monkeyman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #693 on: March 13, 2010, 21:12:01 PM »
Question for the day
--------------------
If it is possible to make money playing cash poker after the consumption of a bottle wine and whilst chatting to a mate on Facebook, is it:

a) Proof that my idea that drinking and optimal poker performance don"t mix is nonsense
b) Evidence that I may have cracked cash play after all
c) Final confirmation that PKR"s cash tables contain the worst players anywhere
d) All of the above  

monkeyman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #694 on: March 14, 2010, 14:12:34 PM »
For once I won"t be playing poker of any description this sunday night as I am going to the University of East Anglia to see Trivium. I then have a working week which finishes at 11.45 on tuesday, so between watching the Cheltenham festival,studying the form for the Cheltenham festival and picking-up my new car, there will be plenty of poker played. I"ve been spending plenty of time playing cash games recently, but I"m tempted by Full Tilt"s mini FTOPS series. A lot of the events are completely out of the question due to start time, but on wednesday there is a $22 7-game event starting at 19.00 that I will probably have a go at.  

monkeyman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #695 on: March 20, 2010, 10:56:02 AM »
After being distracted by the Cheltenham festival for a few days, its back to the real job of trying to make a few quid from playing poker. I played in Full Tilt"s mini FTOPS 7-Game tournament on during the week and finished outside the money in about 500th place. I found that all the sizeable pots I won cam in Omaha hi-lo, so I"ve been trying my luck on the Hi-Lo cash tables since and things are ticking along very nicely. Given my track record, I"ll probably play it for a short while then as soon as I hit my first bad patch, decide I don"t like it and try something different.
  Changing tack completely, does anyone know what it happening with regards to the season 3 medals which have not yet been issued? I"ve now sent 3 emails to APAT customer services without reply on this subject and I"m owed a silver from one of the online nationals.

monkeyman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #696 on: March 27, 2010, 16:53:55 PM »
Brand new car sitting outside. Contract finally signed for the sale of my flat after months of messing around with solicitors. Norwich City 1 Leeds 0. Life is as sweet as a lollipop the size of my head

monkeyman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #697 on: April 12, 2010, 23:49:33 PM »
Things Have been dead quiet on this blog recently haven"t they? Sorry Chaps. I"ve been way too preoccupied with non poker stuff to spout my useful brand of rubbish on here, but rest assured, I will try harder.
  For some reason, my tournament play has completely fallen to pieces recently. It could be that things just haven"t gone my way since the halcyon days of january, it may be that I"ve lost focus a bit, in all probability its a bit of both. Things haven"t been all bad though, as my latest poker fad, Omaha hi-lo cash games, has kept me in profit. Eurobet has been very kind to me, Virgin is not far behind (including the session when I took a buy-in from one well-known APAT name - not as impressive as it sounds, we are talking micro stakes here), but the biggest surprise is quite how easy it is to make money playing Hi-Lo on Full Tilt. It looks like the site is full of mad gamblers without the foggiest idea how to play the game. Kerrching! Incidently, if you fancy playing the game and you start by reading a textbook or an article in Pokerplayer, you will more than likely look for starting hands that have a chance of scooping both the high and low part. Whilst that will cut down your variance and help you to not lose too much, that aint necessarily going to maximise your profits in cash games. If you disagree, then by all means come looking for me and attempt to show me the error of my ways by taking loads of dosh away from my bankroll.
  In many ways, today is a hugely significant day in my poker development as for the first time, I have placed all my poker money in an account entirely separate from all other funds. The amount isn"t huge, but its well into three figures and is growing nicely. My Hi/lo cash play is producing a steady,positive return and hopefully when my tournament mojo returns, I will take down one of those Pokerstars 5000 runner events I"ve gone close in on numerous occasions this year, thereby giving my new account a massive boost

« Last Edit: April 13, 2010, 22:42:03 PM by monkeyman »

monkeyman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #698 on: April 16, 2010, 22:05:05 PM »
Fed up of playing poker where any form of skill is meaningless? Ever wanted to shove your chips in and leave yourself at the mercy of the poker gods? No limit Omaha Hi/Lo could be your thing. I inadvertently introduced myself to this form tonight by registering in what I mistakenly thought was an Omaha hi/lo pot limit tournament. To add insult to injury, I was bubble boy. Bah Humbug.    
« Last Edit: April 17, 2010, 00:47:23 AM by monkeyman »

KarmaDope

• Platinum Member
  • The Groom
    • Blonde Forum
« Reply #699 on: April 16, 2010, 23:41:21 PM »

Fed up of playing poker where any form of skill takes is meaningless? Ever wanted to shove your chips in and leave yourself at the mercy of the poker gods?

LOL, I do this a lot.

Hyper-Turbo"s FTW!!
[IMG=http://www.vegasmessageboard.com/countdown/countdown.php?c=purple&f=3&y=2013&m=11&d=12&h=18&mi=20&o=0&p=1][/img]

monkeyman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #700 on: April 17, 2010, 00:51:34 AM »
Now I really know why I f*****g hate tournament poker at the moment. 2nd tournament of the night, 2nd bubble, this time on Bet-O FFS,this site really is getting on my tits right now-Fair. Just to rub salt into the wounds the departure hand was me with A 10 vs Q9 and needless to bleeding well say there were two nines on the flop. If the poker gods are reading this, you"re all a bunch of c***s.  

pables

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
  • JACK7SUITED on Grosvenor
« Reply #701 on: April 17, 2010, 09:40:27 AM »

Now I really know why I f*****g hate tournament poker at the moment. 2nd tournament of the night, 2nd bubble, this time on Bet-O FFS,this site really is getting on my tits right now-Fair. Just to rub salt into the wounds the departure hand was me with A 10 vs Q9 and needless to bleeding well say there were two nines on the flop. If the poker gods are reading this, you"re all a bunch of c***s. 

:)
WCOAP online Omaha Bronze 2009
WCOAP Stud Gold 2010
UK Team championship 2011 individual Silver
WCOAP 2015 Team championship silver with IRELAND
WCOAP 2016 Irish silver
WCOAP 2018 PLO D/C Bracelet
WCOAP 2018 ROE silver
WCOAP 2019 Mix max Bracelet
European Team event 2019 Silver with team Ireland

monkeyman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #702 on: April 27, 2010, 22:21:49 PM »
Still sticking mainly to Omaha h/l cash games and consequently have nothing of any interest to write. Can"t even be bothered to swear about bad beats anymore.

monkeyman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #703 on: May 02, 2010, 10:31:34 AM »
I think my current hatred of all things tournaments related has now reach a low point and things can only get better from here. The turning point came last night on Ladbrokes when I was eliminated in a three way hand. The  8d on the river completed one opponents" straight, my King-high flush but unfortunately also completed the Queen-high straight flush of  the other opponent. FFS. Another profitable session on Full Tilt"s Omaha h/l tables soothed my nerves, but tonight is definitely tournament night. Apart from the usual array of Sunday night fare, there"s the FTOPS main event on Full Tilt and the start of the SCOOP on Pokerstars. As I don"t normally "do" satellites, the realistic option is the low buy-in end of the "Stars events. There are 2 no limit hold"em events with 10000 chip stacks and 15 minute blind levels. Ideally, I"d rather play the full-table tourney rather than the 6 max, but as the former starts at 10pm and the latter 6pm, the small table variant it is for me. At least then if I somehow contrive to blow all my chips in the first couple of hours, I can still try and recover my losses on the cash tables.    

monkeyman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #704 on: May 08, 2010, 15:35:44 PM »
This week more of the same. Every time I play a tournament things turn to great big piles of the smelly stuff in the end. Today I was in a 90 runner SNG on Full Tilt and had two huge slices of luck with two tables left. Alas, the poker gods were just toying with me, as with 10 players left (9 players paid) I had 24000 chips,blinds at 1000/2000 and I was dealt AK. I shoved, but the only player on the table who had me covered had pocket aces which held up. I"ve lost count of the number of times this year I"ve run QQ KK or AK into AA deep in a tournament and I dare not add-up all the times I"ve bubbled. FML.
 The bulk of my play continues to be on the Omaha H/l cash tables and on the whole this is going well. My bankroll would comfortably allow me to play a little higher than I am at present, but my bottom line is being affected by making occasional schoolboy errors in specific situations. I can"t be too harsh on myself as I"m playing a variant I have little more than two months" experience of. Get my serious head on and make sure I"m concentrating at all times and this could still be the game that gives me a steady positive flow into my bank account.