Author Topic: A bit confusing...  (Read 2956 times)

AceOnTheRiver

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
A bit confusing...
« on: March 24, 2014, 22:36:17 PM »
Navigation around the forum could do with a little but of streamlining IMHO especially wrt the WCOAP. For example the main WCOAP discussion thread is under "general discussion" whereas (almost) all of the other threads pertaining to the WCOAP are under "Live Poker". There is also a WCOAP scheduled (locked) thread in both sections - not an issue I suppose if they are identical, but what if they"re not, or if one gets edited?

Can they be all in one place? Is there even justification to create a WCOAP section and put everything there?
@jpround on Twitter
Views are my own
"Do not protect yourself by a fence, but rather by your friends" Czech Proverb
"Where you find beer, you find good life" Another Czech Proverb

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
Re: A bit confusing...
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2014, 09:31:05 AM »

Can they be all in one place? Is there even justification to create a WCOAP section and put everything there?

That"ll do it.

And another one for National Online League please.

(Didn"t we used to have sections like these?)

Matt D

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2014, 12:16:54 PM »
Hi JP, Steve,

Yes, it looks like these sections were archived. I"ve created a new National Online League section, and moved all the info across there, so it"s all in one place: http://www.apat.com/forum/index.php?board=147.0

Have PMed Des re: the WCOAP board.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2014, 12:35:32 PM by Matt D »
APAT Online is on Grosvenor Poker. Down the software from http://www.apat.com/grosvenor-poker

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2014, 15:00:58 PM »
Nice one Matt.

I think they were removed in the past in the interests of simplification. I guess that in this case, less is actually less :)

Kronsdat

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2014, 23:39:53 PM »
Also, is it possible to have the start of the thread at the start and the end of the thread at the end, rather than the other way around, which I find thoroughly confusing and totally unlike any other discussion thread?

Matt D

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2014, 09:34:26 AM »

Also, is it possible to have the start of the thread at the start and the end of the thread at the end, rather than the other way around, which I find thoroughly confusing and totally unlike any other discussion thread?

Hi Brian, not sure what you mean. All threads are that way round (start at start, end at end) aren"t they?
APAT Online is on Grosvenor Poker. Down the software from http://www.apat.com/grosvenor-poker

PHIL_TC

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2014, 13:38:03 PM »

Hi Brian, not sure what you mean. All threads are that way round (start at start, end at end) aren"t they?

You can change sort sequence via your profile settings.

Click on "Profile" -> then "Look and layout preferences" -> there"s an option "Show most recent posts at the top"

Maybe that"s ticked and it shouldn"t? x
Winner of 1 gold, 2 silver & 1 bronze medals.
Proud member of team England '11 & '12 (Home Internationals) & team APAT  '11

Now pretty much poker retired, but available to help feed / sub the APAT server hamsters now & again.

http://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/player.php?a=r&n=101148