Author Topic: Try Poker Notes Live at the WCOAP  (Read 8172 times)

poker_jason

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Silver Member
Re: Try Poker Notes Live at the WCOAP
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2014, 00:03:30 AM »
This should not be allowed at the table ever. If people want to leave the table and forfeit their hand to make notes on their phones then fine. Anyone using the phone (these types of apps) whilst in a hand/at table should have hand dead period, warned as per rules with escalation to disqualification.

KarmaDope

• Platinum Member
  • The Groom
    • Blonde Forum
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2014, 14:05:35 PM »

This should not be allowed at the table ever. If people want to leave the table and forfeit their hand to make notes on their phones then fine. Anyone using the phone (these types of apps) whilst in a hand/at table should have hand dead period, warned as per rules with escalation to disqualification.

Sorry Jason but this is wrong. People use their phones to make notes without these apps. All this app does is makes it easier, I assume.

At the end of the day it is not breaking any of the rules of poker.
[IMG=http://www.vegasmessageboard.com/countdown/countdown.php?c=purple&f=3&y=2013&m=11&d=12&h=18&mi=20&o=0&p=1][/img]

Paulie_D

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
  • Travel Guru
Re:
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2014, 14:29:49 PM »
+1
“Thor has Mjolnir but I have a banhammer. I think I win”

Des

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2014, 15:47:40 PM »
 I"d have to say +2 in relation to Adam"s point.
Email: des@apat.com
Facebook: Des Duffy
Twitter: Des Duffy

Hammerite

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2014, 18:05:59 PM »
I don"t have a problem with people making notes on their phones, in my opinion it will encourage better play on my part by varying the way I play, so I see it as a positive for my game. I think the non use of electronic equipment at the table is a thing of the past, although I don"t agree with it, so many players use phones or tablets at the table now, I just don"t see them being outlawed or if they are the ban being enforced, I think the majority have won the day on this one.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 18:11:54 PM by Hammerite »
S2 Irish OL Gold, WCOLAP Main Gold
S4 UK Silver, Scots Silver
S5 WCOLAP Omaha Bronze
S6 WCOLAP Omaha 2nd, WCOLAP Omaha H/L 3rd
S7 English OL Omaha 3rd, Irish Bronze
S8 Irish OL Silver, WCOAP Stud Silver, WCOAP Horse Gold
S9 WCOLAP Bounty k/o 1st
S10 Euro OL Bronze
S12 Scots OL Silver
T: Eng/Apat

Swinebag

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2014, 00:18:08 AM »
I remember when Greg raymer won the WSOP. He made written notes all the way through the tourney. One particular hand against Matusow result in a typical (yawn) rant from "the mouth" in Raymers direction. Raymer just ignored Matusow, got his notepad out and started writing.

I remember thinking this was a bit odd, but would never say it was wrong or against the rules.

I"m not sure I would use this app constructively. It may be good for recalling hands in TRs or for PHA threads but I tend to remember details of key hands pretty well.
Quote from: Chipaccrual
Rob, you are a genius.
Quote from: jacklevel06
You are a genius Rob  :D