Author Topic: WSOP Staking - Interest/Opinions only for now  (Read 3852 times)

dwh103

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
  • @dwh103
WSOP Staking - Interest/Opinions only for now
« on: April 24, 2014, 18:47:26 PM »
TEAM GOTHAM (Batman)

http://twitter.com/dwh103

Won some stuff too long ago for it to stay on a signature.

KarmaDope

• Platinum Member
  • The Groom
    • Blonde Forum
Re: WSOP Staking - Interest/Opinions only for now
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2014, 19:10:35 PM »
Bankroll.

Mainly because it"s Vegas. It"s WSOP time, it"s summer. If you structure your package, you are basically saying I"m playing these on this day. From experience, Vegas doesnt do structure, and from the investor"s POV, we wouldnt want you playing hungover/because you had to (not that you would, I"m being quite general here lol). Bankroll just gives you more freedom to enjoy Vegas.
[IMG=http://www.vegasmessageboard.com/countdown/countdown.php?c=purple&f=3&y=2013&m=11&d=12&h=18&mi=20&o=0&p=1][/img]

dwh103

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
  • @dwh103
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2014, 19:14:23 PM »

Bankroll.

Mainly because it"s Vegas. It"s WSOP time, it"s summer. If you structure your package, you are basically saying I"m playing these on this day. From experience, Vegas doesnt do structure, and from the investor"s POV, we wouldnt want you playing hungover/because you had to (not that you would, I"m being quite general here lol). Bankroll just gives you more freedom to enjoy Vegas.

Yeah, it is my holiday of the year after all (like the WCOAP wasn"t a holiday, nor was Stoke, or that time off in January, or when I went to London that other time...)

It"s not just an either/or question regarding that, happy to be quizzed/challenged on any aspect :)
TEAM GOTHAM (Batman)

http://twitter.com/dwh103

Won some stuff too long ago for it to stay on a signature.

mylesfdo

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2014, 19:17:17 PM »

Bankroll.

+1 to this for sure.......would take a piece and would defo like to see some ME sats gtd to be played(if u are there for ME obv!!) either in MTTs or the multitude of SNGs available.......and ME to ve included and played if seat won as its such a great structure and offers massive value with just a min cash......Venetian Deepstacks are a must imo as well!!

Riddled

• Staker Licensed Player
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2014, 20:28:28 PM »
Could you not do a bit of both?

It would mean that you could tie yourself to certain events ,like the $1500 PLO8 but then have the freedom to play other events when we"re not living it up at a cowboy bar eating 5lb steaks :)

MintTrav

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2014, 23:19:05 PM »
You know I would take some of you, Dave, but I wouldn"t back someone who wasn"t putting some in themselves. If you are suggesting doing that, I would pass.
5th place - Portsmouth Snooker Club £10 rebuy

Liz Lieu borrowed my pen - 01/06/2013

s4ooter

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
  • @s4ooter
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2014, 23:27:50 PM »
Surely DH has to option of buyin some of the BR anyways....

I will throw this outthere, but Dave has 2 big plus" in his arsenal.

1. He doesnt drink and therefore will not have hangovers etc to worry about

2. He has great discipline.  If he doesnt feel he will play his best, he wont just jump in for the sake of it.

Id buy some if funds are available nearer the time :)
Team Gotham - The Joker

Serial APAT Underachiever

TheSnapper

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2014, 01:07:17 AM »
"Being wrong is erroneously associated with failure, when, in fact, to be proven wrong should be celebrated, for it elevates someone to a new level of understanding."