Author Topic: APAT Welsh Amateur Poker Championship - Live Update Feedback  (Read 6827 times)

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
Re: APAT Welsh Amateur Poker Championship - Live Update Feedback
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2014, 20:15:35 PM »
All sounds great Tom  ;D

Matt D

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2014, 00:11:32 AM »

Glad to see that Tom & Matt have made the decision to do Day 2 on the forum.

Having done a little of this in the past it is incredibly hard just keeping on top of things let alone running back to a laptop constantly to add forum, FB & Twitter posts on a regular and informative (and accurate) basis.

I think you"d agree Paulie, it"s nigh on impossible to do an update justice on your own.  There"s so much going on at critical times, if Matt is the only one posting, then content is going to be missed.

I do agree and I have a vested interest, as in the interests of full disclosure, I offered my services as an updater for several events this year. APAT are trying this approach first, I understand, judge whether they wish to continue with it.

I fully understand that the economics of having two compensated updaters onboard is a tricky one for APAT so the balance between giving the members what that want and what APAT is willing to afford is always going to be a delicate one.

I feel that FB is a limited tool as updates only go to people you choose to befriend rather than the wider APAT audience.

I don"t think anyone is suggesting 2 compensated updaters, are they?...
APAT Online is on Grosvenor Poker. Down the software from http://www.apat.com/grosvenor-poker

Paulie_D

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
  • Travel Guru
« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2014, 07:00:41 AM »

Glad to see that Tom & Matt have made the decision to do Day 2 on the forum.

Having done a little of this in the past it is incredibly hard just keeping on top of things let alone running back to a laptop constantly to add forum, FB & Twitter posts on a regular and informative (and accurate) basis.

I think you"d agree Paulie, it"s nigh on impossible to do an update justice on your own.  There"s so much going on at critical times, if Matt is the only one posting, then content is going to be missed.

I do agree and I have a vested interest, as in the interests of full disclosure, I offered my services as an updater for several events this year. APAT are trying this approach first, I understand, judge whether they wish to continue with it.

I fully understand that the economics of having two compensated updaters onboard is a tricky one for APAT so the balance between giving the members what that want and what APAT is willing to afford is always going to be a delicate one.

I feel that FB is a limited tool as updates only go to people you choose to befriend rather than the wider APAT audience.

I don"t think anyone is suggesting 2 compensated updaters, are they?...

It depends on what you mean by 2 :)

What I meant was two people doing constant forum updates of which, if I may, Tighty and Leigh were the best examples.

At present, it appears (and perhaps it"s only an impression) that everything flows through you on the updating front. Now I know that"s not purely the case as Tom is obviously there but both you and he have a great deal to do during the day including liasing with the venue, player relations, sponsor relations and more.

So perhaps what I meant was one more (rather than two) updater who"s only role is to actually update.

Of course, for reasons I mentioned above, I"m not a disinterested party here.
“Thor has Mjolnir but I have a banhammer. I think I win”

Matt D

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2014, 08:43:32 AM »
Aye, I"d agree with that. I think that 1 paid updater in addition to Tom/Des/I would be the best solution. I think 2 more, as you suggested above, in addition to us would be too much at this stage...
APAT Online is on Grosvenor Poker. Down the software from http://www.apat.com/grosvenor-poker

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2014, 11:41:19 AM »

Aye, I"d agree with that. I think that 1 paid updater in addition to Tom/Des/I would be the best solution. I think 2 more, as you suggested above, in addition to us would be too much at this stage...

Sounds about right Matt.

Where do we send CV"s ?

;D

s4ooter

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
  • @s4ooter
« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2014, 16:19:47 PM »
Which was what MTS did, brilliantly. Funny Lookalikey, banter that"s how the updates should be. Ok the HH weren"t spot on, but the fun was there
Team Gotham - The Joker

Serial APAT Underachiever

Matt D

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2014, 16:39:08 PM »

Sounds about right Matt.

Where do we send CV"s ?

;D

Ha, to Tom/Des I guess? :)