Author Topic: Ruminations of a Beard (Part 1 added)  (Read 8065 times)

Bainn

• Platinum Member
    • The Poker Beard
Ruminations of a Beard (Part 1 added)
« on: May 25, 2008, 14:18:45 PM »
Greetings,

Absolutely no promises as to how often I will be updating this, but feel free to read my ramblings -

http://bainn.blogspot.com

Any complaints to the usual address.....
« Last Edit: May 26, 2008, 00:35:26 AM by Bainn »
  Deepstack champion S2  

Swinebag

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
Re: Ruminations of a Beard
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2008, 19:46:15 PM »
A good read but i assume you aren"t going for the prize. An admirable stance!

http://www.apat.com/forum/index.php?topic=1484.0
Quote from: Chipaccrual
Rob, you are a genius.
Quote from: jacklevel06
You are a genius Rob  :D

Bainn

• Platinum Member
    • The Poker Beard
R.O.A.B P1 "Helping others to help yourself"
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2008, 00:35:00 AM »
I was playing in the APAt regional qualifier at DTD the other day and in a break I was discussing with Harmony that I had been giving some advice to one of the players, who I saw make an "Interesting" call of another players allin on a Jack high flop for most of his chips.

Players had just limped pre and the board comes Jack high with Two Clubs, the chap in question bets out and another player comes over the top by going allin, I fold and he is called by our "Hero" who has a bare Jack giving him top pair and no draws. The allin guy did indeed shove with the nut flush draw, which failed to connect.

I found out the "Jack High Guy" had not really played a lot, so I suggested that the allin play by his oppo was an indication he was on a draw and I would have been hard pressed to make the call with just top pair for nearly all my chips with 2 cards to come. So, after giving him some tips, thoughts and ideas we carried on with the comp.

Harmony did wonder why I would give away such advice and possibly give away my mindset to an opponent in the tournament I was playing, but to my mind, I was actually helping myself in a small way -

1, Chatting to this player gave me further insight into his ability and his apirations regarding the tournament and I could portray a certain image to him of my capabilities.

2, Newish players can be a nightmare to face, they do not always do as you expect or behave like players you face on a day to day basis and they do not always understand your betting and what it may represent.

So by speaking to him and giving him some guidance I am applying some control to his actions in the tournament and have a better idea what his plays may mean.

Indeed, it proved beneficial as this was the player I was to face heads up and ultimately beat to place first and I have to say, I thoroughly enjoyed our HU battle and he played well.

So, after getting my seat to the APAt Irish championships it is off to sunny Dublin for Harmony and I.

I do hope "Jack" is on my table again....

Deepstack champion S2  

Bainn

• Platinum Member
    • The Poker Beard
Re: Ruminations of a Beard
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2008, 00:35:52 AM »

A good read but i assume you aren"t going for the prize. An admirable stance!

http://www.apat.com/forum/index.php?topic=1484.0

Ahem......
  Deepstack champion S2  

jacklevel06

• Platinum Member
Re: Ruminations of a Beard (Part 1 added)
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2008, 21:13:56 PM »
Miracles do happen Chris .Well done. Enjoy Dublin sir.
Mug punter on the horses since 1981

Bainn

• Platinum Member
    • The Poker Beard
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2008, 23:07:45 PM »

Miracles do happen Chris .Well done. Enjoy Dublin sir.

Indeed, I believe you consider Botox to be "A miracle in a syringe".....
  Deepstack champion S2  

monkeyman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2008, 07:39:28 AM »
After last nights banter consisted of 3 pages of inane ramblings from only 2 contributors, surely someone out there will nominate both for the APAT "hall of fame" for efforts above and beyond the call of duty?  ;D
Currently tearing the Ipoker anonymous tables a new one

Bainn

• Platinum Member
    • The Poker Beard
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2008, 13:30:18 PM »

After last nights banter consisted of 3 pages of inane ramblings from only 2 contributors, surely someone out there will nominate both for the APAT "hall of fame" for efforts above and beyond the call of duty?  ;D

I second that motion and completely concur......
  Deepstack champion S2  

monkeyman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2008, 13:40:05 PM »

Not that I"ve got a vested interest or anything.............
Currently tearing the Ipoker anonymous tables a new one

Harmony26

• Bronze Member
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2008, 13:48:57 PM »

Best entertainment of the evening IMO  :)

Bainn

• Platinum Member
    • The Poker Beard
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2008, 14:09:17 PM »

Not that I"ve got a vested interest or anything.............

I certainly hope you"ve got a vest on.....
  Deepstack champion S2  

gizagu

• Bronze Member
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2008, 19:02:25 PM »
bainn just read  it,great read seeing as i am the guy,good point about the jacks,ill give you a load of blag from now on,lols i had allready worked you out early doors with your banter at the table,loved playing you hu the other players would not have given me the chalenge you put up,as we played regularly at local games,good experiance,was gained on that day and even more experiance at the finals,biggest lessons in my poker career up to yet.so keep a eye out
                          gizagu