Author Topic: World Amateur Champion  (Read 4807 times)

FlyingPig73

• Silver Member
World Amateur Champion
« on: July 22, 2007, 21:10:39 PM »
How proud would you be to win one of these events? Would you put it on your CV, and when filling in job applications would you put it on there in the personal bit.

Are we all trying to play all the events or are some people going to miss the more unorthodox events ie. razz, omaha?

I am new to razz, but am still playing. Going to try the Omaha, but I am doing something that night and trying to get out of it... In all of the others...

Bring it on....
"You don't fail when you fall down. You fail when you fall down and don't get back up."

ThinkerJE

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Member
  • To be the man you have to beat the man
Re: World Amateur Champion
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2007, 21:45:22 PM »
Being a World Amateur Champion would definitely be very cool and I intend to play all the events and give it a shot.  I know how to play stud, omaha & razz but my strategy may be a bit off, therefore if I make a bad play and suck out then many apologies.  The buy in for these events is such that I can try a new form of poker without fear of losing lots of money on a format I haven"t got a clue about.

Pilf

• Bronze Member
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2007, 11:16:30 AM »

How proud would you be to win one of these events? Would you put it on your CV, and when filling in job applications would you put it on there in the personal bit.
Are we all trying to play all the events or are some people going to miss the more unorthodox events ie. razz, omaha?

I"d be proud to win any of these events. But it is not something I"d put on my CV. I may be tempted to mention it in an interview if I thought it might help, but I"d like a little bit more info before putting it on a CV.
As for which will I"ll be playing, I"ll be playing them all. I expect to struggle in the Heads up (although I have a strategy and may even practice a little beforehand) , but fancy my chances in all of the other events particularly the PLO. See you at the tables

jacQues

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2007, 15:17:07 PM »

Usually you would be very proud indeed but not put it in your CV.  However, if you are applying for a stock exchange company for example, you could.  As they would understand the skills and odds part, whereas most others would just think you"re a gambler.

jacQues
(proud hamster)

Zukertort

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2007, 16:51:24 PM »
I am looking forward to trying my hand at these different poker variants and winning one would be great, but i agree with jacQues-it might not be wise to put it on your CV? I am currently looking for a career change and have purposefully avoided mentioning my poker hobby on my CV in case it is misinterpreted or misconstrued?      

nosey-p

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2007, 21:22:30 PM »
Des, when will session 1 finish? September?  

APAT

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT Poker Association & Tour
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2007, 21:41:01 PM »

Des, when will session 1 finish? September?  

End of September Wayne.

nosey-p

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2007, 10:18:13 AM »
Will season 2 start after the world tournament or will they overlap?

APAT

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT Poker Association & Tour
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2007, 11:27:01 AM »
After....but without a significant break.