Author Topic: How often do you play on-line  (Read 3808 times)

Bodddders

• Gold Member
  • WCOAP Razz Champion 2008
How often do you play on-line
« on: July 24, 2007, 10:16:52 AM »
I"m a sad git and keep records of all my online play. In the last year i"ve played 220 sit n goes and 135 Mtt"s and somehow I"m showing a profit in both and thought I was doing ok. (I don"t play cash).
However I"ve just read an article which states you need to have played at least 500 sit n goes before you can get a true picture.
For me, at the current rate, means about 2 and a half years of playing.
Am I not playing enough (the wife would disagree). 500 seems a lot to me, how often do other amateurs play and do you keep records.
aka - Honeycroft on Blue Sq.
On-Line National Poker League - South London Team Captain

nosey-p

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
Re: How often do you play on-line
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2007, 10:30:00 AM »
I play about 4/5 S&G a week and about 2/3 tournaments. APAT is the biggest buy in; the main event will be the biggest I will have paid (apart from the live games). I began to keep records but I felt that I tuck too much attention to them, which I believe affected my game so I stopped. All though I don't play allot I have only made 1 deposit and made several withdrawals so I know I am in profit by about 1000%

P.S if the wife would let me I would play 24/7            

hi_am_chris

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2007, 12:05:30 PM »
ermmm dont think i shud be admitting this lol but ive played over 1000 sit n gos in the past year and a few hundred tournaments, bein a student got lots of free. recently started playing a little cash. Not sure i wanna admit on average how much i play a week  ;D

WiseOwl

• Bronze Member
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2007, 15:45:23 PM »
Hi,

As another one who keeps records (I use Excel spreadsheets and Poker Office), I can see that I have played 270 SNGs and 208 MTTs since I started playing last August, cashing in 120 and 62 times respectively.  I am currently at the $10 + $1 level on Poker Stars with the odd foray into the $20 + $2.  I tend to play more during the week than at weekends as 1) the wife is at work and 2) the opposition seems easier.  How many times I play depends on whether variance is with me or not.  If I"m in a bad run, I tend to play less, but if I"m good, then I don"t mind playing several times in a day.  One thing I cannot do is multi-table.

ThinkerJE

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Member
  • To be the man you have to beat the man
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2007, 20:42:46 PM »
I played 399 tournaments online in 2006, mostly MTT"s.  So far in 2007 I have played 212 tournaments online, and I thought I was playing less than last year!!!

I need to get out more...

busman

• Bronze Member
    • KAIT
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2007, 23:09:22 PM »
the simple answer is WAY TOO MUCH,  probabbly 3/4 sngs each evening, at least 6 Mtts each night, thats the nights i`m not playing in the nutz league :o,  My wife does understand however as she likes the profit margins  ::)

i have been playing online now for around 5 yrs, and live about 2 yrs. i use around 6 sites regularly.

only claim to fame is that i have never put any of my own money in (or the wifes)  ;D  

started on VC with the 10c giveaways and progressed from there, freerolls etc to build a bankroll,  it took around 2 yrs to get it to a level where i could play comfortably at $3 - $10 stts, but the one thing it did teach me was disipline and patience. a hard slog but after taking out a few thousand the missus saw the benefits of all that time on the PC.  generally cash in once every 6 mths now, but keep a healthy bankroll on a few sites.

so again  how often do I play,,     WAY TOO MUCH    ;D
Poker is like life, some you win some you loose. but never bluff as sooner or later you will be found out.

PoWdA

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2007, 19:31:40 PM »
I play about 8-10 hours a day minimum. For now it is my only form of income. I am planning on getting my gaming liscence here in CO eventually and dealing poker live as it pays great but for now I get the rent paid and live allright so why change it?