Author Topic: WCOAP  (Read 26742 times)

fandango

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
  • "it was suited"
Re: WCOAP
« Reply #45 on: March 01, 2015, 12:14:01 PM »
Will we go back to forum "live" updates rather than FB?

Tbh not a fan of FB updates, the posts get mixed up and very confusing.
2011 Bronze medal in Omaha online WCOAP
2012 ECOAP Main Event Champion and Gold Medalist
2012 ECOAP Player of Series winner
2012 UK Amateur Champion
WCOAP Gold Medalist and Bracelet winner Team England
S7 WCOAP Bronze medal Antes only
Bronze Shoot out WCOAP

Des

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #46 on: March 01, 2015, 13:37:19 PM »

Agree we haven"t got it right just now Carl and will try to improve this ahead of the WCOAP.  It"s important that we continue to attract new players to APAT and photo tagging and sharing helps a great deal with that on facebook.  So we feel we need to move in that direction, but I agree it needs to be better than what we have at the moment.  But it is give and take on both sides as bringing in new players should be as important to long term members as the organisers.
Email: des@apat.com
Facebook: Des Duffy
Twitter: Des Duffy

fandango

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
  • "it was suited"
« Reply #47 on: March 01, 2015, 15:10:49 PM »

Agree we haven"t got it right just now Carl and will try to improve this ahead of the WCOAP.  It"s important that we continue to attract new players to APAT and photo tagging and sharing helps a great deal with that on facebook.  So we feel we need to move in that direction, but I agree it needs to be better than what we have at the moment.  But it is give and take on both sides as bringing in new players should be as important to long term members as the organisers.

Think FB is great at advertising up and coming events (myself and other members always share the post).. As for live updates of the event itself it"s not so good.. I"m sure if we all rally together we can share pics on FB?.. The live updates that we used to have on the forum where pretty amazing!! And I"m a sad as I like to reminisce on past events and bathe in some glory every now and then.. Regarding advertising.. Has the thought of selling patches for members to wear ever been discussed? For a nominal fee these can be purchased and distributed at events for members to wear with pride..
2011 Bronze medal in Omaha online WCOAP
2012 ECOAP Main Event Champion and Gold Medalist
2012 ECOAP Player of Series winner
2012 UK Amateur Champion
WCOAP Gold Medalist and Bracelet winner Team England
S7 WCOAP Bronze medal Antes only
Bronze Shoot out WCOAP

IrishTom

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #48 on: March 01, 2015, 18:24:16 PM »

Think FB is great at advertising up and coming events (myself and other members always share the post).. As for live updates of the event itself it"s not so good.. I"m sure if we all rally together we can share pics on FB?.. The live updates that we used to have on the forum where pretty amazing!! And I"m a sad as I like to reminisce on past events and bathe in some glory every now and then.. Regarding advertising.. Has the thought of selling patches for members to wear ever been discussed? For a nominal fee these can be purchased and distributed at events for members to wear with pride..

I"m (now) in total agreement that FB is not the answer with how we tried it in Coventry and here yesterday (unless someone can point out the errors of our ways and it can be used and retained chronologically) - so we"re now trying to find a compromise as Des says so we can provide a chronological blog worth reading (and to reminisce Carl!) whilst using the power of Facebook to "connect" and "share" to get the APAT name and events out to a wider audience - and we appreciate if you continue to share those kind of things via Facebook - thank you - so instead of our historical "google picassa" photos, we"re using the APAT Facebook page for photos that we can tag and share, as for today using the APAT Forum for the update element of it (as opposed to yesterday where it all went on FB which just doesn"t have the likes of "picture cards" etc to enhance the blog visually).
Facebook: Tom Brady (Plymouth)
Twitter: TomBradyLPPL