Author Topic: APAT Announces European Amateur Poker Championship  (Read 53978 times)

pazzorilancio

Re: APAT Announces European Amateur Poker Championship
« Reply #105 on: August 07, 2007, 10:11:06 AM »
Really? ISP"s definitely do cache web pages so short periods of times...

Gambloor

« Reply #106 on: August 07, 2007, 10:52:03 AM »

I might be wrong, but I believe we were down to 20 runners from 150 by midnight in Dublin.  Running an additional level should see us down to 12 to 15 and ideally we will bring between 20 to 30 back on day three. 

Just browsing through this thread when I saw this.  I believe (I may be wrong) that APAT tourneys normally pay top 10%.  If the top 10% in Luton are paid (top 30) there would have to be more than 30 players playing on the final day (most likely the final 4 tables), as I can"t see how the bubble can burst without the field being consolidated.  I"m no tournament director though, so shout me down if I"m wrong  :)

HaworthBantam

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #107 on: August 07, 2007, 12:28:52 PM »
I have done some tournament directing and my assumption (dangerous I know) would be that both day 1"s would play down to the end of an appropriate level, regardless of how many players are left - probably the  2000/4000 level.

This would enable day two to start at 3000/6000 and no players getting an advantage out of differing finishing blinds.

This method will not take into account the number of players left each day (you may have 17 from day 1a and 15 from day 1b etc), but does seem the fairest.

I may be completely off the mark however, but I"m sure Des will put me straight........

Ian

Ironside

• Silver Member
« Reply #108 on: August 08, 2007, 18:56:27 PM »

I might be wrong, but I believe we were down to 20 runners from 150 by midnight in Dublin.  Running an additional level should see us down to 12 to 15 and ideally we will bring between 20 to 30 back on day three. 

Just browsing through this thread when I saw this.  I believe (I may be wrong) that APAT tourneys normally pay top 10%.  If the top 10% in Luton are paid (top 30) there would have to be more than 30 players playing on the final day (most likely the final 4 tables), as I can"t see how the bubble can burst without the field being consolidated.  I"m no tournament director though, so shout me down if I"m wrong  :)

i forgot about that yeah there will be a need to stop the clock when 20 players are out on day 1a just so that there are atleast 30 coming back on day 2 this could lead to anywhere upto 50 players come back for day 2 this would be unforutunate

TightEnd

• Platinum Member
  • If Carlsberg did live updates, I'd be a lager
« Reply #109 on: August 08, 2007, 19:01:46 PM »
Unfortunate maybe, but a feature of all multi day comps I have played that sadly some return and do not make the money

Thinking something along the lines of playing down to 20 runners on Day 1b, the same on day1b and then giving some blind relief by starting the clock at the beginning of that level on day 2

Will let you know when we have decided

dougal7878

• No Mail
  • Bronze Member
« Reply #110 on: August 08, 2007, 19:06:05 PM »
Well.....Cache or no cache.....refresh or f5 there both crap.....pressing away for ages and nothing....open up a 2nd tab and there it is.....i"ve never typed so fast!.......Click fest"s suck!!!!! Lets see if 3/4 minutes was good enought this time....compared to the 4 hours last time!! ;)

Ironside

• Silver Member
« Reply #111 on: August 08, 2007, 19:09:10 PM »

Unfortunate maybe, but a feature of all multi day comps I have played that sadly some return and do not make the money

Thinking something along the lines of playing down to 20 runners on Day 1b, the same on day1b and then giving some blind relief by starting the clock at the beginning of that level on day 2

Will let you know when we have decided

yeah there will have to be a few not getting paid returning otherwise its impossible to work out who is 31st and who is 30th means a long 2nd day

daviesjay

• The Pot
« Reply #112 on: August 09, 2007, 07:35:34 AM »
Are they really paying top 30?

technolog

• Platinum Member
  • Happy chappy
« Reply #113 on: August 09, 2007, 12:27:56 PM »
It would be "normal" to pay the top 10% or thereabouts.

JC

« Reply #114 on: August 11, 2007, 15:14:33 PM »
Any news on the % payouts for the Top 30?

APAT

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT Poker Association & Tour
« Reply #115 on: August 11, 2007, 16:02:31 PM »
I am working on that as we speak and it should be released tomorrow or early next week.