Author Topic: Escape game - Interest thread  (Read 5982 times)

amcgrath1uk

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Gold Member
Escape game - Interest thread
« on: March 10, 2015, 23:52:24 PM »
As a lot of you are aware, I"m playing a fair few of these live escape games. I"d quite like to play one whilst I"m in London, and, on Sunday 5th April, I"m playing the HORSE only, which doesn"t start until 4pm.

This gives me the time to play 1/2 on the Sunday before....

So the question is, is there anyone else up for it?

Costs will be approx £20-£25 per person.

I"m intending to go to either ClueQuest ( near Kings Cross) - but the ONLY time they have currently available is 9am ( but they have 4 rooms playable at that time), EscapeLand which is the closest to Stratford which is available at 10am and midday ( 1 room only), or EscapeHunt which have 3 different rooms, but have multiple copies of all of them so teams can race) available at 11:30am or 1pm

ClueQuest is the one I"ve heard most about, so that"s top of my personal list to do, but depending on numbers, can easily go to any of them.

If you are interested, please let me know on the thread. I"ll want to book by this weekend, seeing how busy they all seem to be ( and would need payment by bank transfer as well in advance!)

Cheers

Asa
Season 6 Online Ranking Winner
Season 6 UK Online Winner
Season 6 Member of the winning England team at the WCOAP
Season 6 Member of the England 'B' team, bronze medallists at the Home Internationals
Seasons 10 WCOAP Player of the series
WCOAP 8 game champ
WCOAP turbo champ
WCOAP Pineapple 2n

Chris_Austin

• Bronze Member
Re: Escape game - Interest thread
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2015, 00:15:13 AM »
I know google is right there in the top right of my screen but perhaps you can explain it better? I"ve never even heard of this escape thing.

amcgrath1uk

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2015, 00:26:10 AM »
Chris

As simply as I can explain

You and friends get locked into a room. You then have solve a series of puzzles by finding clues/solving riddles etc to open up padlocks. The game progresses until the time runs out ( usually 60 minutes) or you find the way out!

Got to go to bed now ( up in 5 hours), but if you want more info, just let me know and I"ll help you out better!
Season 6 Member of the England 'B' team, bronze medallists at the Home Internationals
WCOAP 8 game champ
WCOAP turbo champ
WCOAP Pineapple 2n

Chris_Austin

• Bronze Member
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2015, 13:24:03 PM »
That sounds right up my street. I"m playing a fair few events but i"ve left a couple of days free for alternative activities. I"ll check the schedule and get back to you.

Big Club

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2015, 16:53:34 PM »
Hi Asa... could well be in for this, I"m not playing until the Horse either. Is there a game where Man City escape the Champions league next week or is that a bit too much true to life?

KarmaDope

• Platinum Member
  • The Groom
    • Blonde Forum
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2015, 17:59:35 PM »

Hi Asa... could well be in for this, I"m not playing until the Horse either. Is there a game where Man City escape the Champions league next week or is that a bit too much true to life?

Thats definitely not possible!

For those who want some more info, read this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Real-life_room_escape - this will give you a good, basic example of what it is.

Also, here"s a review of clueQuest: http://londonist.com/2013/06/cluequest-a-second-live-escape-game-opens-in-london.php and our blog is here (free plug!): http://escapegameaddicts.wordpress.com

Oh, and obviously, assuming I can get down there, I"ll be in.
[IMG=http://www.vegasmessageboard.com/countdown/countdown.php?c=purple&f=3&y=2013&m=11&d=12&h=18&mi=20&o=0&p=1][/img]

amcgrath1uk

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2015, 18:18:42 PM »

Escape as in get through? Here"s bloody hoping!! I think it"s called the "Aguero"
WCOAP 8 game champ
WCOAP turbo champ
WCOAP Pineapple 2n

Predator

« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2015, 19:04:53 PM »
Hi there, I"m down all week and this has grabbed my attention too! Spooky thing is I received a Facebook post from a work colleague in reference to an ex work colleague who has started up his own business called Enigma Escape & are based in London. Had a brief look at their set up & I would be delighted to give it a go. Message me back personally, can then arrange to meet up, cheers.

amcgrath1uk

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2015, 21:39:34 PM »
Right

I"ve looked at all the options, and with it being Easter Sunday, I think it will be best to play one that"s fairly easy to get to & from Stratford. Therefore I"m looking at the Escape Hunt.

For teams of 5, it"s £24 each, and at 11:30am start, there"s still lots of choice to book.

WCOAP 8 game champ
WCOAP turbo champ
WCOAP Pineapple 2n

KarmaDope

• Platinum Member
  • The Groom
    • Blonde Forum
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2015, 08:26:28 AM »
Bumping to see if anyone is still interested. I"m confirmed for London now so will be there.
[IMG=http://www.vegasmessageboard.com/countdown/countdown.php?c=purple&f=3&y=2013&m=11&d=12&h=18&mi=20&o=0&p=1][/img]