Author Topic: WCOAP 2015 OFC  (Read 6128 times)

3N1GM4

• Silver Member
WCOAP 2015 OFC
« on: March 20, 2015, 17:47:56 PM »
Any idea when we should expect to see the structure and rules to be used for the OFC event?

It"s only a week away and we still don"t know what exact variant and structure will be featuring... I really want to play this event, but don"t feel great about committing before I know what the tournament will actually be!

Optional

• Bronze Member
Re: WCOAP 2015 OFC
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2015, 11:01:43 AM »
I am also waiting for a clarification, but i guess it will be 4handed and levels increase every 12hands. F.e. we will Start with 300 Points. 1-2-3-4-5-6-8-10-12...
What i want to know is, if there will be played table by table and than two "final tables" or if there will be a table balance. If yes, how will this works?

Looking forward
Stefan
« Last Edit: March 21, 2015, 20:25:22 PM by Optional »
3th Place 2012 ECOAP PLO Omaha

IrishTom

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2015, 14:35:02 PM »
I have to admit that OFC is alien to me! and I"m waiting on the game structure and points table, but at this point can confirm it will be a 32 player cap as it is 4 handed game.
Facebook: Tom Brady (Plymouth)
Twitter: TomBradyLPPL

Chris_Austin

• Bronze Member
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2015, 02:42:30 AM »

I have to admit that OFC is alien to me! and I"m waiting on the game structure and points table, but at this point can confirm it will be a 32 player cap as it is 4 handed game.

Hope to see you in it then! Really looking forward to this one.

3N1GM4

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2015, 22:28:46 PM »
Ok, so if it is 4 handed, we can presume this is single card draw, not pineapple? Shame, especially as 3 handed is so much quicker and easier to score and pineapple hands play faster and with more action IMO.

Important things in my personal view to be clarified ASAP with the event 6 days away:

Royalties chart/scoring to be used (points for trips in the middle?)
Fantasyland repeat requirements (assuming any 10-point royalty, but some just play trips+ up front)
Starting stacks, chips per point each level and level lengths
Details of how bustouts and table merges will be handled (shootout style, or regular MTT balancing?)

It seems a real shame that this is all still unknown and the cap is so low - there is a huge interest in OFC and it would be good to see APAT offering something more substantial and considered. Just my $0.02 of course.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2015, 00:12:49 AM by 3N1GM4 »

Chris_Austin

• Bronze Member
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2015, 05:43:34 AM »
There was mention back along of it being played similarly to the one that Aspers ran during the Unibet Open which I didn"t get to play in but was able to watch for a bit.

From what I could see, it was 3-handed but it was definitely single card draw and no Fantasyland. The standard royalty pay out was used i.e. 2, 4, 6, 10, 15, 25, double in the middle with trips worth 2pts then 66+ up top worth 1+pts. So QQ up top wouldn"t get you into fantasyland but it would earn you 7pts. I couldn"t stay long enough to see how the tournament aspect was integrated into it i.e. bustouts, clock/handcount etc.

I would ideally like to see this event played just like the recent TonyBet world champs in Prague and I don"t think the pineapple aspect is too much to jump into as a beginner but perhaps that would be the reason for it to be single draw (same reasoning for no FL). So played more simply, it will really appeal to any stud or limit players, for sure! Not as much gamble/fun without fantasyland though.

dwh103

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
  • @dwh103
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2015, 05:56:51 AM »
Definitely best without fantasyland in a tournie setting. Get there once at the right time and it"d just destroy your table.
TEAM GOTHAM (Batman)

http://twitter.com/dwh103

Won some stuff too long ago for it to stay on a signature.

Optional

• Bronze Member
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2015, 12:43:32 PM »
True. Pineapple and fantasyland is not needed in tourney
3th Place 2012 ECOAP PLO Omaha

IrishTom

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2015, 13:54:02 PM »
I"m hoping/expecting to have everything sorted later today from Aspers, in the meantime I can advise the following:

Ok, so if it is 4 handed, we can presume this is single card draw, not pineapple?
Yes single card not pineapple

Royalties chart/scoring to be used (points for trips in the middle?)
Fantasyland repeat requirements (assuming any 10-point royalty, but some just play trips+ up front)
Details of how bustouts and table merges will be handled (shootout style, or regular MTT balancing?)

Will advise the royalty chart in use asap - MTT balancing - won"t be doing fantasyland as there is a very mixed level of skill set in the event

It seems a real shame that this is all still unknown and the cap is so low - there is a huge interest in OFC and it would be good to see APAT offering something more substantial and considered.
The original player cap may be possible to increase on the day - from the three events that Aspers have run, only one of them has reached cap of 32.

3N1GM4

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2015, 20:26:00 PM »
Thanks for the info Tom - am guessing this still hasn"t been confirmed by Aspers as you suggested?

Personally, seeing that it is 4 handed and single card is disappointing - I understand the valid points about fantasyland in a tourney setting though.

IrishTom

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2015, 22:57:56 PM »
The "individual event" topic has been updated with the agreed info/scoring.

Chris_Austin

• Bronze Member
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2015, 08:24:59 AM »
That"s great. cheers Tom. I have a couple of other questions about the format but they"re fairly unimportant and you may not know the answer so whatever the case is, it"ll be interesting and fun to adjust to on the day  ;)

It has been really hard to persuade my mates at home to not play pineapple and no FL since I introduced them to it so I haven"t had as much practice at this as I would have liked!

This event should give some good exposure to the game, especially to APAT members that haven"t heard of it or have heard but don"t exactly know what it is. It"s a fairly easy one to report on too as hands take time to play out and 4-handed, everything is on show!

redsimon

• Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2015, 08:46:12 AM »
Chip stack size too not mentioned or "blind/points levels?

dwh103

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
  • @dwh103
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2015, 09:39:41 AM »
Yay for "normal" OFC!

(Sorry Ian!)
TEAM GOTHAM (Batman)

http://twitter.com/dwh103

Won some stuff too long ago for it to stay on a signature.