Author Topic: WCOAP PLO8 starting stack reduced this year..  (Read 6167 times)

fandango

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
  • "it was suited"
WCOAP PLO8 starting stack reduced this year..
« on: March 20, 2015, 17:52:07 PM »
Hi Tom/Des..

Noticed that the starting stack has been reduced this year from last years 15k to 10k.. Last year was a great success and the 15k was warmly appreciated from all those who played.. Is there a particular reason why we seem to be getting less for our £££ this year  >:(?
Look forward to this 1 tournament the most over the whole season as I know many other PLO8 die hard players do, seems a shame..
2011 Bronze medal in Omaha online WCOAP
2012 ECOAP Main Event Champion and Gold Medalist
2012 ECOAP Player of Series winner
2012 UK Amateur Champion
WCOAP Gold Medalist and Bracelet winner Team England
S7 WCOAP Bronze medal Antes only
Bronze Shoot out WCOAP

IrishTom

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
Re: WCOAP PLO8 starting stack reduced this year..
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2015, 19:17:59 PM »

Hi Tom/Des..

Noticed that the starting stack has been reduced this year from last years 15k to 10k.. Last year was a great success and the 15k was warmly appreciated from all those who played.. Is there a particular reason why we seem to be getting less for our £££ this year  >:(?
Look forward to this 1 tournament the most over the whole season as I know many other PLO8 die hard players do, seems a shame..

Hi Carl, following some feedback from Luton PLO8 (appreciate it was a Nat side event) but moreso in trying to schedule the possibility for more players that weekend to play as much as they want and get more bang for their bucks overall we set the start time at 6pm - last year"s event went on for nearly 12 hours and I didn"t feel this year we want a 6am finish tied in with all the other events they will be playing - including those playing Day 1B of ME - hopefully the schedule will allow the possibility for those who want it to potentially play all 3 popular events - ME Day1 and if they bust within circa 7 hours then play the PLO8 and then be free for HORSE on Sunday - it"s a tricky balance in trying to achieve to please as many as possible, whilst I hope and believe the structure for PLO8 will still give a quality event.

We did manage a 2-day PLO event though (and are re-looking at that structure) ;)
Facebook: Tom Brady (Plymouth)
Twitter: TomBradyLPPL

fandango

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
  • "it was suited"
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2015, 12:30:36 PM »

Hi Tom/Des..

Hi Carl, following some feedback from Luton PLO8 (appreciate it was a Nat side event) but moreso in trying to schedule the possibility for more players that weekend to play as much as they want and get more bang for their bucks overall we set the start time at 6pm - last year"s event went on for nearly 12 hours and I didn"t feel this year we want a 6am finish tied in with all the other events they will be playing - including those playing Day 1B of ME - hopefully the schedule will allow the possibility for those who want it to potentially play all 3 popular events - ME Day1 and if they bust within circa 7 hours then play the PLO8 and then be free for HORSE on Sunday - it"s a tricky balance in trying to achieve to please as many as possible, whilst I hope and believe the structure for PLO8 will still give a quality event.

We did manage a 2-day PLO event though (and are re-looking at that structure) ;)

Thanks Tom I"m sure it will be a great success..

R.E... PLO are you re-looking at structure or Starting stack?
2011 Bronze medal in Omaha online WCOAP
2012 ECOAP Main Event Champion and Gold Medalist
2012 ECOAP Player of Series winner
2012 UK Amateur Champion
WCOAP Gold Medalist and Bracelet winner Team England
S7 WCOAP Bronze medal Antes only
Bronze Shoot out WCOAP

Sugar_Free

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2015, 15:47:51 PM »

Hi Tom/Des..

Tom, I just hope you"re not sacrificing what could be two quality omaha tournaments for those who are playing them in order to accommodate those who only might.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2015, 19:03:18 PM by Sugar_Free »
S4 G UK Team - LPM
S6 S UK Online, B Online Team Cup, Home Internationals - England "B", Irish Online
S7 G (& Bracelet) WCOAP Online
S8 G Scottish Online, B WCOAP Stud
S9 S WCOAP Team - England, B UK Team - LPM
S10 S Irish Online, England Captain - WCOAP
S13 B UK Team - APAT Degens

Robbiebox

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2015, 23:13:38 PM »

Hi Tom/Des..

Last year we finished about 1:30 am, it did not go on until 6am. 15k chips will be fine for this.
2010 WCOAP HORSE Silver
2011 WCOAP STUD Gold
2011 WCOAP Online OMAHA HI/Lo Gold
2012 GUKPT Bolton PLO Champion
2014 WCOAP OMAHA HI/LO Silver
2018 WCOAP TRIPLE STUD Gold
2019 The COUNTIES Gold

Paulie_D

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
  • Travel Guru
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2015, 23:23:53 PM »

Last year we finished about 1:30 am, it did not go on until 6am. 15k chips will be fine for this.

Last year started at 2pm and went to 1:30am

This year"s starts at 6pm ..So 12 hours would be 6am.

See?
“Thor has Mjolnir but I have a banhammer. I think I win”

Robbiebox

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2015, 23:46:20 PM »
Oh 2 O"clock start last year, fair enough.

Still like 15k though ;D
2010 WCOAP HORSE Silver
2011 WCOAP STUD Gold
2011 WCOAP Online OMAHA HI/Lo Gold
2012 GUKPT Bolton PLO Champion
2014 WCOAP OMAHA HI/LO Silver
2018 WCOAP TRIPLE STUD Gold
2019 The COUNTIES Gold