Author Topic: WSOP 2015 Fantasy poker rules.. Pick your team  (Read 121388 times)

MintTrav

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
Re: WSOP 2015 Fantasy poker rules.. Pick your team
« Reply #285 on: July 02, 2015, 17:04:16 PM »
So that"s that then. Steve wins the APAT WSOP Fantasy League.

Roll on next year.
5th place - Portsmouth Snooker Club £10 rebuy

Liz Lieu borrowed my pen - 01/06/2013

madsteve

« Reply #286 on: July 02, 2015, 18:00:53 PM »
Yea!

Unlucky Carl

Unlucky Guys

The tournament organiser"s decision is final!

MintTrav

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #287 on: July 03, 2015, 01:11:38 AM »
When the dust settles, there will probably be one point each for McCorkell, Deadman, Mortensen and Mizrachi in #61 and one for Boeree in #62, so no real effect at the top. Unbelievably, Suzanne has both Mortensen and Mizrachi.

The event to watch, though, is #63, which just about everyone you have heard of has entered, if they weren"t detained in one of the preceding tournaments. A lot of our guys are still in there and it is possible that we could have multiple final-tablists, as we currently have three in the top ten, including chip-leader Frank Kassela, plus plenty of others through the field. This one is likely to have a major influence on the outcome of the league.

MintTrav

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #288 on: July 03, 2015, 01:31:16 AM »
I think that may be Negreanu"s last WSOP tournament for this year so, if you have him in your team, he won"t be adding to his pitiful points total for the series.

suzanne

• Regional Captain
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #289 on: July 03, 2015, 01:38:37 AM »
"Unbelievably, Suzanne has both Mortensen and Mizrachi."

Admit it, you are starting to get worried aren"t you  ;)

suzanne

• Regional Captain
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #290 on: July 03, 2015, 01:56:53 AM »
Has anyone noticed a player going by the name of Prince of Docness? A quick google search brings up this article where someone has quoted "he has even been called one of the best Omaha hi-lo players on this planet"

http://www.parttimepoker.com/prince-of-docness-owning-souls-at-wsop

What I find very interesting is his remarkable resemblance to Doc Emmett Brown....hmmm.

hi_am_chris

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member

madsteve

« Reply #292 on: July 03, 2015, 07:29:10 AM »

When the dust settles, there will probably be one point each for McCorkell, Deadman, Mortensen and Mizrachi in #61 and one for Boeree in #62, so no real effect at the top. Unbelievably, Suzanne has both Mortensen and Mizrachi.

The event to watch, though, is #63, which just about everyone you have heard of has entered, if they weren"t detained in one of the preceding tournaments. A lot of our guys are still in there and it is possible that we could have multiple final-tablists, as we currently have three in the top ten, including chip-leader Frank Kassela, plus plenty of others through the field. This one is likely to have a major influence on the outcome of the league.

I fear this event may kill me as I have no players left while others have more than one left.

MintTrav

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #293 on: July 03, 2015, 11:35:49 AM »

I fear this event may kill me as I have no players left while others have more than one left.

It didn"t seem like it last night, but you are going to get out of this one without too much damage, our team having engineered a middle-order collapse that the England cricket team would have been proud of. Clements, Chidwick, Ashton, Ausmus, Chiu, Rutter and Negreanu fell close to the money (okay, the last few weren"t that close). From a mass of entrants, we only have three remaining, with Kassela lying 2nd, Parker 10th and Glantz 20/20. If it stays like that, it won"t be too bad for you.

This is chip-leader Andrew Barber"s sixth cash this year. Have any of you got him in your team? No, you haven"t. Everyone transfixed with Negreanu and Selbst as usual.

It"s interesting that a few of the old names are still in this - Elezra, Greenstein, Scotty, Hachem, Shack-Harris... once again HORSE demonstrates where the class is.

cuzza23

• Bronze Member
« Reply #294 on: July 03, 2015, 12:44:54 PM »

Has anyone noticed a player going by the name of Prince of Docness? A quick google search brings up this article where someone has quoted "he has even been called one of the best Omaha hi-lo players on this planet"

http://www.parttimepoker.com/prince-of-docness-owning-souls-at-wsop

What I find very interesting is his remarkable resemblance to Doc Emmett Brown....hmmm.

Great Scott.......
APAT UK championships ME 2010 - 5th place cash
APAT ECOAP 6 max 2012 - 6th place cash
APAT UK championships ME 2013- 11th place cash
APAT UK team championships 2017-5th place finish (ColdstreamPKR)
Back to back to back APAT WSOP FANTASY POKER WINNER 2017/2018/2019

PokerPax

• Bronze Member
« Reply #295 on: July 03, 2015, 17:52:54 PM »
So the Tiger Woods of poker finally makes an appearance, and, well, does a Tiger Woods! Well played Ivey! Donkey.  :D

MintTrav

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #296 on: July 04, 2015, 04:55:03 AM »

Event 61: $1,111 The Little One for One Drop          

Runners          4555
Paid          268
Final Table          9

Player          Position          Points          
Craig McCorkell          85          1          
Simon Deadman          193          1          
Carlos Mortensen          311          1          
Michael Mizrachi          337          1          

Selector          Points
Suzanne          2
Paxo          1
Dann          1
Steve          1
Craig          1

Having both been around 11th or 12th throughout the whole tournament, Deadman and McCorkell both lose their way at the crucial time.

Suzanne shows that she knows how to pick them.

MintTrav

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #297 on: July 04, 2015, 05:11:54 AM »

Event 62: $1,500 Bounty No-Limit Hold'em          

Runners          2178
Paid          243
Final Table          9

Allyn Shulman          66          1          
Liv Boeree          162          1          

Selector          Points
John          2

After holding out for a long time, my girls make it a happy ending to the series for me.

MintTrav

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #298 on: July 04, 2015, 05:37:29 AM »
#63 is still running. Down to six, Kassela is still there for Richard. Parker and Glantz both fell short of the final table.

#64, the online event, is also down to six, though your guess is as good as mine as to who they are. Rumour has it that three of the final-tablists are actually Brian Hastings.

#65 - Linde will be the only scorer, but is currently well down the field, so that will be one point for Carl, unless he does something dramatic soon.

MintTrav

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #299 on: July 04, 2015, 12:59:32 PM »

Event 63: $10,000 H.O.R.S.E Championship        

Runners          204
Paid          24
Final Table          8

Frank Kassela          6          5          
Brock Parker          16          1          
Matt Glantz          18          1          

Selector          Points
Richard          5
Chris          1
Gareth          1

What a tough event. The top three at the end were all players most of us hadn"t heard of, but they sure know their stuff:

1st was Andrew Barber who, as mentioned above, now has six cashes this year.

2nd was Viacheslav Zhukov of the Soviet Secret Police, for his fourth cash of this year"s series. He has now finished 2nd, 4th, 10th and 14th, all in mixed games.

3rd was Don Zewin. Never heard of him? He finished third in the Main Event the year Hellmuth won it against Chan. No bracelets, but 24 cashes over the years, including a heads-up loss in Razz in 2012.

Also on the final table were Main Event winners Joe Hachem and Scott Nguyen, who both know a thing or two about mixed games.

Every pro in Vegas took part in this. Gotta give Barber his dues for coming out top from that field.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2015, 13:14:59 PM by MintTrav »