Author Topic: Updates - Welsh Championship at Cardiff Grosvenor 28th-30st Aug 2015  (Read 53174 times)

Matt D

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
Re: Updates - Welsh Championship at Cardiff Grosvenor 28th-30st Aug 2015
« Reply #285 on: August 31, 2015, 21:06:46 PM »
Don"t forget that this weekend we have the online version of the Welsh Amateur Poker Championship.

SUN   6 Sep 15   18:00   Welsh Online Championship £20 + £2
SUN   6 Sep 15   18:30   Welsh Online Side Event - PLO £10 + £1

And the week after that we have:

SUN   13 Sep 15   18:00   *UK Team Online Championship £20 + £2

* This will also act as a "qualifying event" for the live equivalent (UK Team Championship) which will be held in January 2016 - the Top 3 finishing teams will be invited to play in the live event.
APAT Online is on Grosvenor Poker. Down the software from http://www.apat.com/grosvenor-poker

MintTrav

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #286 on: August 31, 2015, 21:30:05 PM »
It has occurred to me that a lot of people may not be familiar with the famous spectator at the final table (or may have forgotten over the years).

Nicky Piper was a world-class boxer from Cardiff who fought for a world title three times, once against Nigel Benn. Apart from the world title attempts, he only lost two other fights in his 33-fight professional career, one to a future World Champion and one to a boxer who fought for World titles both before and after he fought Piper. Nearly all of Piper"s wins were by knockout.

Here we see him keeping a watchful eye on Rodders, the Kempster and Bash in case they start string-betting or playing out of turn.

5th place - Portsmouth Snooker Club £10 rebuy

Liz Lieu borrowed my pen - 01/06/2013

Matt D

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #287 on: August 31, 2015, 23:48:53 PM »
Almost busted out the "mega flash" for that shot, but decided against it...

(in the end I believe JM papped him).
APAT Online is on Grosvenor Poker. Down the software from http://www.apat.com/grosvenor-poker

APAT

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT Poker Association & Tour
« Reply #288 on: September 01, 2015, 09:57:24 AM »
Nicky is a passionate poker fan and APAT has supported a couple of his charity poker initiatives over the years.  To add to his plaudits, he has also been a long term broadcast commentator on boxing.

Matt D

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member

ChuckyDB

« Reply #290 on: September 04, 2015, 20:17:36 PM »
Woop.

Fantastic day obviously.  100% free roller from my lppl package made it all the more sweet.  Always love the APAT structure as plenty of time to pick your spots, especially when running 20bigs from level 6 to the FT!!
Then running good and winning my flips towards the business end did the rest.

My first poker medal/Trophy for the shelf and the 3k a very welcome boost with Baby number 2 ready in October. So yet again I wont get to give much of it back. Probably a good thing.  ;D

Thank you to everyone I spoke to at various points. Everyone was polite.
Also thanks to Paxo, for the 1 vrs the rest rail.