Author Topic: Scotland - Team Discussion  (Read 54364 times)

SirPercival

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
Re: Scotland - Team Discussion
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2008, 21:21:11 PM »

Once we get through the WCOAP next week Stuart, APAT will provide you with a list of leading Scottish players with their performance data over the season.

Thanks

HaworthBantam

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2008, 21:21:37 PM »

I"ve heard that Billyho10 plays a mean game as well......

Maxriddles

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2008, 22:43:06 PM »

Great choice of captain.Well deserved Stuart.I think Gordon Mcarthur and James Eccles must be 2 automatic picks for the Scotland team.

I, along with MickyP, would nominate Gordon Mcarthur and James Eccles to join Mary on the list.

I agree both Gordon and Eck would be good choices if they are interested. I"m sure there are a few more out there that I don"t know about though.

Gordon, Eck, Mary, and MickyP would be my choices.

Scotland FTW
Often the correct decision is the hardest to reach

Santino67

• Platinum Member
  • Fat Charlie Sheen - @GrantSpeirs
    • Bebo & Facebook
« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2008, 08:56:49 AM »

Totally agree with this, played with him numerous times and he"s solid but can still mix it up. Normally goes well into games and very rarely makes rash decisions. Would"ve had a huge amount of chips in Ireland (120k) with 25 players left, if it wasn"t for someone suckin out with A9 against his AK
APAT Scottish Amateur Champion 2011 :~)
APAT Online North America PLO Champion 2011
Chipaccrual's Big APAT Christmas End Of Year Quiz Champion 2011
2012 Scottish Captain @ ECOAP
APAT Online Irish PLO Champion 2013
APAT Online Scottish Champion 2017

billyho10

• Silver Member
  • Team FNP
« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2008, 10:48:47 AM »

Totally agree with this, played with him numerous times and he"s solid but can still mix it up. Normally goes well into games and very rarely makes rash decisions. Would"ve had a huge amount of chips in Ireland (120k) with 25 players left, if it wasn"t for someone suckin out with A9 against his AK
thanks guys, im honoured for the vote of confidence from such top APATers  8)

as for the lack of "interest" stuart i think us scots are happy to let you chose YOUR team, rather than all the embarrasin "begging" the other countries players seem to be doin. im sure whoever you pick will be honoured to represent the winning scottish team!  ;D

i also agree that the names put forward to play would do us proud (just keep mickey away from the drink :o)....not because of his play, he plays a mean drunk game lol, but he may ruin the scottish "t" total image  ;)

billyho 8)
« Last Edit: August 24, 2008, 11:05:05 AM by billyho10 »
"this is your life, and its ending one minute at a time"

jacklevel06

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2008, 11:16:30 AM »
Thanks for all the votes of confidence folks,but i have done nothing at all this year and i think there are more deserving scottish player"s than myself.Saying that if i can final table next weekend i might have a little shot at making the team. :)
Mug punter on the horses since 1981

MAIR

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2008, 12:06:16 PM »
I think Stuart"s job is going to be very very hard, the Scottish players are a gr8 bunch and full of superb poker players, Mickey you the man! your support, as always, is 1st class and the confidence you give people is amazing, you helped me so much at Blackpool and you have proven yourself to be a player who could bring it home for Scotland.

Billy, I do hope you are up for consideration, when I saw you take down the Edinburgh Regional, I saw one strong, solid poker player who would make a gr8 addition to the Scottish team.

There are lots more out there, Derek Liddle, fab player online and live, he and I play at our local game once a fortnight and be scared if he is at your table, he is a gr8 poker player.

I don"t envy you your job Stuart, once you get player names and stats in you are going to have a headache or 2 sifting through them and making your decision, its a shame you are not going to be a playing captain as you would do Scotland proud.
Mary Kivlin

lukybugur

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2008, 19:50:02 PM »
^ Top post Mair ^

billyho10

• Silver Member
  • Team FNP
« Reply #23 on: August 24, 2008, 20:11:41 PM »
thanks mary!....and of course, if my country needs/wants me i will be there with my baldy heid and "vin" shades  8)

stuart has plenty to choose from, gd luck mate  :)
"this is your life, and its ending one minute at a time"

SirPercival

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: August 24, 2008, 23:07:14 PM »

as for the lack of "interest" stuart i think us scots are happy to let you chose YOUR team, rather than all the embarrasin "begging" the other countries players seem to be doin. im sure whoever you pick will be honoured to represent the winning scottish team!  ;D
billyho 8)

I don"t actually think there is a lack of interest. I think we are all just typical modest Scots.

SirPercival

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: August 24, 2008, 23:11:49 PM »

I don"t envy you your job Stuart, once you get player names and stats in you are going to have a headache or 2 sifting through them and making your decision, its a shame you are not going to be a playing captain as you would do Scotland proud.

Thanks for the kind words Mary. With only 4 players there is no way I could justify a place given my recent APAT performances.

lukybugur

• Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: August 25, 2008, 08:18:57 AM »
I disagree. From 1k in chips in level 2 to make Day 2 in a National ... that"s the kinda Bravehearts we need roaming in Brighton!
« Last Edit: August 25, 2008, 08:32:58 AM by lukybugur »

RioRodent

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
  • https://photos.app.goo.gl/VFDZrGk6jgyCUzRB2
« Reply #27 on: August 25, 2008, 08:57:36 AM »

I disagree. From 1k in chips in level 2 to make Day 2 in a National ... that"s the kinda Bravehearts we need roaming in Brighton!

You obviously don"t know Brighton very well!! If you Scots are going "roaming in Brighton", just don"t be wearing your skirts.  :o
If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space.

HaworthBantam

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #28 on: August 25, 2008, 11:29:47 AM »

Oi, Scottish soil, clear off to your own thread. Tell him Des.

As for Brighton, I"ve heard that it"s full of hot women with blue hair  ;D

WarBwastardo

• Gold Member
  • I don't have to show you any stinkin' badges
    • La boca de la cueva
« Reply #29 on: August 25, 2008, 14:51:58 PM »

You obviously don"t know Brighton very well!! If you Scots are going "roaming in Brighton", just don"t be wearing your skirts.  :o