Author Topic: APAT WCOAP - World Amateur Poker Championship - Live Update - Day One  (Read 109149 times)

M3boy

• Silver Member
    • M3boy's Poker Page
Re: APAT WCOAP - World Amateur Poker Championship - Live Update
« Reply #345 on: August 31, 2008, 11:07:42 AM »
Finally back home - nitemare - more on that later.

The 99 laydown went like this -

I raised in MP 3xBB , called in 2 spots.
Flop J 9 Q
Short stack with 7k bets 3k, i make it 6k, other guy makes it 12k, short stack all in and I call the extra 6k looking to house up.
Miss the turn, he moves all in for 18k I have to pass.

My exit hand was from the SB with 29k. Button limps, I have AQ spades and make it 7.5k more (blinds 1k 2k soon going to 2k 4k). BB passes, button takes a minute then announces all in. With only 19k back I cannot pass - he had AA - VWP him.

Now for the nitemare home. After missing the last train, my next train is 7am. So I stay in the Vic until closing time (6am) and make my way to Kings Cross only to find work on the cambridge line meaning I have to get a train to Welin Garden City (?sp) then a bus to Cambridge. So on the train I get and I fall asleep. I wake up when the train stops, but it had gone to Welin garden City then back to Kings Cross!

I ask one of the people working when the next train to Cambridge is, they can hardly speak english so I ask them to get someone who CAN speak english, another bod comes over - they are no better. Now with little sleep I am getting a little irate. One woman says it was my fault because I was drunk and missed my train! WTF?!?

I ask for her name, and the name of her superior. With this they call security and threaten to call the police. Go on then I said.

They didnt but thought it would be funny to send me to information at the other end of Kings Cross only for them to tell me the next train leaves in one minute from the same platform I was just at arguing with the workers who could not speak english. So I miss that train and have to wait another half hour.

In cambridge I get in a taxi, who takes the long way round and also goes to totally the wrong place! In the end I had to direct him to my house and he then wanted to charge me £12 for the priviledge - Needless to say I didnt pay! lol

Anyways, good luck to all tomorrow.

Top tourney APAT - even if the journey home was a little frustrating to say the least!!

Right, bed time zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Jon MW

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #346 on: August 31, 2008, 11:09:45 AM »
Game of Skill?

I had a quick look at the rankings history of those that are left to see if I could pick any tips.

Turns out not to be so useful in picking a dark horse as the three best/most consistent performers over the Regional/Online/Live season are the 3 players left with the most chips.

So my highly skilled analysis of who I can tip to win is our current chip leader Steve Stringer, who looks like he just might be converting his Regional form into a National performance.

GL all.
Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - Razz 2007 Champion
2007 WSOP Razz 13/341

Chelsea

• Silver Member
  • 2010 Double Winners...history in the making.
« Reply #347 on: August 31, 2008, 11:13:02 AM »
wow.....now that is a top  bad beat
South London la la la

Claw75

• Silver Member
« Reply #348 on: August 31, 2008, 11:16:09 AM »
Good luck to Rudders, Suzanne, Jon Woodfield and Nick Jenkins!  

maasai

« Reply #349 on: August 31, 2008, 11:29:23 AM »
Good Luck to everyone still in.
Another great event organised by Des & Co,
Unfortunately couldnt make it to day 2, but it was great while it lasted!!!!
Once again, Thank you APAT for an amazing tournament!!!

Suraj Shah

Ericstoner

• Bronze Member
  • It's getting harder, my feet are biginning to drag
« Reply #350 on: August 31, 2008, 11:44:31 AM »
Great Day,at the good old vic. It was like re-discovering an old girlfriend,who you"d left behind,has got all toned up,and was out to imprese.
The dealers were supearb,Dana couldn"t do enough to help me,what a star she is.
The whole Apat crew attended to everything with the style we"ve grown to love.The hardbitten old pros behind their mounrians of cash chips,marvelled at all this new meat,but us Apater"s cash players held our end up.
The drinks flowed,friendshhips were renewed,there  seemed to be a real good vibe last night.......the best Apat yet,all week,roll on season 3.
Good luck to all those left in,have fun,enjoy the ride.

ad1 ad ah :as:

monkeyman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #351 on: August 31, 2008, 11:47:54 AM »

Game of Skill?

I had a quick look at the rankings history of those that are left to see if I could pick any tips.

Turns out not to be so useful in picking a dark horse as the three best/most consistent performers over the Regional/Online/Live season are the 3 players left with the most chips.

So my highly skilled analysis of who I can tip to win is our current chip leader Steve Stringer, who looks like he just might be converting his Regional form into a National performance.

GL all.

Not a chance. He"s lucky Jack McLucky from lucky land who only won the regional title because he cracked my aces with KJ in leg 4 when he should have been eliminated (me? bitter/twisted?).  It will all end in tears (probably as soon as he realises I"ve been using his laptop to abuse him)
Currently tearing the Ipoker anonymous tables a new one

Jon MW

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #352 on: August 31, 2008, 12:05:42 PM »

... lucky Jack McLucky from lucky land ...

:D
Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - Razz 2007 Champion
2007 WSOP Razz 13/341

tlasparini

« Reply #353 on: August 31, 2008, 12:36:56 PM »
Good luck to Chris "Macca" McKendry and Avril Lindsay - the two remaining Woking AllStars left in. We"re all really proud of you for doing so well in what I found to be a tournament of exceptionally high standard.

And well done to the organisers and other competitors. Despite being card dead, playing not all that well and going out pretty early, I had a fantastic time and am very impressed by the whole APAT setup. It is a credit to the UK poker scene and I hope to be playing many more events in Season 3.

UncleBbro

« Reply #354 on: September 04, 2008, 11:30:04 AM »

Steve had earlier taken half of Phillip"s stack with AA v 99 on a A high flop, 9 on the river

Mike Bodman is up to 17,000

Very interesting hand on table 2

On a board of

js  kd 4s Qc

Jonathan Hellman raised Miles Adam"s 1,300 bet to 3,500

Miles called

Miles bet out 1,500 on the  7d river

Jonathan made it 5,000

Miles is holding  jd jh

He dwelt for an age, and passed

I saw Jonathan"s hand.....the 5,000 was a superb bet!!

"Nice hand review, but it wasnt the Queen of spades on the board, but the queen of clubs. pretty important since I had the queen of spades in my hand. It was a sick hand, and I didnt put Miles on a set, I put him on AK. I really represented the AT of spades and I thought he was a good player enough to fold his hand. If he"d checked the river I"ll probably checked right back though since I could win a showdown if he"d missed he"s draw. The 1500 bet into a 8k pot was weak and looked like a blocking bet to me, so I just had to raise him  Good to se that you can represent hands and win not only with your own hands. Play the player and his hand:) I"m from Sweden and this was my first APAT tournament, and for sure I will come back next year. I had about 28k in chips with average 11500, so i feel so bad about not getting ITM. That"s no limit poker  Great playing with you Miles. You earned a lot of respect being able to fold that strong of a hand. Greetings/Jonatan Hellman,Sweden"
« Last Edit: September 04, 2008, 12:55:44 PM by APAT »