Author Topic: Blue Square Software  (Read 10481 times)

FlyingPig73

• Silver Member
Blue Square Software
« on: August 06, 2007, 21:59:19 PM »
It was my first time on Bluesqaure tonight, and I have to say (or is it just ne) that the software is not as good as PStars or Ftilt. The slide bar control is not good, and the structure of the tourney left a lot to be desired.

I know it was a satelite but when it was down to the last 35 it was all in time.

Can the APAT team get the structures changed to mirror Pstars structures, or is this a no go... Or is it just me, did others find it okay?

"You don't fail when you fall down. You fail when you fall down and don't get back up."

APAT

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT Poker Association & Tour
Re: Blue Square Software
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2007, 22:05:55 PM »
The structures need to become much more APAT friendly Jimmy, and we will work on that with the Blue Square team.  PokerStars is the world leader and there are few that can touch them software wise, but with familiarity and a better structure, Blue Square will be an excellent site for our use, particularly when you contemplate their overall committment to APAT and the guaranteed access to premium cardrooms across the UK.

Jon MW

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2007, 22:13:55 PM »
I forgot to complain about the slider bar - can I just add that or has my complaining time been used up?    :)
Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - Razz 2007 Champion
2007 WSOP Razz 13/341

FlyingPig73

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2007, 22:31:55 PM »

The structures need to become much more APAT friendly Jimmy, and we will work on that with the Blue Square team.  PokerStars is the world leader and there are few that can touch them software wise, but with familiarity and a better structure, Blue Square will be an excellent site for our use, particularly when you contemplate their overall committment to APAT and the guaranteed access to premium cardrooms across the UK.

Des, I totally agree. Bluesquares commitment to the APAT is fantastic, and hopefully with the constructive critique of the APAT customers Bluesquares software and tournament structures may be improved.
"You don't fail when you fall down. You fail when you fall down and don't get back up."

Phil_Crozier

• Silver Member
  • Knowledge Is The Bomb
    • www.easymoneyimthebigwinner.com
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2007, 22:34:34 PM »
Here are my dislikes;

The stupid characters
Bad structure
You can"t move the tournament lobby
No hand for hand
Fold

Jon MW

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2007, 22:36:19 PM »

Here are my dislikes;

The stupid characters
Bad structure
No hand for hand

Well done to all those who made it through though :)
2007 WSOP Razz 13/341

swordfish

• Waiting for the great leap forwards
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2007, 09:53:04 AM »
I"m another who doesn"t like the way the slider works.  Seemed to be an awful lot of over betting last night, and I think this may have had something to do with it?

nosey-p

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2007, 11:07:49 AM »
The slider was a bit difficult to get used to, I was typing in my bet but was running short on time. If we had more time (as other people as said) it should be fine. The structure defiantly needs looking at (not to APAT standard) but I am sure Des will sort it out. I hope it will be as PS for the start of season 2    

kinboshi

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2007, 14:31:50 PM »

Here are my dislikes;

The stupid characters

You can turn them off.  I leave them on though as they don"t bother me, and you don"t see them after you"ve been on a while.  I do prefer the smaller avatars that others use (dare I say Pokerstars?) though.

Bad structure

This can be changed, and I"m sure it will be for the next one.  Blondepoker.com uses the same ipoker software, and there was a tournament recently with 30-min blinds.  Not sure about how the blind levels are set though, if there is a problem with missing blind levels (I don"t know if there is?).

This annoys me immensely.  I have a two monitor set-up, using one screen for poker, and the other for my web browser (usually).  But the tournament lobby will only show on one monitor and cannot be moved.  It"s a ridiculous design flaw, and I do think that whoever designed the ipoker software doesn"t play poker online.

No hand for hand

That"s something I hadn"t noticed (wonder why...?), but something that they could easily add.  They wait until all hands are completed before a break starts - and a message comes up telling you this.  It should be easy enough for them to do the same thing when it approaches a bubble.  Again, the sort of thing poker players notice, but not the non-playing software designers.

My biggest bugbear with the ipoker software is the time you have to make a decision.  It gives you a few seconds, then beeps at you, and then you don"t have long at all (certainly not enough if you have a difficult decision at a crucial time).  The time indicator bears no resemblance to the amount of time you have left - compared to other sites, this is a flaw that really needs to be rectified in my opinion.  The "timebank" feature on PokerStars is very nice, and if ipoker could add something similar that would be brilliant (but not as important as getting the standard time correct and an accurate indicator showing how long is left).

When blondepoker and bluesq moved over to ipoker from Tribeca, the first thing I missed was the x2 x4, etc. betting boxes.  You clicked the box and it entered the amount into the betting field.  You could then quickly edit the amount before betting.  Much, much better than the awful slider on ipoker.  Again, if you"re going to have a slider, it should operate much in the same way as PokerStars.  The ipoker slider goes from the minimum bet to about 20x that amount in the space of a few pixels.  How anyone is meant to accurately determine a useful bet size is beyond me.

However, having said all that - the pros in terms of the live events far outweigh the negatives in terms of the online events (for me anyway).  I guess APAT can continue to lobby bluesq and ipoker to improve the software over time.

"Running hurts up to a point and then it doesn't get any worse."  Ann Trason

jacklevel06

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2007, 17:01:14 PM »
I totally agree with all the remarks about blue square.I used to look forward to the on line events,but i doubt i will be playing as many now.
Mug punter on the horses since 1981

duncthehat

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2007, 17:25:13 PM »
Read all your comments and on the whole totally justified.

Avatars can be switched off.  I type in the amounts rather than slider bar anyway etc. 

Personally Stars is my favourite sight and i spend 90 per cent of my time there and always will i guess.

However I have had  an account with Blue Square for some time and have found their tournements and cash games to be quite soft.

If you cant make money out of their sit and goes there is something wrong!!!

Last thing I need is hundreds of apat players descending on Blue Square and making the games tougher lol!!!!

As for the hand for hand, I am sure last night we went hand for hand when it got down to the nitty gritty but i might be wrong as was one of the short stacks clinging on!!!

WSOP 2014 Seniors 207th - A cash at last!
WSOP 2011 Horse just off a cash :(
WSOP 2012 Horse Crap.  Stud Hi Lo 3 off money :(
3 x Horse WCOAP Final Tables
1 x Razz WCOAP Final Table
Apat Series PLO Runner up 2011
3 x APAT NLH Top 10 Finishes

Zukertort

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2007, 18:48:12 PM »
It"s a pity we won"t see you much online in season 2 Mickey as i enjoyed getting your chips, but i suppose you will save some money!?  ;D ::)

hi_am_chris

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2007, 19:06:30 PM »
lol sure it dint just feel like hand for hand due to all the time wasting ?  ;D

Jon MW

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2007, 19:38:28 PM »
I was watching both tables and there was no hand for hand.

Also when I was playing I was typing in the amounts to bet to get over the slider problem - but by the time I had clicked on the box and typed an amount in I was already getting beeped at to tell me I was running out of time! And that was when I knew what I was going to bet straight away, so effectively there was no time to think.

Luckily I didn"t have any tricky situations as like most people my only decision for most of the tournament was all-in or fold - but giving more time to make decisions would definitely be an improvement, and in its way would get around the problem of the slide bar.
2007 WSOP Razz 13/341

SirPercival

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2007, 20:46:35 PM »

I totally agree with all the remarks about blue square.I used to look forward to the on line events,but i doubt i will be playing as many now.

Micky you will be sadly missed......

as will your easy money   :)