Author Topic: Luton Updates - APAT European Amateur Poker Championship  (Read 31306 times)

lucasj37

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Silver Member
Re: Luton Updates - APAT European Amateur Poker Championship
« Reply #180 on: July 19, 2016, 14:19:04 PM »
Just seen this mate. Huge congrats. Enjoy Vegas!

Fluence

• Silver Member
    • The Ramblings of a Poker Dinosaur
« Reply #181 on: July 21, 2016, 15:06:47 PM »
Dreadful I"ve only just got around to posting here after all this time but in fairness the shock of it meant it took a while to sink in.

Can I just unashamedly say how thrilled I am to be an APAT Champion as I"ve really wanted to win one of these things ever since I first became aware of the APAT.

I"ve played a number of APAT events over a number of years and I was beginning to despair of ever making a FT of a main event let alone winning one.

I feel I played quite well on day one but I just ran ridiculously well on day two and that as we all know is the difference between winning and losing these events. I won 4 key hands on day 2 when AIPF (all brilliantly reported by Lucy, Tom and Leigh plus guest commentators) two of them were against Kev O"Hanlon who on another day would surely have taken Gold.

As always the game was played in a great spirit and as with every APAT event I"ve ever played I made some new friends over the weekend.

Can I just say thank for all the best wishes I"ve received here and via Facebook/Twitter and I look forward to Cardiff when hopefully I"ll get to see you all again.
Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Pears27

• Silver Member
« Reply #182 on: July 21, 2016, 16:06:05 PM »
Congrats again David, and good to be properly introduced having been on various tables with you in the past.

Good shout re Resorts World too - hopefully see you down there some time soon...

Paul.

AceOnTheRiver

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #183 on: July 24, 2016, 18:51:19 PM »
Great post David, congratulations once again.
@jpround on Twitter
Views are my own
"Do not protect yourself by a fence, but rather by your friends" Czech Proverb
"Where you find beer, you find good life" Another Czech Proverb