Author Topic: WCOAP 2017 - Round-Up  (Read 2473 times)

IrishTom

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
WCOAP 2017 - Round-Up
« on: April 18, 2017, 01:48:20 AM »
WCOAP 2017.  Has it been emotional!?  Well... for some... it sure as hell has...

Huge congratulations to all who won a Bracelet or Medal or cash along the way... and to all those who didn't manage any of those... a huge thanks to you all.

Thank you to Lee Harrison and his team at Grosvenor Bury New Road Manchester... a great bunch of staff showing professionalism and skills you should be proud of Lee...

Raj... our TD during the days to Saturday.. she was quite simply first class... thank you from us all x

APAT are leaving Manchester with a positive vibe that clearly has come from the past few days through the infectious enthusiasm and nature of so many members and players whom, on the face of it, we certainly feel that overall you enjoyed WCOAP.  If we return here for Season 11 then we would of course strive to make things even better... food and beverage service was good from the waiters, but availability and timely delivery could certainly be better... but overall, throughout the whole week.... we're delighted.

As always, we're very happy to received feedback on WCOAP and/or Season 10... feel free to post on here or drop me a pm...

So, onwards to Season 11... we have a provisional schedule which we hope/expect to have final approval this week... and if so, you'll have details next weekend to coincide with the WCOAP Online Main Event... it may not include the WCOAP schedule, but it will certainly include the WCOAP venue and dates...

From Des, Leigh, Matt, Lucy and I... thank you.

And to end..... so many Champions, but this moment must surely below to Dave Howard... cream rises...

« Last Edit: April 18, 2017, 03:02:36 AM by IrishTom »
Facebook: Tom Brady (Plymouth)
Twitter: TomBradyLPPL

fandango

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
  • "it was suited"
Re: WCOAP 2017 - Round-Up
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2017, 14:27:14 PM »
Was a fantastic festival by the looks of things, great to see so many APAT regulars win bracelets and run deep.
Although I was unable to make the trip this year I have to applaud the updates and live feeds, by far the best there has ever been. Dof my cap to the guys who commented on the live stream, Leigh, Stu, JP, Chris, Adam, Ian, Tristan etc etc awesome stuff, Tom, Lucy, Matt and of course Des  the cogs in the works that keep the machine running.

On a slightly negative note was a little disappointed a few of the other international teams where unable to make the trip, the likes of Portugal, Canada, USA, France and Spain but I'm sure there was reasons for them not being able to make trip.

Also do we have an idea if the numbers where up or down on previous years?.. did the location have a deciding factor on this or was it dates and other events being run around the same time have an impact positively or negatively?

Looking forward to seeing the stops announced for season 11 and hope I can personally make a couple more than I did this season, keep up the great work APAT. <3
2011 Bronze medal in Omaha online WCOAP
2012 ECOAP Main Event Champion and Gold Medalist
2012 ECOAP Player of Series winner
2012 UK Amateur Champion
WCOAP Gold Medalist and Bracelet winner Team England
S7 WCOAP Bronze medal Antes only
Bronze Shoot out WCOAP