Author Topic: WSOPE Main Event Betting  (Read 5459 times)

lukybugur

• Platinum Member
Re: WSOPE Main Event Betting
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2008, 18:15:32 PM »
Roland de Wolfe has been knocked out in an epic confrontation with Martin Vallo. De Wolfe had raised preflop and Vallo made the call before they proceeded to get all the chips in on an {A-Diamonds} {K-Spades} {4-Hearts} flop, Roland holding {A-Clubs} {K-Clubs} but he was drawing to four outs against Vallo"s flopped set as the Dane was holding {4-Diamonds} {4-Clubs}. Bricks on the {7-Diamonds} turn and {9-Clubs} river ended the Londoner"s dream and Vallo must be amongst the chip leaders since the pot was probably worth around 175,000.

bigredders

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2008, 22:36:40 PM »
gutted.....

lukybugur

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2008, 14:56:17 PM »
Andy Black out now too  :-\

"Come on, don"t do it to me," pleaded an animated Andy Black as he turned over {Kd}{Kc} to Thomas Bentham"s {Ac}{Ks}.

The flop came a harmless {8s}{Js}{3d}, and the Irishman was looking good for a double through.

"That"s a good start," he added.

"Just be positive, Andy, and that **** won"t happen to you," came the wise words of Sensei Matusow.

Heeding the words of the Mouth, Black began chanting to himself: "Think positive, think positive, think pos..."

Turn = {Ad}

"Aaaaaah ****."

Matusow remained silent.

As a 4 diamonds river hit the felt, Black rose from his seat, wished his opponents good luck and exited stage left. As I write, he"s most likely setting fire to Matusow"s entire collection of "positive thinking" literature and mumbling, "I should have stayed negative."

coprey

• Gold Member
  • SkinEm
« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2008, 14:10:20 PM »
Sorry to hear about the demise of the Mad Monk  :-[

The unlucky KK must be an Irish thing.