Author Topic: WSOPE Main Event Coverage  (Read 5172 times)

lukybugur

• Platinum Member
WSOPE Main Event Coverage
« on: October 02, 2008, 15:51:26 PM »

Mikeyboy9361

• Platinum Member
Re: WSOPE Main Event Coverage
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2008, 16:38:38 PM »
Thanks for that Neil. Absolutely bloody no chance of getting any work done now!! UEFA cup on 5, and WSOPE on the PC, my office will not see any more work today!
European Online Silver Medalist 2009
Member of the Leeds "Grand Final" Team
Scottish Amateur Championships Bronze Medalist 2013

LongshanksED

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2008, 19:25:56 PM »
been watching this for the last 2 hours

loving it

negreanu has 420k chips and short stack - still fancy him to win

CrizzyConnor

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2008, 08:41:08 AM »
Heads up for over 5hrs and still no give - back to even in chips!!!

They should just cut the bracelet down the middle...

Does anybody else get echo-y sound through the stream? It"s like the commentator is saying everything twice, sounds trippy as anything especially at this time in the morning when I"m half sleeping... :o
« Last Edit: October 03, 2008, 08:42:59 AM by CrizzyConnor »
WCOAP 2009 Online Omaha Champion
WCOAP 2009 Online ME Final Tablist

Mikeyboy9361

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2008, 08:47:34 AM »
Yeah getting that double up! Can"t believe it is still going, chips absolutely dead level!!

Swinebag

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2008, 08:51:43 AM »
I was watching it at about 7. Juanda was amazing with his 5 to 1 deficit. He kept raising most pots and folding to the russians aggression, to a point where he looked like he was going to snap. Looks like he has finally found the spot and has got to level chips. I hope he takes this down. No offence to the russian, but with his hoodie and shades get up, he just looks an unsavoury faceless future of poker.
Quote from: Chipaccrual
Rob, you are a genius.
Quote from: jacklevel06
You are a genius Rob  :D

Mikeyboy9361

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2008, 10:33:33 AM »
Juanda flops a set to take it down!

Swinebag

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2008, 10:58:51 AM »

Juanda flops a set to take it down!

nice one. A deserving winner. Dominated from the off. A FT and HU master class. Russian played a top game. Russian guy in third has had the best possible FT practice imaginable before the WSOP FT.

Rob, you are a genius.

lukybugur

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2008, 16:25:21 PM »

Does anybody else get echo-y sound through the stream? It"s like the commentator is saying everything twice, sounds trippy as anything especially at this time in the morning when I"m half sleeping... :o

If you have the speakers on your monitor on and your actual speakers on too, it can cause this problem. Sound was OK for me.

CrizzyConnor

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2008, 17:42:32 PM »
I was listening through my laptop so don"t know what the problem was with the sound but it fixed itself eventually...

Anyway I watched this right until the end and although a big part of me wanted Juanda to win I felt sorry for the Russian - he looked like he was never going to give up and nearly had Juanda crushed on SO many occassions (the commentators mentioned something about Juanda rivering a straight for his tournament life at one point?), at the end when Juanda went in on the K high flop the Russian basically gave in and said "I"m so tired, ok I call" with his flush draw and missed. Juanda had previously asked him to speed up his game and the Russian said it was because he was fatigued and not because he was trying to slow the game down - I thought this put him off his game though as it seemed all downhill from here.

Part of me really wanted the Russian to win towards the end because Juanda has already made his name but this was the Russians chance to make a good name for himself and maybe secure sponsorship etc, he might still get it but because it was won by a big name this year I don"t think he"ll be remembered in 2nd place as much as he would"ve been if he went up against a no-name.

However, the positives in Juanda winning the main event are that it was won by a well established American Pro so it will give the tournament a lot more relevence over there I believe - sure a lot of top pros travelled over for it but I think it needed a big pro to win it to give it a proper stamp of approval if you know what I mean.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2008, 17:44:34 PM by CrizzyConnor »
WCOAP 2009 Online Omaha Champion
WCOAP 2009 Online ME Final Tablist

Swinebag

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2008, 11:57:05 AM »
I think with 2 hour clock, the smooth structure and the £10k buy in, this tournament is definitely here to stay.
It was an amazing field. Great coverage from AWOP for the first few days and the various live feeds for the final.
Hell, I"m going to put a fair bit of my BR towards qualifying for this next year.

We"ll definitely be seeing more of the Russian in second too! He was the one who bluffed Hellmuth off two big hands, both shown! In true PH style, he went on and told him how he was going to get all his chips :D
Rob, you are a genius.