Author Topic: A time to reflect - how does it work ??  (Read 2870 times)

noble1

• Platinum Member
A time to reflect - how does it work ??
« on: October 11, 2008, 16:01:18 PM »
« Last Edit: October 11, 2008, 16:24:38 PM by noble1 »

TopPair2Pair

• Silver Member
Re: A time to reflect - how does it work ??
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2008, 14:16:36 PM »
What should we do to improve?

If we all had the opportunity to turn pro and had the spare time to invest in our development then improving would be something alot of players would persue alot more actively. (I am fortunate enough to have the spare time for poker that a pro would have, whilst previously held down a full time job and tried to improve my game which was ridiculosuly difficult given the hindsight.)

A real obsessive, competitive, astute personality is definately a good natural foundation. (epsecially if you come into the game at a late age like a lot of ppl have).

and what stops a lot of poker players from improving?

I would guess finding the time to play and balancing playtime with studytime. Most players hold down a full time job stuggle to find the time to play let alone alocate time to reflect. I would guess a lot of ppl prefer practice compared to theory which is quite a natural instinct as well but could hold players back from their "potential" potential (dont like the term full potential in poker!!).

reviewing our plays and our strategy"s and constantly trying to improve.OF COURSE TO DO THIS WE NEED TO BE HONEST TO OUR SELVES  

I personally keep a diary which includes notes from reviewing my sessions, like a restricted blog, but only allow myself to read it. As a poker player you have to remember the beast you are trying to tame, information is key and a blog can give away alot of information.

Whilst ur writing your blog you know someone else is going to read it so your thinking about your own experiences from someone elses perspective considering how (you want)/(they will) perceive you;
This may not reflect honestly to your understanding of the experiences your writing about for future reference or worse you could be writing too honestly and helping others improve their understanding of your mindset.

Okay i"ve gone off on a bit of a tangent but thats just my opinion on self development. Back to the question...

SO WHAT IS THE BEST CHARACTER TO BE AT POKER???

You can"t change your character just for poker but if I could, I would try to steal as much of Chip Reese"s character as possible!

« Last Edit: October 12, 2008, 14:18:28 PM by TopPair2Pair »
Toppietwo - "Just like it says on the tin"

noble1

• Platinum Member
Re: A time to reflect - how does it work ??
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2008, 19:05:21 PM »