Author Topic: IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT FOR BLACKPOOL UK TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP  (Read 4496 times)

IrishTom

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT FOR BLACKPOOL UK TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP
« on: January 23, 2019, 17:48:04 PM »
We're really sorry to have to announce that this weekend's UK Team Championship will operate as self dealt until we are down to the final five tables.  NLHE side events will also be self deal, but Fri PLO and Sun ROE will be dealer dealt though capacity may be limited.

Working with the Grosvenor team, we have done everything in our control to try and improve the situation, but unfortunately time was against us in finding a solution.

To enable us to have as smooth a Main Event as possible, it would be HUGELY appreciated if a player from each of the Main Event starting tables were to come forward and offer to deal for the table - the table/seat draw can be found HERE and please let me know asap if you could volunteer to deal.

To make up for your disappointment, Grosvenor have added 8 x Goliath seats for members of the winning team and a GUKPT £500 seat for the individual event winner. The event will run as registration fee free of course and refunds are being processed to your accounts as we speak.

In addition, Grosvenor will put on a free hot buffet for Main Event players on both days.

We are also running an Online UK Team Championship Reunion on Grosvenor Poker on Sunday 3rd February.  This will be a password protected MTT with a GUKPT £560 Main Event seat for the individual winner.  All players will be emailed the password, but feel free to ask one of the APAT team whilst in Blackpool and we will share those details with you.

We do hope that this doesn't detract from your enjoyment of what is our most popular event of the season and would appreciate your understanding under the circumstances.

Again, our sincere apologies.

Tom
« Last Edit: January 24, 2019, 00:55:58 AM by IrishTom »
Facebook: Tom Brady (Plymouth)
Twitter: TomBradyLPPL

Dawnie

• Bronze Member
Re: IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT FOR BLACKPOOL UK TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2019, 06:57:56 AM »
What a bummer but happy to deal if needs be as long as I have a double chair
2014 Gold Medal Team Championship
individual 7th in team event
2016 Mix Max Gold Medal (yes a very not so thin brag!)
2018 WCOAP Mississippi straddle gold medal
2018 WCOAP 15/15 gold medal
2018 counties bronze medal
2019 gold  medal team championships
2019 WCOAP bronze medal bounty hunter

Longines

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2019, 09:33:59 AM »
To enable us to have as smooth a Main Event as possible, it would be HUGELY appreciated if a player from each of the Main Event starting tables were to come forward and offer to deal for the table

Happy to volunteer for table 4 Tom, I've dealt quite a bit in the past.

Cheers,
Grant

Fluence

• Silver Member
    • The Ramblings of a Poker Dinosaur
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2019, 10:31:41 AM »
Tom,

It won't help matters now of course but could you let us know how/why this has happened?

Normally they have agency dealers (lots of them) so local staffing problems don't really affect these types of event.
Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2019, 11:21:05 AM »
Tom,

It won't help matters now of course but could you let us know how/why this has happened?

Normally they have agency dealers (lots of them) so local staffing problems don't really affect these types of event.

Hi David,

Unfortunately this is down to a number of factors resulting in an inability to get dealers, whether from local staff or freelancers.  Both Grosvenor and ourselves have exhausted all avenues in trying get dealers in for the event, meaning we were left with only a couple of options and self dealt was by far the better of those.

Grosvenor are very aware this is an unprecedented move for an APAT event in 12 years of running the tour, hence the decision to return reg fees, include more added value and putting on a free buffet on both days.  Both the team at Blackpool and the APAT team are focused on delivering the best poker weekend we can under the circumstances.

Not been the greatest of starts to the week, but I'm still looking forward to meeting up with everyone at the weekend for what I'm sure will be another memorable APAT event.

Leigh

Sugar_Free

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2019, 13:42:57 PM »
I know I joked about it on FB but on reflection I think free drinks for the dealers should be the absolute minimum that Grosvenor should supply.
S4 G UK Team - LPM
S6 S UK Online, B Online Team Cup, Home Internationals - England "B", Irish Online
S7 G (& Bracelet) WCOAP Online
S8 G Scottish Online, B WCOAP Stud
S9 S WCOAP Team - England, B UK Team - LPM
S10 S Irish Online, England Captain - WCOAP
S13 B UK Team - APAT Degens

jockey

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2019, 19:37:57 PM »
So if its self dealt does that mean that Grosvenor don't even have one dealer? >:( >:( >:(
Yorkshire team member luton 2013 
UKCOAP GOLD MEDAL WINNER 2013                                                                    LBPN team member stoke 2014
LBPN team member Manchester 2014 LBPN team member 16/17.
PUNTERS LOUNGE TEAM GOLD MEDAL WINNERS 2018

paulrice99

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2019, 12:12:38 PM »
I know I joked about it on FB but on reflection I think free drinks for the dealers should be the absolute minimum that Grosvenor should supply.

I have sheen shum of them deal while shober.