Author Topic: APAT European Team Championship - Live Update - Day Two  (Read 71070 times)

SirPercival

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
Re: APAT European Team Championship - Live Update - Day Two
« Reply #135 on: November 03, 2008, 19:07:34 PM »
What a fantastic weekend!!!!

Des, it just keeps getting better and better, well done once again mate on an other huge success for APAT.

Caz, Ian and Leigh you all did a great job and much deserved thanks go to you all.

Congratulations to Len, Colin, Brendan, Jon and "All-in" Pat. You all have that great ability to not only take everyones chips but also make them smile as you do it.

Well done Gordon, Phil and Micky. You all did Scotland and APAT proud. Silver was a great result, particularly after our Day1 position. We also had a great fun and made some new friends along the way.
Mary - Sorry you couldn"t be with us, our thoughts were, and are, with you.

Well done also to all the other teams who participated. The APAT spirit was kept very much alive throughout and I for one haven"t experienced poker quite like it anywhere else.

Hopefully see you all next year.

SirPercival

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #136 on: November 03, 2008, 19:09:09 PM »
p.s. Des, how much do I have to pay you NOT to show the drunken Scottish interviews, singing, dancing etc....???

jacklevel06

• Platinum Member
« Reply #137 on: November 03, 2008, 19:28:42 PM »

p.s. Des, how much do I have to pay you NOT to show the drunken Scottish interviews, singing, dancing etc....???
Please tell me i was"nt dancing .
Mug punter on the horses since 1981

HaworthBantam

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #138 on: November 03, 2008, 20:23:21 PM »

It depends how you define "dancing", Micky   ;D

duke3016

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
    • ChezGer
« Reply #139 on: November 03, 2008, 20:24:19 PM »

APAT

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT Poker Association & Tour
« Reply #140 on: November 03, 2008, 21:04:05 PM »
I"m pulling together the video at the moment and if it gets past my wife; the censor, then it"ll highlight a lot of moves never seen at an APAT before.  ;D

lukybugur

• Platinum Member
« Reply #141 on: November 03, 2008, 21:09:22 PM »
Ref: Centre dance move above ^

I don"t think you"ll have had MickyP dancing in a "celtic huddle"  :-\

SirPercival

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #142 on: November 03, 2008, 21:20:44 PM »

Ref: Centre dance move above ^

I don"t think you"ll have had MickyP dancing in a "celtic huddle"  :-\

Want to take a prop bet on that Neil?

TheSnapper

• Platinum Member
« Reply #143 on: November 03, 2008, 21:23:44 PM »
Hi All

Just home after a storming weekend of typical APAT fare, some top class competitive poker, craic and camaraderie that you just couldn"t buy any place.

A big thank you to Des, Caz and Ian for another fantastically well run event. Though highly competitive, It was such a fun event to participate in.

To everyone involved in whatever role, it was both an honour and a privilege to share your company this past weekend.

Thanks and hope to see you all soon

Brendan
"Being wrong is erroneously associated with failure, when, in fact, to be proven wrong should be celebrated, for it elevates someone to a new level of understanding."

APAT

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT Poker Association & Tour
« Reply #144 on: November 03, 2008, 21:41:12 PM »
The pictures and tournament report have been publised and the links can be found via the lead article on the home page:  www.apat.com.

Fatboydim

« Reply #145 on: November 03, 2008, 22:10:53 PM »
And it didn"t finish there as Pat and I bumped into Micky P at the Airport, we hung around at the entrance to the pub and sure enough we found him.

Then on the plane Pat and I got entertained by a 40 yr old lesbian who"s partner was looking for men to shag so she could have a baby. I am not making this up!

Des - A great weekend. Congrats to all concerned - Caz, Ian , Leigh - staff at the Grovesnor All the team Captains, all the teams - especially the Scots - and all my players Pat, Brendan, Colin and John.  Thank you to everyone who supported the Irish team. To Paddy Power Poker for sponsoring our flights and accommodation. To Blue Sq for supporting APAT. And to all the forum members supporting the event and APAT.

I will have an article up on my blog and a separate one on the Paddy Power site. CaedPlayer Europe will also be giving us a mention.

Well done to everyone.

Now where"s the bar?

coprey

• Gold Member
  • SkinEm
« Reply #146 on: November 03, 2008, 22:32:39 PM »
Thanks to everyone who made this event so enjoyable. I meet the Hungarian team on the train to Gatwick and they still had smiles on their faces. They hope to play future APAT events. Please let me explain why there were only 3 Irish players at the final table. MickyP had me laughing so hard I couldn"t see my cards for the tears in my eyes. ;D

kizzixx

« Reply #147 on: November 04, 2008, 01:10:34 AM »
"Phil Starrs" The stang o the trump

MAIR

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #148 on: November 04, 2008, 04:49:49 AM »
Congratulations to Ireland on taking 1st place vvwd indeed!

Woot get in Scotland on taking 2nd, darn proud of u guys!!

Sorry I wasnt able to play, my 7yr old son, who is a haemophiliac, fell a beauty on Friday afternoon and hurt himself badly which resulted in a mad dash to hospital, an overnight stay and now treatment all week to stop the internal bleed in his knee joint.  Gutted I couldnt play, sorry I let you guys down, but im sure you understand.

Thanks Stuart n all for the warm messages of support :)

Once again, looked a blast and well done all.
Mary Kivlin

BigAnorak

« Reply #149 on: November 04, 2008, 10:37:58 AM »
I would like to add my congratulations to the Irish, Scottish, and German Teams for their great performance over the weekend.

For me, the real winner was the APAT spirit, it was a privilege to participate in an event that was so well organised and where everyone was there to play good poker in such a good-natured manner.

As I said in my interview with Des, everytime I play in a live tournament I learn something new about the game. Some of the interesting things I learned over the weekend were:

It takes more than 6 pints of Lager and 6 shots of Tequila to nobble a Scotsman before a heads- up match (well done Gordon - I was well impressed with your blind blind calling)

I am not on the Hungarian team"s Christmas card list after my lucky hand, J7s turned into a straight, and allowed me to go on to win my first match.

I am not on the French Team"s Christmas card list as I beat them in the heads-up and knocked out their players twice, to prevent them getting the points to take them into the medals (Thanks for a great head-up game Franck).

The APAT spirit was strong enough for my teammates to forgive me for the terrible, terrible call I made with A9s

If Des really does show an un-edited version of the last 5 hands of the tournament, no-one will ever look 7-2 offsuit the same way ever again!

I look forward to seeing Wales" next video extravaganza!

Great Dealers, Great Food (Loved the profiteroles), Great Time.

Thank you APAT
It's only a Game

I could list my APAT achievements here, but I am too modest,and there isn't enough space