Author Topic: NFL Superbowl Preview Thread!  (Read 2537 times)

Fatcatstu

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
NFL Superbowl Preview Thread!
« on: January 27, 2020, 17:31:09 PM »
So! The poker has finished, the team champions have been crowned and you are looking to have a few beers. Why not watch the biggest sporting event going while you do?

I know, I know, it takes too long, they wear big girly pads, the rules are too complicated!

Give it a chance, the game will probably be on about 3 hours give or take. If you are going to pick one game to give NFL a go, this is a great one to do it!

This year the Kansas City Chiefs and San Francisco 49ers battle it out to be NFL Champions.

The Chiefs have the most exciting offence in the NFL, led by their 2nd year Quarterback, Patrick Mahomes. He is a gunslinger who likes to air the ball out deep and often, utilising the raw speed of his Wide Receiver Tyreek Hill and the sheer size and physical presence of his Tight End Travis Kelce to move the ball down the field.

They definitely adopt the mantra of "we will just score more than you", coming from a 21 point deficit in their first playoff game against Houston to score over 50 points on their way to victory!

The 49ers were superb all season, with their Defence smothering all in front of them, particularly in the playoffs, allowing Jimmy Garropolo to move the ball down the field, utilising a handy run game and the Monster George Kittle at tight end, they swept practically all before them in the regular season and carried that on to the playoffs.

They will be looking for that defence to shackle Mahomes, which is no easy task, while their offence will want to keep moving the chains and more importantly keep Mahomes off the pitch for as long as possible!

So, you are watching the game, why not have a few bets?!
Kansas carry a handicap of -1.5 points in the betting going into this game, which is a line i like. They have found ways of winning tough games this season, and while the 49ers defence is very good, I feel like Mahomes just has too many weapons at his disposal to damage them with. I expect the Chiefs run out winners by more than 5 points.

Patrick Mahomes is 11/10 to be Superbowl Most Valuable player. If the Chiefs DO win it, he is practically stuck on to win the MVP award as the whole offence ticks through him.

Raheem Mostert, Running Back for the 49ers has played an increasingly large role in their offence in the latter part of the season. He will feature heavily in the run based offence, as the 49ers look to eat up time on the pitch and keep Mahomes on the bench.
I like him to get over 81.5 combined rushing and receiving yards in the game!

So, hopefully this has given you a little taster of the Superbowl, if you have any questions at all, please feel free to ask, and I will do my best to answer.

Go on, give it a go, whats the worst that can happen?!
England C Captain 2012
World Team Champions England 2013

BOINGBLITZ

• Regional Captain
  • Platinum Member
Re: NFL Superbowl Preview Thread!
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2020, 21:51:24 PM »
Absolutely love Mahomes....believe he can become one of the greatest QB's of All-Time........but he is injury prone.
The 49ers Defense have been awesome all season though and I believe that they will find a way to slow the Chiefs enough to allow them to win the game.
They controlled the Championship game Offensively on the ground and if they can do the same on Sunday, then that will limit Mahomes options and allow the brilliant Nick Bosa to tee off on the Chiefs QB.
Also, the fitness of Chris Jones at the centre of the KC Defense looks set to hurt them. If he can only play on third down again, then that just makes me more certain of a sixth 49ers Super Bowl.
I want a Chiefs win.....but I take the 49ers to do it by 27-21.
LATVIAN O/L CHAMPION 2008.
WELSH O/L CHAMPION 2009
IRISH AMATEUR CHAMPION 2009, in memory of Bill Young
WELSH O/L PLO CHAMPION 2013
Bronze medalist 2009 & Captain 2010 ENGLAND team.
CAPTAIN 4-TIME O/L CHAMPS WALSALL / WEST MIDLANDS.
No.1 ranked Online 2009.
R-up Sth Euro O/L PLO 2010
3rd Pu

Fatcatstu

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2020, 11:19:26 AM »
Absolutely love Mahomes....believe he can become one of the greatest QB's of All-Time........but he is injury prone.
The 49ers Defense have been awesome all season though and I believe that they will find a way to slow the Chiefs enough to allow them to win the game.
They controlled the Championship game Offensively on the ground and if they can do the same on Sunday, then that will limit Mahomes options and allow the brilliant Nick Bosa to tee off on the Chiefs QB.
Also, the fitness of Chris Jones at the centre of the KC Defense looks set to hurt them. If he can only play on third down again, then that just makes me more certain of a sixth 49ers Super Bowl.
I want a Chiefs win.....but I take the 49ers to do it by 27-21.

Yep agree they will look to run the ball a LOT which is why i like the Mostert overs bet!

Mahomes just seems to be a place where he is finding a way to win, and that offence is so high powered. I think Kelce will see a lot of work too as they are going to try to shut down Hill. We shall see, but i cant wait for it!
England C Captain 2012
World Team Champions England 2013

Pearsen

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2020, 12:56:33 PM »
Do you think anything will change on this front when the competitions resume?