Author Topic: Airline group travel questions  (Read 232 times)

Xuarantui

Airline group travel questions
« on: February 29, 2024, 16:10:11 PM »
Im starting to look into travel options for the team next year. When doing group bookings with the airlines (I've been meaning to reach out to southwest specifically for info), how are the airlines with working around so much uncertainty in what we do?

Specifically im curious about:

Do airlines offer group refundable tickets (we won't know if we've officially qualified until 2 weeks prior to Champs), even if its at a higher price…
    Do we need to know the names of every person needing a ticket the day we call the airline to book tickets?
    If we call and book for 30 people (totaly random number for now), and closer to the time realize only 25 people are able to make the trip, are we still commited to 30 tickets? (This kinda overlaps with the refundable question…)

Attempting to plan a trip several months out that we won't actually know if we're going on until 2 weeks prior, and ensuring we can provide accurate quotes to parents is an extremely challenging process. A similar situation to our DCMP planning this past year, but now we're throwing air travel into the mix too

DerekVendel

Re: Airline group travel questions
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2024, 00:27:08 AM »
For southwest, I believe they are not refundable and I don't think you can reduce the number of tickets. You can change names up to 72 hours before the trip.

RhaegarShelby

Re: Airline group travel questions
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2024, 03:12:59 AM »
When it comes to dealing with uncertainties, it's worth reaching out to Southwest to inquire about their policies regarding refundable tickets for group bookings. This could provide you with the flexibility you need, even if it means paying a slightly higher price.
Navigating this process can be daunting, but it's all part of the adventure! And if you're looking for added comfort and convenience for your team, consider exploring options for cheap business class tickets. They often have great deals that could enhance your travel experience without breaking the bank.