Author Topic: poker music  (Read 17494 times)

noble1

• Platinum Member
poker music
« on: November 09, 2008, 09:30:38 AM »
« Last Edit: November 09, 2008, 09:42:45 AM by noble1 »

Laxie

• Platinum Member
Re: poker music
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2008, 09:39:08 AM »
Great picks!  I can"t listen to music while playing as the computer is in the family room.  Ipod would be no good either as I"d probably still sing along and dance away in my chair.  Already get into enough trouble yelling "SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIP" and "UGHHHH...BAD BEAT" at the end of hands...even other people"s hands.  Our 11 year old daughter has been recently heard using the same lines when playing with her friends.  lol

noble1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2008, 09:48:19 AM »

Great picks!  I can"t listen to music while playing as the computer is in the family room.  Ipod would be no good either as I"d probably still sing along and dance away in my chair.  Already get into enough trouble yelling "SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIP" and "UGHHHH...BAD BEAT" at the end of hands...even other people"s hands.  Our 11 year old daughter has been recently heard using the same lines when playing with her friends.  lol

when we have a poker night round my best mates, his wife has banned us from using the word donkey as there 2 year old son screams it at everyone as they arrive for the nights play.Amazing how quick they pick language up  lmao   :o :o

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2008, 10:26:28 AM »
Jem"s Finally Woken is usually on repeat on my iPod when playing live - don"t ask why... just happened to have it on one night when won a live tourney, and now it"s become a bit of a superstition.

At home tend to keep to soft rock or old swing music - if I stay mellow I tend to play a little tighter and with more thought. My usual music preferences just don"t seem to suit my poker, and if listening to the likes of Iron Maiden or ACDC, I get the urge to play far to aggressively and bomb out of tourney"s early, or donk away my cash stack.

Funny how music can have such an influence on your mood!

jacklevel06

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2008, 10:33:41 AM »

Jem"s Finally Woken is usually on repeat on my iPod when playing live - don"t ask why... just happened to have it on one night when won a live tourney, and now it"s become a bit of a superstition.

At home tend to keep to soft rock or old swing music - if I stay mellow I tend to play a little tighter and with more thought. My usual music preferences just don"t seem to suit my poker, and if listening to the likes of Iron Maiden or ACDC, I get the urge to play far to aggressively and bomb out of tourney"s early, or donk away my cash stack.

Funny how music can have such an influence on your mood!

Same with me when linkin park or the artic monkeys come on i feel need to play a hand.
Mug punter on the horses since 1981

lukybugur

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2008, 13:54:59 PM »
I just have background music on when working and playing online poker, usually the free live streaming of SoloPianoRadio.

Other music distracts me and affects my mood too much. If it"s an angry song, I play aggressively etc. so this piano / chilling music (turned down low) keeps me calm and patient. Each to their own I suppose.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2008, 13:57:23 PM by lukybugur »

monkeyman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2008, 14:31:43 PM »
I tend to listen to my MP3 player immediately before a live tournament and "Top of the World" by The Wildhearts is the track I tend to turn to. I"ve not got any strict rules about what I play to myself at home, although I tend not to listen to Slipknott as that puts in completely the wrong frame of mind. My regular online tourney albums are "Out of the Blue" by ELO, The Best of The Specials, "We"re Outta here" by The Ramones, "Everything is Wrong" by Moby, "Diesel and Dust" by Midninght Oil, "Ashes to Dust" by William Elliot Whitmore and "Once" by Nightwish.  
Currently tearing the Ipoker anonymous tables a new one

Waz1892

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2008, 16:13:20 PM »
have just started listening  to "listen again" pete tong and judge jules.on radio 1." ..to good results too...am goin playing live in a couple of weeks in northants..and will be ipod-ing with it on defo...
Carpe Diem
Member of East of England Poker Club
Team member APAT forum 2013

noble1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2008, 18:59:39 PM »
not bad , got a piano in it  ;D

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGPUuPHdHQg[/youtube]
[youtube=425,350][/youtube]

rubertoe

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2008, 19:06:14 PM »
Timbaland"s Shock Value is a great Poker Album -

Although i like to listen to UK Hip Hop and drum and Bass whilst playing Live, Also the very best of MTV Unplugged - great mellow album that helps me to relax!

And at home, playing online, 10,000 Songs from classic to Hard House - shuffle up and let it roll!
Lifes tough, its even tougher when your stupid

North London Poker Club

oneill1970

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2008, 22:14:15 PM »
Ahem, might I suggest my own band?  Google "JEBO" - I"m sure we have a song on our debut album for every poker occasion!  Also on iTunes and Amazon etc etc... ;)
Shallow men believe in luck. Strong men believe in cause and effect. - Ralph Waldo Emerson.

A_Stupid_Man

« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2008, 15:53:26 PM »
I listen to pretty much anything while I am playing but after having a quick look at my most played songs the top 27 are all Bruce Springsteen songs. I may have a slight addiction.

lukybugur

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2008, 17:19:54 PM »

I listen to pretty much anything while I am playing but after having a quick look at my most played songs the top 27 are all Bruce Springsteen songs. I may have a slight addiction.

You"re in good company on here! I"m a fan too. Des is a HUGE fan!

APAT

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT Poker Association & Tour
« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2008, 20:13:17 PM »

You"re in good company on here! I"m a fan too. Des is a HUGE fan!

Not to be viewed if of nervous disposition.... ;)

duke3016

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
    • ChezGer
« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2008, 20:26:50 PM »
Don"t spoil my day - clover leaf
Fool - Elvis presley
Forca - Nelly Furtado (think about it)
Fortunate - Creedence Clearwater Revival
Freak like me - Sugababes
F**k It - Eamon