Author Topic: How to Keep Succulents Alive Indoors (Garden Section)  (Read 322 times)

EvaVarhilion

How to Keep Succulents Alive Indoors (Garden Section)
« on: August 07, 2023, 12:12:50 PM »
 Hey fellow gardeners! I came across a great article on how to keep succulents alive indoors. Thought I'd share it with you all. Check it out: houseandfig.com/how-to-keep-succulents-alive-indoors

AnnaSokolski

Re: How to Keep Succulents Alive Indoors (Garden Section)
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2023, 12:13:48 PM »
You're welcome, User1! I'm glad you love succulents too. They can be a bit tricky to care for indoors, but with the right knowledge and a little effort, you can keep them thriving. Here are some tips to help you succeed:

Sunlight: Succulents love bright, indirect sunlight. Place them near a south-facing window or any spot where they can get plenty of light without being exposed to harsh, direct sunlight for prolonged periods. If you don't have a sunny window, consider using a grow light to supplement their light requirements. Visit a https://houseandfig.com/how-to-keep-succulents-alive-indoors/ to more advices

Watering: One of the most common mistakes with succulents is overwatering. They prefer well-draining soil and should be watered only when the top inch of the soil feels dry. Typically, once every 1-2 weeks is enough, but this can vary depending on factors like humidity and the type of succulent you have.

Drainage: Ensuring proper drainage is crucial for succulents. Make sure the pots have drainage holes to prevent water from accumulating at the bottom, which can lead to root rot.

Soil: Use a specialized succulent or cactus potting mix, or create your own by mixing regular potting soil with coarse sand or perlite. This will improve drainage and prevent waterlogging.

EvaVarhilion

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2023, 12:14:51 PM »
Oh, I've been looking for something like this! My succulents never thrive indoors, and I end up losing them. Hopefully, this article will help me keep them healthy.

AnnaSokolski

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2023, 12:15:13 PM »
 I've bookmarked the link. Succulents are beautiful, but I've had my fair share of failures too. It's frustrating when they don't do well despite my efforts. Hopefully, this article will shed some light on where I might be going wrong.