Author Topic: Reduce brightness below 1 e-book reader  (Read 219 times)

Xuarantui

Reduce brightness below 1 e-book reader
« on: February 08, 2024, 10:55:29 AM »
I own a Kobo Clara Hd e-book reader, at night the lowest brightness is still way to high.

I want to dissamble the reader and the display and put something infront the led lights or above the enlighted glass in the display stack.

Do anyone have an idea what material i could put into the stack/above the leds which could safely work ?
Or do anyone know if there is a way to reduce brightness by changing some hardware parts easily ?

p.s. i have taken apart more often lcd tn displays but never an eink one.

DerekVendel

Re: Reduce brightness below 1 e-book reader
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2024, 17:28:11 PM »
If you could search for some 35% neutral gray mylar, it could be cut to fit the screen and it will self stick, while remaining removable.

RhaegarShelby

Re: Reduce brightness below 1 e-book reader
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2024, 17:54:53 PM »
Adjusting the brightness on your Kobo Clara HD e-book reader is a thoughtful idea for comfortable nighttime reading. However, disassembling the device can be tricky, especially if you're not familiar with e-ink displays.
Before attempting any modifications, I'd recommend reaching out to Kobo's customer support or checking their official forums for advice. They may have software updates or settings adjustments that can help you achieve your desired low-light reading experience without the need for hardware changes.
And if you ever want a break from tinkering and are looking for some book recommendations, you can explore A Guide to Reading the Bridgerton Books for some delightful historical romance options.