Author Topic: My motorcycle accident this weekend  (Read 111 times)

Xuarantui

My motorcycle accident this weekend
« on: March 22, 2024, 15:45:44 PM »
Background: I was leaving work on Friday in a BMW Z4 and couldn't get around some piece of metal on the road. Two burst tires, one bent wheel, which Discount Tire tried to get from the manufacturer.

A friend from work invited me to a restaurant on Sunday to celebrate his promotion, and I had no choice but to ride Templar X. The day was cloudy and there was a light breeze, so I enjoyed the trip! Since I have poor navigation abilities, I stopped several times to double-check myself.

If only I had more confidence in myself, because the last stop I made was very close to my destination. I pulled into an empty parking lot to check the GPS, then prepared to leave the parking lot. Either I overdid the gas a little bit, or I was on the paint, but the rear wheel slipped so fast that I didn't have time to do anything except fall right there in the parking lot. Right on the left hip. The guy from the ambulance rolled a gurney right into my leg.

On Monday morning, I had surgery for a fractured hip, and a titanium implant was installed. Today I was finally able to get out of my hospital bed, but it was a harrowing experience, and I have never experienced such severe pain in my life- and such constant pain.

The first night in this hospital, I lay on my side in the fetal position and remained in this position until the operation. On the morning of the operation, a nurse comes in and pulls the blanket off my left leg. My screams woke up my girlfriend, who already had to listen to my torment almost all night. Oh, and they don't allow you to eat or drink the day before surgery, so after my more than 50-minute trip in over 100-degree weather to the restaurant I was saving my appetite for, I had to stay absolutely hungry and dehydrated.

Waking up in pain over and over again, begging for some kind of relief... It was a real pleasure to exist. Put on a loincloth, get the GPS talking in your ear, whatever lesson you want to learn from me to avoid getting into this situation. I can't wait to see all these medical debts that we lucky Americans will never be able to avoid!

DerekVendel

Re: My motorcycle accident this weekend
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2024, 16:53:40 PM »
These things can happen. It's hard to analyze what makes the pavement slippery sometimes. You may never know.

RhaegarShelby

Re: My motorcycle accident this weekend
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2024, 16:58:56 PM »
That sounds like quite a series of unfortunate events, from the popped tires on your BMW Z4 to the unexpected spill on your Templar X. It's never easy dealing with setbacks like these, especially when you're just trying to enjoy some time out.If you're feeling overwhelmed or unsure about how to proceed, consider reaching out to a motorcycle accident lawyer at stoneroselaw.com for assistance. They have the expertise to help navigate through the legal and insurance aspects of the situation, giving you peace of mind during what can be a stressful time.