Author Topic: Your Thoughts please..  (Read 8536 times)

noble1

• Platinum Member
Re: Your Thoughts please..
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2008, 04:46:54 AM »
Posted by: Swinebag22 Yesterday at 12:16:59 am
Posted by: Swinebag22  So once you call you have 4600 behind

I have 7k...villian has 16.6k.  folded to him in mid pos.

he bets 2400
i call for another 1600 in BB

7000 - 1600 Work in Salford as a maths teacher???  sorry i could not resist it lol  ;D

CrizzyConnor

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2008, 05:44:18 AM »
Like has already been said before, there are two possible courses of action here:
1) Re-raise all in pre-flop
2) Stop & Go

Both are fine. If you re-raise all in pre you"re more than likely getting a call from him anyway so outcome would"ve been the same. However you chose to flat call his raise leaving you 4600 behind... The flop that hit is in my opinion a great flop for you, definitely about the best you could have hoped for with only one overcard and a gutshot. No matter what had hit though you should be pushing all in, taking away his positional advantage and putting him to a decision.

The 2000 bet isn"t even half pot, achieves nothing and never will. I know it sounds stupid and would be ridiculous to leave yourself with only 3BBs behind but a lot of weak players at $5 level ARE willing to put out that 2k as a feeler bet and fold to a raise. The bet looks either REALLY weak or REALLY strong - the guy obviously took it as weakness and even if he was wrong he still had two overcards.

The 2,000 bet was the main mistake in the hand. You were committed anyway so why leave anything behind and give up an opportunity to take down a pot without showdown? If you put it all in and he calls then I think you can question his call but not with the way the hand was played.

Dont think the AK guy did anything too bad to be honest.

agree with all u say ..TY..only "arguement"..he knows he has to catch...no?....im tellin him i have at least pair..with the fact im basically commited.??

At $5 level online I don"t think you"re telling him anything at all with the 2k bet, except "take a shot please"... IMO the 2k bet looks weak to him, if he"s wrong he has 2 overcards and if he misses he"s still got chips anyway. You"re fairly deep in the tourney but still 200-odd places away from the real money, there"s no money ladders to worry about yet and players are looking to build stacks to take them deep. He was looking to build a stack and didn"t really do anything wrong imo, he just pounced on what he saw as an opportunity to build chips ftw...
WCOAP 2009 Online Omaha Champion
WCOAP 2009 Online ME Final Tablist

CrizzyConnor

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2008, 05:44:47 AM »

he bets 2400

7000 - 1600 Work in Salford as a maths teacher???  sorry i could not resist it lol  ;D

What about the 800 BB he already has in?

Swinebag

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2008, 08:00:23 AM »

he bets 2400

What about the 800 BB he already has in?

Thanks Chris, I did assume (right or wrong) that the starting stack before posting blinds was 7K
« Last Edit: December 18, 2008, 08:04:02 AM by Swinebag22 »
Quote from: Chipaccrual
Rob, you are a genius.
Quote from: jacklevel06
You are a genius Rob  :D

Waz1892

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2008, 09:02:24 AM »

The 2,000 bet was the main mistake in the hand. You were committed anyway so why leave anything behind and give up an opportunity to take down a pot without showdown? If you put it all in and he calls then I think you can question his call but not with the way the hand was played.

crizzy thank-you for comments..and yes seems to be the main problem with the whoel situ.  And certainly something i need to improve in terms of a thought process

1) what was i thinking and aiming to do..(I had no real thought process as to why im betting what i did- hence the pickle i get myself into sometimes)
2) General game needs to be thought through as to what im trying to do when betting, calling raising, representing..etc, as i dont really at the moment.

TY ALL
Carpe Diem
Member of East of England Poker Club
Team member APAT forum 2013

Waz1892

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2008, 09:04:52 AM »

Not the way i"d play TT with 8.75bb left,but you know that now it was a shove or fold situation so enough said.
as played though AK re-raise is ok??? Mathematically to make it correct he has to think you have no pair or no piece of the flop what so ever.

noble, this was my intially though, as if i was in AK position, i dont think id be calling as i knew i have to hit, as i would defo put oppoent on a pair or hit board.
Carpe Diem

CrizzyConnor

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2008, 09:26:29 AM »

2) General game needs to be thought through as to what im trying to do when betting, calling raising, representing..etc, as i dont really at the moment.

Yeah defo, I think a lot of people feel rushed in online poker because of the fast nature of the game but you should defo try take a second to just question what you"re doing before you do it. It"s not always possible as those snap clicks of the mouse are so easy to make (and the reason I crash out of most tournies, lol)... Anyway good luck with future tournies and well done taking down some money in one of those crazy Poker Player freerolls!

noble1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: December 18, 2008, 11:26:12 AM »

he bets 2400

Crizzy the blinds 400/800 ""i have 7k"" gives the game away then he calls for 1600 more

expand (a+b)n

(a + b)n

(a     +     b)n

(a          +          b)n

(a               +               b)n                  ;D

Waz1892

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: December 18, 2008, 20:57:37 PM »

Yeah defo, I think a lot of people feel rushed in online poker because of the fast nature of the game but you should defo try take a second to just question what you"re doing before you do it. It"s not always possible as those snap clicks of the mouse are so easy to make (and the reason I crash out of most tournies, lol)... Anyway good luck with future tournies and well done taking down some money in one of those crazy Poker Player freerolls!

TY crizzy, i was quite chuffed!
Carpe Diem