Author Topic: Steveinhants  (Read 2809 times)

steveinhants

Steveinhants
« on: August 17, 2007, 16:53:57 PM »
1 - WHO ARE YOU?
Steve Lacey

2 - POST A PICTURE OF YOURSELF OR A LINK TO ONE (APAT OR OTHER)

3 - WHERE DO YOU COME FROM?
Gosport in Hampshire.

4 - TELL US ABOUT YOURSELF?
I"m 28, married to a very cool girl (one who, thankfully, doesn"t mind me playing poker - but won"t try it herself) and have a little boy and another bambino on the way.

5 - WHAT IS YOUR POKER BACKGROUND?
Started after watching Late Night Poker.  Now I"m hooked!!  

6 - WHAT IS YOUR PLAYING STYLE?
I"d like to think it"s tight aggressive......

7 - WHO IS YOUR FAVOURITE POKER PLAYER AND WHY?
Phil Laak or Daniel Negranau....

Negranau for his reads.....unbelievable ability and Laak for his modesty.

8 - WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE ONLINE POKER SITE AND WHAT IS YOUR POKER ID THERE?
Ladbrokes

9 - WHAT ARE YOUR POKER ACHIEVEMENTS?
Live -  I was  runner up in the APAT UK Championships
Won a few tournies at Southampton and a few at Reading and placed in a                   few more still.

Online - Came around the 200 mark in a Poker Million on my first attempt....blew it with JJ....DOH!!
Managed to reach the final of the Laddies LEOTOP 3 times....blew it once and had 2 bad beats on the other attempts, one delivered courtesy of Raj Modha (Poker Million IV winner)....but...
...recently got my revenge at the final table of the weekly Daddy - took Raj out in 3rd and I went on to win and scoop my biggest win yet!!
Had a few other wins here and there as well.

10 - WHAT DO YOU DISLIKE ABOUT LIVE POKER CURRENTLY, THAT YOU WOULD CHANGE?
Not much....I love it.

11 - HOW DID YOU HEAR ABOUT APAT?
I read about it in Poker Player.

12 -WHAT ARE YOUR THOUGHTS ABOUT APAT TOURNAMENTS, STANDARD OF PLAY AND STRUCTURE?
Love them.  Ideally, an hour clock would be great for me.  However, as Des and the team point out, the structure is designed to make us all play "creatively".  It"s a fantastic tournament.

13 - HAVE YOU PLAYED AT AN APAT LIVE EVENT AND IF SO, WHAT WAS MOST MEMORABLE ABOUT THE EXPERIENCE?
Newcastle, Cardiff and Dublin.
Newcastle blew me away - I wasn"t used to being watched or photographed etc.  It took me a little while to get used to it but I loved it.  Thanks to everyone who railed me that day.
Cardiff - just went card dead.
Dublin - Great fun, just ran out of chips - made 2 mistakes over the 2 days (but I"ll keep those to myself).

14 - WHAT ARE YOUR MAIN INTERESTS OUTSIDE OF POKER?
Family, fishing, photography.

15 - WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE BOOK OR FILM?
Book(s).....loads, Birdsong, Da Vinci Code - too many to list
Film(s)......Star Wars, Once Upon A Time In America, Shawshank Redemption, In Pursuit of Happiness...

16 - WHAT THREE MUSIC ALBUMS WOULD YOU TAKE TO A DESERT ISLAND WITH YOU?

17 - FINALLY, WHAT MESSAGE WOULD YOU LIKE TO LEAVE FOR YOUR FELLOW APAT MEMBERS?
I only bet when I have the nuts. Honest.  Good luck to you all.  Met some great people since joining - Adi (actually knew this shark before APAT), Lee, Jack and I could go on typing for a while yet....but I think there"s a tourny starting...
« Last Edit: August 18, 2007, 14:03:49 PM by steveinhants »