Author Topic: Stoke Poker Club - General Discussion  (Read 5670 times)

HaworthBantam

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
Stoke Poker Club - General Discussion
« on: December 28, 2008, 21:42:38 PM »

This thread is for general discussion relating to Stoke Poker Club and it"s players for the APAT National Online League.

HaworthBantam

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
Re: Stoke Poker Club - General Discussion
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2008, 21:43:27 PM »

Club Captain

Stoke Poker Club will be captained by Benet Houkes

Benet was part of the Raise The River Team that finished 2nd in Season 2"s Forum Challenge in Blackpool. Benet, is experienced in numerous poker variations having played every WCOAP event at the Vic, and is a dedicated supporter of APAT.

I"m sure his enthusiasm will be a boon to the Stoke Poker Club.

Many thanks,

Ian
« Last Edit: January 07, 2009, 16:21:02 PM by HaworthBantam »

HaworthBantam

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2009, 11:00:20 AM »

OK - the National League is almost upon us.  Round 1 is this Sunday, 8pm.

You can register on BlueSQ now, and you"ll need the following password:

leaguepl

(This will be the password for the rest of the season).

screenshot courtesy of kinboshi

Feel free to forward the password, but remember players must be signed up to a club before they play.  Club registration remains open for the whole of the season.

IF A NEW PLAYER HAS NOT REGISTERED FOR A CLUB ON THE FORUM, BY 8PM ON A MATCH DAY, THEY WILL NOT BE ELIGIBLE TO EARN POINTS FOR THEIR CLUB IN THAT WEEK. NO EXCEPTIONS WILL BE MADE.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2009, 09:57:16 AM by HaworthBantam »

biffa85

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2009, 18:15:27 PM »
Hi guys,  Can anyone who is intending to play from the Stoke team post on here, so that we can rail each other!

Anyone going to be at Walsaw next w/e also let me know, so we can meet.

;D
Still learn the science and practicing the art

GrowsOnTrees

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2009, 19:46:44 PM »
Good luck guys, I feel a 1, 2 3 coming up  ;D

biffa85

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2009, 20:22:23 PM »
Let"s hope.  We can be the little team that could!

;D
Still learn the science and practicing the art

puzzeller

« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2009, 23:24:35 PM »
You know its been over 7 months since someone last posted on this forum page? BTW Who"s deck is being used for the smileys on the message create screen, might wanna have a word, they seem to have five aces in it -  ;D

puzzeller

« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2009, 03:11:12 AM »
Well, Monday night was a bit of a let down, I"d been told by the manager at the Hungry Horse in Meir Park that they were starting up their poker nights again this Monday.

So Biffa and I trot down there only to be met with what I can only really describe as a decisive and flambouyant lack of botherdness on behalf of the man behind the bar.

After requesting that the neanderthal perhaps enlist the assistance of someone who might actually have a pulse and find out for me whether or not the event was actually taking place, we were left standing for approximately twenty minutes before he returned and with much muffledness and a distinct "I-get-payed-to-pull-pints-not-answer-questions-from-punters" look were told in no uncertain terms that some guy who used to play poker there thinks that the event might not possibly be going ahead tonight !!

And to add insult to injury a round of drinks consisting of a bitter shandy and a pint of water came to £3.65 and the second round consisting of only a bitter shandy came to £2.65.

Needless to say that the discovery of the water price, being more pricey by volume than the fuel being sold at the garage across the road, did remarkably well to distract us from our lack of cardular entertainment.

Will try again next week and let you know of my endeavours.