Author Topic: Withdrawal Charges  (Read 16973 times)

Santino67

• Platinum Member
  • Fat Charlie Sheen - @GrantSpeirs
    • Bebo & Facebook
Withdrawal Charges
« on: January 04, 2009, 17:27:45 PM »
Hi Des

Tried to register on the Blue Square site and entered 2 bank card details. A Visa Debit and a Visa Electron. On both occasions it states that if I make a withdrawal from my Blue Square account I"ll be hit with a £15 charge.

Any idea why this is the case? Has anyone else had this problem and how can it be sorted?

Cheers
Grant
APAT Scottish Amateur Champion 2011 :~)
APAT Online North America PLO Champion 2011
Chipaccrual's Big APAT Christmas End Of Year Quiz Champion 2011
2012 Scottish Captain @ ECOAP
APAT Online Irish PLO Champion 2013
APAT Online Scottish Champion 2017

APAT

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT Poker Association & Tour
Re: Withdrawal Charges
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2009, 18:25:09 PM »

Hi Des

Tried to register on the Blue Square site and entered 2 bank card details. A Visa Debit and a Visa Electron. On both occasions it states that if I make a withdrawal from my Blue Square account I"ll be hit with a £15 charge.

Any idea why this is the case? Has anyone else had this problem and how can it be sorted?

Cheers
Grant

Never heard of that Grant, but I will forward to the Blue Square team to clarify what the situation is.

Santino67

• Platinum Member
    • Bebo & Facebook
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2009, 01:49:19 AM »
Cheers Des, I appreciate it.

nosey-p

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2009, 12:10:56 PM »
The way to get around it is to transfer your $ from your poker account into the sports book in £ then request a cheque from your sports account.

Hope this helps, but I would wait to see what Des comes up with

smileriraq

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2009, 15:05:52 PM »
£15 isnt steep its effing vertical

Roscopiko

• Gold Member
  • APAT Newcastle Team Captain
    • Tilt Tilt Tilt Reload Tilt Tilt
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2009, 15:12:59 PM »
Why would you ever need to withdraw from a poker site  ??? ???

Cyntaf

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2009, 16:52:18 PM »
Hey Grant how u doin?

Could you get $10 out for me too, seeing as i couldn"t play the freezeout for UK online, having registered. Make that $11. ???
Team Cymru Captain Apat World Team champions 2010 + 2011

hollaboo

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2009, 20:15:33 PM »
think nosey is right i"ve never been charged withdrawing from my sports betting account with blsq

TopPair2Pair

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2009, 22:50:39 PM »
****TOP SECRET**** I"ve just heard this from the friend of a mate of a girl who was dating the dude who looks like a shark on the bluesquare homepage who overheard a conversation between the bluesquare mascot and the admin guy man stating that Bluesquare are having connection problems logging into their email at the moment, and subsequently cannot respond to Des dudes 15 emails (1 for every £1 of the charge) regarding this and furthermore wont be able to comment until after you"ve withdrawn some money!!
Toppietwo - "Just like it says on the tin"

Santino67

• Platinum Member
    • Bebo & Facebook
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2009, 11:24:41 AM »

****TOP SECRET**** I"ve just heard this from the friend of a mate of a girl who was dating the dude who looks like a shark on the bluesquare homepage who overheard a conversation between the bluesquare mascot and the admin guy man stating that Bluesquare are having connection problems logging into their email at the moment, and subsequently cannot respond to Des dudes 15 emails (1 for every £1 of the charge) regarding this and furthermore wont be able to comment until after you"ve withdrawn some money!!

:D :D :D

UkPlayer

« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2009, 01:47:19 AM »
Now I know there is a £15 withdrawal charge, I don"t think I would put any cash in the Blue Square site now.
I was with Ultimatebet and I withdraw $1000 and had to pay $50 and the exchange rate was bad.

I had a good look at Blue Square web site and even E-mail them if there was a charge and was told there was not any charge.
Wish I kept the E-Mail now.

tumblet

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2009, 02:08:47 AM »

Now I know there is a £15 withdrawal charge, I don"t think I would put any cash in the Blue Square site now.
I was with Ultimatebet and I withdraw $1000 and had to pay $50 and the exchange rate was bad.

I had a good look at Blue Square web site and even E-mail them if there was a charge and was told there was not any charge.
Wish I kept the E-Mail now.

I have just tried to withdraw using visa debit and there is no charge....

Hillster

« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2009, 14:19:22 PM »
Hi guys,

Blue Square will only charge you for withdrawals with certain types of card. Generally, there is no charge. I can only assume that the type of card you have registered is a pre-pay card? As a result, there is no facility on the card for us to pay funds back onto it, so the only way we can return funds to you is by processing a manual bank wire. As a result, the bank charges us for the service and so we pass the charge on to you (sorry).

Other payment methods which will run into problems like this are some types of Mastercard and UKASH. If you have no other payment methods, then I guess you have no choice, but if you can avoid using these, do!

UkPlayer

« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2009, 23:22:27 PM »
Thanks for the replys.
I have a visa debit card.   ;D

Santino67

• Platinum Member
    • Bebo & Facebook
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2009, 09:39:58 AM »

Hi guys,

Blue Square will only charge you for withdrawals with certain types of card. Generally, there is no charge. I can only assume that the type of card you have registered is a pre-pay card? As a result, there is no facility on the card for us to pay funds back onto it, so the only way we can return funds to you is by processing a manual bank wire. As a result, the bank charges us for the service and so we pass the charge on to you (sorry).

Other payment methods which will run into problems like this are some types of Mastercard and UKASH. If you have no other payment methods, then I guess you have no choice, but if you can avoid using these, do!

Hi again

Neither of my cards are pre-pay, both are current accounts that my 2 salaries go into monthly. Doesn"t make sense that this will incur charges as I already use one on Betfair Poker & William Hill and have made withdrawals from there without any problems or charges. This is very frustrating as BSq are sponsoring APAT events and I"m missing out on the tournaments and qualifying events.