Author Topic: walsall sat  (Read 18830 times)

mattblue

• Silver Member
walsall sat
« on: January 14, 2009, 14:56:11 PM »
can i play tonight sat and if win seat use it for other one or give it to my missus if she dont win one by tonight  ???

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
Re: walsall sat
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2009, 15:01:48 PM »

can i play tonight sat and if win seat use it for other one or give it to my missus if she dont win one by tonight  ???

If you have already qualified for Walsall, then you cannot win another seat or clickfest in.

This is done so to give everyone a fair chance at gaining a seat.

Leigh

mattblue

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2009, 15:06:02 PM »
so i cant use it for another live tourny or give it my missus

Jon MW

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2009, 15:09:05 PM »

If you have already qualified for Walsall, then you cannot win another seat or clickfest in.

This is done so to give everyone a fair chance at gaining a seat.

Leigh

What would happen if somebody who already had a seat did enter the sat and "won", or went through the clickfest and bought another one?

Would they just be manually removed from getting a seat and either the money put on their account (for the sat) or the money not charged (for the clickfest) ?

I ask because it has been stated elsewhere that you can register for other people in the clickfest.

Is the key that it has to be under their name?

So the clickfest you can do - but you"d have to have the other persons name down as who the seat is for. But the satellite you couldn"t do because thats obv going to be in your name.

???
Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - Razz 2007 Champion
2007 WSOP Razz 13/341

kinboshi

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2009, 15:16:11 PM »
The clickfest you can buy in for anyone - you just enter their name and then your payment details (or theirs if they"ve given them to you).  That"s absolutely fine.

Playing in a satellite for someone else isn"t fair.  the whole point of qualifying is to qualify for the tournament you"re going to play in.  If someone wants to play and doesn"t want to satellite in, then they have to buy-in like everyone else.
"Running hurts up to a point and then it doesn't get any worse."  Ann Trason

Jon MW

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2009, 15:23:36 PM »

The clickfest you can buy in for anyone - you just enter their name and then your payment details (or theirs if they"ve given them to you).  That"s absolutely fine.

Playing in a satellite for someone else isn"t fair.  the whole point of qualifying is to qualify for the tournament you"re going to play in.  If someone wants to play and doesn"t want to satellite in, then they have to buy-in like everyone else.

This is basically my point of view, but it was the question of how this is avoided that interested me.

i.e. What happens if somebody who already has a seat wins a satellite?
Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - Razz 2007 Champion
2007 WSOP Razz 13/341

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2009, 15:26:29 PM »

This is basically my point of view, but it was the question of how this is avoided that interested me.

That would only really happen if they had already won a satellite.  If this were to happen then they would have to receive the cash into their Blue Sq account, but that would also mean that someone else has missed out on a seat and that really goes against what APAT is all about, so I would hope no players would enter a satellite after they have already qualified.  Seems a bit pointless to me.

mattblue

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2009, 15:27:52 PM »
lol so i cant use for another apat game like gptuk?

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2009, 15:29:15 PM »

lol so i cant use for another apat game like gptuk?

Definitely not.   ;D

mattblue

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2009, 15:40:05 PM »
ok thanks for help but cant see why not ?

kinboshi

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2009, 15:40:50 PM »

ok thanks for help but cant see why not ?

To make it an equal playing field for each event.  
"Running hurts up to a point and then it doesn't get any worse."  Ann Trason

Swinebag

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2009, 20:39:02 PM »
noticed you regged anyway matt..

please dont KO me
Quote from: Chipaccrual
Rob, you are a genius.
Quote from: jacklevel06
You are a genius Rob  :D

WarBwastardo

• Gold Member
  • I don't have to show you any stinkin' badges
    • La boca de la cueva
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2009, 20:56:13 PM »
Just out of curiosity what does happen if Matt wins another seat tonight?  Does he just get the cash equivalent and the seat be added to the click-fest allocation?

APAT

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT Poker Association & Tour
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2009, 21:10:32 PM »

That would only really happen if they had already won a satellite.  If this were to happen then they would have to receive the cash into their Blue Sq account, but that would also mean that someone else has missed out on a seat and that really goes against what APAT is all about, so I would hope no players would enter a satellite after they have already qualified.  Seems a bit pointless to me.

What Leigh said.  Future MD in my opinion...  ;)

Roscopiko

• Gold Member
  • APAT Newcastle Team Captain
    • Tilt Tilt Tilt Reload Tilt Tilt
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2009, 21:29:06 PM »

Just out of curiosity what does happen if Matt wins another seat tonight?  Does he just get the cash equivalent and the seat be added to the click-fest allocation?

I would imagine there would be a forming of an angry mob composed of Des, Leigh and Ian and any others as required.  They would then run Matt out of town with torches and pitchforks.  And rightly so.