Author Topic: walsall sat  (Read 18828 times)

George2Loose

• Platinum Member
Re: walsall sat
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2009, 22:14:26 PM »
I think if u win a seat you shouldnt be allowed to play another satty.

A lot of people can afford to play walsall but use the satty as a tool of avoiding the clickfest

FACT
Follow me on twitter:  gb2loose

kinboshi

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2009, 22:25:24 PM »

A lot of people can afford to play walsall but use the satty as a tool of avoiding the clickfest

FACT

Very true.

At a regional last season at Walsall, a local asked why we were so bothered about a satellite for £75 tournament.

I had to explain that it wasn"t the entry fee that was prohibitive - it was the demand for seats.  Qualifying before the clickfest guarantees a seat.  All the money in the world (well, that might be an exaggeration) can"t ensure you"ll get a seat in the clickfest.

If someone who has a seat finishes as one of the winners in a subsequent satellite, I wouldn"t want to be the one who bubbles...
"Running hurts up to a point and then it doesn't get any worse."  Ann Trason

Swinebag

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2009, 22:30:54 PM »
Matt is chip leader now
Quote from: Chipaccrual
Rob, you are a genius.
Quote from: jacklevel06
You are a genius Rob  :D

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2009, 22:33:26 PM »

FACT

Unfortunately we cannot stop people from playing other satellites.  What we can do is ensure that they cannot win another seat and then sell that on to whomever they choose.

The person in question is currently near the chiplead as I write, and I hear what Dan is saying about the bubble.

In the case of tonights satellite, there are 14 seats and $5 for the bubble, so without this persons buy-in there would have only been 13 seats + cash for 14th.

And if they do finish in the top 14, then they just get the cash and that"s an extra seat for the clickfest.

However, it would be far easier, if when you have qualified, you don"t enter anymore satellites.

WarBwastardo

• Gold Member
  • I don't have to show you any stinkin' badges
    • La boca de la cueva
« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2009, 22:35:55 PM »

FACT

Unfortunately we cannot stop people from playing other satellites.  What we can do is ensure that they cannot win another seat and then sell that on to whomever they choose.

The person in question is currently near the chiplead as I write, and I hear what Dan is saying about the bubble.

In the case of tonights satellite, there are 14 seats and $5 for the bubble, so without this persons buy-in there would have only been 13 seats + cash for 14th.

And if they do finish in the top 14, then they just get the cash and that"s an extra seat for the clickfest.

However, it would be far easier, if when you have qualified, you don"t enter anymore satellites.

Did Des not say earlier he has to sell the seat via the seat exchange?  In the interests of fairness and to assuage any controversy, I"ll take his seat and let this just be a lesson to us all for future satellites.  

kinboshi

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2009, 22:43:49 PM »

FACT

Did Des not say earlier he has to sell the seat via the seat exchange?  In the interests of fairness and to assuage any controversy, I"ll take his seat and let this just be a lesson to us all for future satellites. 

I can"t let you do that.  I will take the bullet to help diffuse the situation and take the seat.  It"s the least I can do...
"Running hurts up to a point and then it doesn't get any worse."  Ann Trason

mattblue

• Silver Member
« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2009, 22:46:09 PM »
i just seen post i think bit sad really but if u feel that way put my seat in hat to all who played tonite and draw out winner

WarBwastardo

• Gold Member
    • La boca de la cueva
« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2009, 22:49:03 PM »

i just seen post i think bit sad really but if u feel that way put my seat in hat to all who played tonite and draw out winner

To be fair mate, you were told prior to the tourny starting that you wouldn"t be able to use it for a future tourny or transfer it to your better half.  

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2009, 22:50:19 PM »
matt - remember your mates in the black country tour..... happy to take your second ticket.

well played for qualifying twice by the way :)

mattblue

• Silver Member
« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2009, 22:51:41 PM »
cant see why not but just fort i play any way for a game i added $10 to pot

Bodddders

• Gold Member
  • WCOAP Razz Champion 2008
« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2009, 22:52:22 PM »
Just knocked out by matt me    :as: kd vs matts  ac  tc   td on the river.

Oh well clickfest it is.

We do need to sought this out though.
aka - Honeycroft on Blue Sq.
On-Line National Poker League - South London Team Captain

WarBwastardo

• Gold Member
    • La boca de la cueva
« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2009, 22:54:50 PM »
I think the fairest solution is just to put the seat in the click-fest pool.

Swinebag

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: January 14, 2009, 22:57:18 PM »

Just knocked out by matt me    :as: kd vs matts  ac  tc   td on the river.

Oh well clickfest it is.

We do need to sought this out though.

ul mike...a bitter pill to swallow there.

Of course, it wouldn"t be a problem if there wasn"t such demand for seats in the clickfest
Rob, you are a genius.

Swinebag

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #28 on: January 14, 2009, 22:58:05 PM »

I think the fairest solution is just to put the seat in the click-fest pool.

That is what will happen. I believe
Rob, you are a genius.

George2Loose

• Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: January 14, 2009, 22:58:10 PM »
Matt my post was not meant to be a criticism- I was just hoping we could have a rule change in future.
Follow me on twitter:  gb2loose