Author Topic: Two Winters and One Summer of English Cricket and Continued Adventures  (Read 116821 times)

Logie66

• Gold Member
  • The Digicel Girls !
    • Logie On Tour Website
Re: One Winter of English Cricket
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2009, 00:21:05 AM »
As I got home from work at a reasonable hour I decided to have another evening of poker to past the time  :D

Registered for three games on BSQ:

£10k gtd f/o 19:30 1207 runners
£6k gtd f/o 20:10   1513
£35k rebuy 20:30   1369

Was pretty card dead in the £6k and went out 641st, In the rebuy I was plodding along but eventually had to try some moves and nothing went my way going out in 219th place.

So my luck was going for me in the £10k, I had hit the top thirty but was short stacked and in last place, I then got lucky again pushing in the BB hitting a flush to raise myself up to 40k.  I then got dealt AK twice and pocket jacks to raise my stack to 200k and take the chip lead.

Donked off a few chips trying to steal and then struggled to get any good hands to challenge the all-ins.  Finally went out in 7th picking up $362.

Another enjoyable and profitable evening.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2009, 00:30:39 AM by Logie66 »
North London Poker Club
APAT Caribbean Poker Club
APAT South African Poker Club

http://www.logieontour.co.uk

Logie66

• Gold Member
  • The Digicel Girls !
    • Logie On Tour Website
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2009, 17:54:40 PM »
Going to have an evening clear of poker this evening, would like to continue my run but I do have some work to do tonight, last few things to close off with only three days left in the office.

As per Leigh's request I will be hoping to post Logie"s Caribbean Tour Predictions tomorrow and getting some cricket into the blog, the predictions will cover:

- Results for each Test Match
- The key players for England
- The key players for West Indies

Once I"ve posted Logie"s predictions it would be good to see some debate and anyone else"s thought"s, even if they are to tell me my predictions are rubbish  ;D
North London Poker Club

Logie66

• Gold Member
  • The Digicel Girls !
    • Logie On Tour Website
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2009, 11:47:58 AM »
Got my work completed last night and decided to get some poker in, even though I had made a decision earlier to have an evening off.

Only played one game last night, the £12.5k $5 rebuy on BSQ.  This went fairly standard to the other MTT I had played from Friday onwards.  Sat tight waiting to hit something before making any real moves, although I did have to utilise a couple of rebuys in the first hour.

Continued to stay solid and got myself in better position than the previous days, sitting on an average stack for most of the time, and didn"t require any fortune or a push with a small stack to stay afloat.

Was feeling comfortable and not pressured to make any moves but soon due to going deep and the increasing blind levels I was sitting with only 4BB"s, got dealt  ad :2d: and decided to try and steal the blinds, immediately called and was against  ac kc neither hand hit anything and was out in 35th for a $50 profit with a lower kicker.

Feeling good with the way I"m playing the MTT at the moment and a profit of $430 since Friday.

North London Poker Club

Logie66

• Gold Member
  • The Digicel Girls !
    • Logie On Tour Website
« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2009, 00:35:45 AM »
« Last Edit: January 29, 2009, 09:55:08 AM by Logie66 »
North London Poker Club

Logie66

• Gold Member
  • The Digicel Girls !
    • Logie On Tour Website
« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2009, 17:27:06 PM »
As I have a high focus on Cricket in my blog, it is appropriate to post today and recognise the passing of Bill Frindall today.

Bill Frindall was a key part of Test Match Special on BBC Radio and was a man who expanded peoples knowledge of the game by answering a variety of questions on Cricket statistics, laws of the game and quirky questions asked by the general public, he also contributed significantly to the TMS Blog on the BBC website.

To quote Jonathan Agnew the BBC cricket correspondent;

"He brought scoring alive.  This is what Bill will always be remembered for. The weird world of cricket scoring to many people is incredibly dull but Bill made it interesting, he made it lively"

A loss to the game of Cricket and the BBC Test Match Special team.

RIP Bill Frindall
North London Poker Club

KarmaDope

• Platinum Member
  • The Groom
    • Blonde Forum
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2009, 18:51:48 PM »
+1.

The Bearded Wonder was a legend, RIP Bill.
[IMG=http://www.vegasmessageboard.com/countdown/countdown.php?c=purple&f=3&y=2013&m=11&d=12&h=18&mi=20&o=0&p=1][/img]

Swinebag

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2009, 21:47:19 PM »
RIP Bearders.

A true legend of the game
Quote from: Chipaccrual
Rob, you are a genius.
Quote from: jacklevel06
You are a genius Rob  :D

Logie66

• Gold Member
  • The Digicel Girls !
    • Logie On Tour Website
« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2009, 14:40:16 PM »
I decided not to post for a few days after the Bearded Wonder Passed away on Friday, so now it is normal service resumed.

Not much poker over the last few days apart from playing the Online League game on Sunday night, it was good enjoyment with some good banter on the tables.  Was slightly disappointed to go out in 33rd and with North London looking good with 4 tables left we lost player after player but still had two make the final table.  Although overall we didn't score any league points I believe we will be strong over the whole course of the league.

With some additional things cropping up at work I've had to extend by 3 days to manage some extra tasks that needed dealing with, before I head off to the Caribbean for my cricket tour.  So now my final day is tomorrow, and boy am I looking forward to getting my feet out the door and relaxing.

With all that in mind, my thoughts are now with Walsall, so looking forward to driving up Saturday morning and meeting everyone for the first live event of the season.
North London Poker Club

Logie66

• Gold Member
  • The Digicel Girls !
    • Logie On Tour Website
« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2009, 02:20:48 AM »
Well, got my predictions completely to pot on this one, similar vein to the first test in Jamaica on the last tour with a very low scoring second innings, unfortunately it was England who collapsed !!!

Well it should make watching the 2nd, 3rd and 4th test more interesting !

Some comfort, I"ve made day 2 in Walsall.
North London Poker Club

Logie66

• Gold Member
  • The Digicel Girls !
    • Logie On Tour Website
« Reply #24 on: February 09, 2009, 11:27:12 AM »
After a great weekend in Walsall, I have now slipped in to Cricket Tour mode.  My tickets have finally arrived so I now have all flight details and tickets for the 2nd Test Match in Antigua.

Today is going to be a day of shopping and then packing.  Top of the list today are a laptop to take with me, a digital camera, a few extra clothes and some sun cream. Plan this evening is to get the laptop setup, the camera working and testing pictures being loaded up to the blog, I think they will make the difference to the blog bringing a bit of sunshine to you all. Especially as Leigh mentioned yesterday, photo evidence has to be seen by all  ;D

Tomorrow I will try and dissect the humiliation of the 1st Test and put my predictions up for the 2nd test, hopefully I won"t get this as wrong !!!!

Also looking forward to seeing some of the interview I did with Des after making the 2nd day in Walsall, a bit of talk about the poker and then good publicity for the blog, thanks Des.
North London Poker Club

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2009, 13:19:30 PM »

Top of the list today are a laptop to take with me.  Plan this evening is to get the laptop setup.

+1     :"(

lukybugur

• Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2009, 13:41:03 PM »

:"(

Excuse me? And WHAT??? You"re sad to be goin" to the Bahamas? Oh you poor, poor soul!

Logie66

• Gold Member
  • The Digicel Girls !
    • Logie On Tour Website
« Reply #27 on: February 09, 2009, 20:24:51 PM »
Well a hectic day of shopping and packing has been had !!

Suitcase nearly done, more importantly laptop sorted and camera and this post is making sure both are working properly, so attempting to display a picture of my holiday essentials.

Many thanks to the "Inserting Photos" thread  ;D if it works !

Wicked, all sorted for the trip now !
« Last Edit: February 09, 2009, 20:26:45 PM by Logie66 »
North London Poker Club

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
« Reply #28 on: February 09, 2009, 21:07:35 PM »
Quality.

tumblet

• Gold Member
« Reply #29 on: February 10, 2009, 01:06:43 AM »
read Gerrards book first, and leave the best one for last.. Carra"s book is awsome..

so jelous, was saving to go to the next ashes, but I think that maybe out of the window now, so next windies trip it is for me..

enjoy, will keep on this thread, just make sure u keep it going..