Author Topic: Black Country Poker Club, this seems like the right place!  (Read 24431 times)

clynd99

• Silver Member
Re: Black Country Poker Club, this seems like the right place!
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2009, 19:43:52 PM »
I think maybe £40 would be too high a buy-in for most casual players, but maybe dropping a fiver on top to pay second place cash would be an idea.

Im thinking I know a couple of guys who might be up for a game, but wouldn"t play a season due to other commitments. £40 would be too much for them to pay for what is essentially a bit of a laugh.

BOINGBLITZ

• Regional Captain
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2009, 00:45:29 AM »
It"s great to have guys like you as members of this club because you are obviously committed to moving things forward.
  The AGM for Season Two is scheuled for the April meet so we will have to make sure that we are ALL there early at about 7pm so we can finalise our plans for the following campaign.
  I think that it is safe to say that we are going to be playing on two tables on most weeks during Season Two with all the new guys coming in and from my point of view, the more the merrier.
  The idea about the DTD events sounds good and also, on June 27th, there is a GUKPT event at Walsall with a £550 buy-in as part of the Summer Specials that they are putting on at a reduced price.
  My original idea for this club was to provide a place for people to play good quality poker and to give us the chance of playing in a big event with little outlay. It is pretty obvious that, thanks to you guys, it is becoming a roaring success.

Now......if I can just find a sponsor to pay me into the WSOP Main Event.......
LATVIAN O/L CHAMPION 2008.
WELSH O/L CHAMPION 2009
IRISH AMATEUR CHAMPION 2009, in memory of Bill Young
WELSH O/L PLO CHAMPION 2013
Bronze medalist 2009 & Captain 2010 ENGLAND team.
CAPTAIN 4-TIME O/L CHAMPS WALSALL / WEST MIDLANDS.
No.1 ranked Online 2009.
R-up Sth Euro O/L PLO 2010
3rd Pu

clynd99

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2009, 18:05:03 PM »
The GCBPT has gone then!
Looks like season one may have to be the Walsall GUKPT summer event...

clynd99

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2009, 17:47:39 PM »
Incidentally I have arranged that if we wanted to play satellites to other events, such as the DTD £150 for example, we could play them online at Blue Square under password protected tournaments.
This would be a decent thing for us if we could get a decent number of us to agree on times and such, as it wouldn"t rely on us all being able to get over to our meeting place, and other potential menbers could have a bash without having to commit to a whole season, or just play for a bit of fun and the share at the end.

BOINGBLITZ

• Regional Captain
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2009, 02:25:56 AM »
Hiya guys,

Firstly, thanks to the efforts and contacts of Chris Baker, we are in a position to run a satellite online at BLUE SQUARE next week which will be EXCLUSIVE to you guys, that is members of the Black Country Poker Club and those who have expressed an interest in joining us.
  The buy-in will be dependent on how many of you are willing to enter but the prize on offer will be a seat in the £165 side-event taking place on Sunday 22nd February at the Walsall leg of the GUKPT. This is a 2-day event with 6000 stating chips and 45 minute blinds.
  Normal club rules will apply in that the winner of the satellite will be representing our club at this event and therefore any money won will be split 50-50 between him and the other club members, but on this occasion, only those members who actually enter this satellite.
  This will hopefully be the first of many of these EXCLUSIVE BCPC events that we will run.
  The satellite will be password protected and I need you to let me know as soon as possible if you intend to enter so that we can get it sorted for you, so please.....E-MAIL BACK NOW !!

Onto live business and as we have such phenomenal interest and a multitude of ideas flowing from our members for Season Two, we are going to have an AGM Tourney on FRIDAY APRIL 24TH at the NEW TALBOT, WEST BROMWICH in which I would hope that ALL of you guys will be attending. The AGM will take place at 7pm where we will decide on dates for the new season and discuss any changes that we will want to see made.
 Once that is sorted, we will run a £15 buy-in tourney with the normal 5000 starting chips with £10 re-buys allowed in the first 2 levels if you go below 2500 chips (no add-on's). This should allow us enough prize money to award the winner a £220 seat in the Walsall monthly tournament on the following night, with the 2nd place finisher receiving the balance of the cash.
  Season Two will then kick-off on FRIDAY MAY 8TH unless otherwise decided at the AGM.

With the GCBPT now deceased, the winner of Season One will now receive a £550 seat in the GUKPT Summer Series, which has 10k starting chips and a 45-minute clock. This is a 2-day event and he may chose to play either at Bolton (June 13th) or Walsall (June 27th).

Before I go, I would like to say many congratulations to BCPC members Steve Redfern, for winning the first week's APAT Online game, Matt McKinlay, for his $3k win online, and........well......me, for winning my trip to Vegas. Anyone who has seen us play will realise that if we can do it, ANYONE CAN !!

Good Luck boys,

Brian.
WELSH O/L CHAMPION 2009
No.1 ranked Online 2009.
3rd Pu

clynd99

• Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2009, 18:44:28 PM »
We"re going to have to get a rough estimate on numbers as quick as possible really, so that Blue Sq can set up the tourney.
The only considerations should be that if you play in the online game, you must be available to play at Walsall Grosvenor on Sunday 22nd February, and possibly the 23rd if you get through to day 2.
I will find out if, as sponsors of the GUKPT, Blue Sq can register the winner for the tourney.
It looks like, with current exchange rate, that if ten of us want to play, it will be a $25 tourney with one seat for the winner.

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2009, 21:23:59 PM »
count me in

PokerDan1984

• Bronze Member
« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2009, 00:01:14 AM »
Pre-book me in.

BOINGBLITZ

• Regional Captain
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: February 04, 2009, 02:19:20 AM »
OK guys,
 To all current and prospective new members, you should have all received an e-mail outlining the above tourney.
 This will now take place on WEDNESDAY FEBRUARY 11TH at 8.00PM and will have a buy-in of $25 with hopefully 3000 stating chips and 15-minute levels. It will be played on BlueSquare. The winner will be pre-registered into the £165 GUKPT side-event at Walsall on Sunday February 22nd/23rd, which has a 6000 starting stack with 45 minute levels. The runner-up will take the balance of cash.
  The winner may be required to wear BlueSquare clothing but remember when entering that this is a Black Country Poker Club event and therefore the club rules apply in that any winnings made at the live GUKPT event will be split 50-50 with all of the players entering the satellite.
  Normally, winnings would be split with ALL club members but as this satellite has been devised as a "welcome" to new members, we have changed that rule on this occasion as a one-off.
  This event will be password-protected and everyone who replies to me that they will be entering will receive the password as soon as we are notified of it by BlueSquare.
  Current players confirmed are as follows :-
STEVE REDFERN
MATT McKINLAY
BRIAN YATES
CHRIS BAKER
PAUL FOY
with newcomers

DANIEL HEYWOOD
CHRIS HUMPHREYS
RICHARD DAVIS
ANDREW BARTON.

MARCEL FURET and TONY TRIPPIER are possibles as is Matt's wife (apologies here as Matt refers to you as "The Mrs !" )

To anyone I have not named, you need to reply to me to confirm participation or you will not receive the password. When you do receive it, PLEASE do NOT pass it on to anyone else as this is a BCPC event as previously stated.

If this satellite works successfully, then hopefully we will run many more throughout Season Two and many thanks to Chris Baker for his drive on this.
 And before I go, don"t forget that Week Four of season one will be played on FRIDAY FEBRUARY 13TH at the NEW TALBOT, WEST BROMWICH where we will be welcoming back Matt from his globetrotting around the World, Steve, the latest APAT Superstar and also a new face in Malcolm Howell, who cannot wait for Season Two and has decided to sign up now as an Assosciate Member immediately.

BOING BOING !!

Bri.    
WELSH O/L CHAMPION 2009
No.1 ranked Online 2009.
3rd Pu

cincicrappykid

• Gold Member
« Reply #24 on: February 04, 2009, 10:52:11 AM »
hi bri i see the comp u are arranging on blue square is running same night as a qualifier for welsh apat  c/pship 11th? also winner plays in comp 22/23 , 23 being a monday ?
GOLD NATIONAL ONLINE TEAM C/SHIP 09/10.  S1& 7 BCPC CHAMP/H/O Champ. BRONZE WCOAP 7 Card Stud 2009. BRONZE Scotish Online Omaha  2010 BRONZE Northern European NL  2010. APAT NATIONAL PUB CHAMPION 2011 SCOTTISH OMAHA  GOLD 2012. ECOAP SILVER WCOAP GOLD England Team 2013  National Online Champion 2013

BOINGBLITZ

• Regional Captain
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: February 04, 2009, 13:49:13 PM »
Correct Tony, it is a 2-dayer
WELSH O/L CHAMPION 2009
No.1 ranked Online 2009.
3rd Pu

cincicrappykid

• Gold Member
« Reply #26 on: February 04, 2009, 16:21:58 PM »
11th still on even though same day as apat quaalifier ?
GOLD NATIONAL ONLINE TEAM C/SHIP 09/10.  S1& 7 BCPC CHAMP/H/O Champ. BRONZE WCOAP 7 Card Stud 2009. BRONZE Scotish Online Omaha  2010 BRONZE Northern European NL  2010. APAT NATIONAL PUB CHAMPION 2011 SCOTTISH OMAHA  GOLD 2012. ECOAP SILVER WCOAP GOLD England Team 2013  National Online Champion 2013

clynd99

• Silver Member
« Reply #27 on: February 04, 2009, 17:22:34 PM »
2 tables too much for you?  :P

I reckon you"ll open shove with A4 and be able to put the APAT satellite at the top of your list rather soon anyway.  :-*

clynd99

• Silver Member
« Reply #28 on: February 04, 2009, 17:26:30 PM »
LOL, I think the guy from Blue Sq liked the idea, so much so that he"s running loads of 10 man satellites along these lines with winner taking 50%of any subsequent winnings, 2nd taking 10% and 3rd-10th each getting 5%!

Should have got the copyright on the idea!

cincicrappykid

• Gold Member
« Reply #29 on: February 05, 2009, 13:35:09 PM »
nah will hit nuts but muck mt cards b4 other player shows hand  hahah  ala matt................ :-*