Author Topic: My New Topic  (Read 174954 times)

MintTrav

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
Re: My New Topic
« Reply #90 on: July 20, 2012, 02:14:09 AM »

I spluttered my shandy all over the keyboard

i spilt a glass of Jack Daniel"s and coke on the cream front room carpet.

Are you two related?
5th place - Portsmouth Snooker Club £10 rebuy

Liz Lieu borrowed my pen - 01/06/2013

MintTrav

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #91 on: July 20, 2012, 08:46:25 AM »

Dear John.

That is all

Dear That

I see you are a man of few words. I feel that you have something you wish to express but perhaps you are shy about other people knowing how you feel. Sometimes it is better not to be the strong silent type. As a way of getting things off your chest, I suggest that you start keeping a diary. That way, you can let out all the feelings that are inside you without worrying that anyone else is going to read it.

John

HOLDorFOLD

• Gold Member
« Reply #92 on: July 20, 2012, 10:45:23 AM »
Dear John

I am very excited to be playing another Live APAT event soon, however, at my last outing I managed to get stuck to the poker table. This has caused me some trepidation and wondering how to avoid such mishaps come August.

Any advice?

HoldorStuck
Skype/MSN  Holdyfoldy@hotmail.co.uk

SirPercival

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #93 on: July 20, 2012, 19:29:52 PM »
Dear John,

Is it true you once folded QQ pre flop face up in an APAT event v 85o?

Stuart

MintTrav

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #94 on: July 20, 2012, 21:13:31 PM »

Dear John,

Is it true you once folded QQ pre flop face up in an APAT event v 85o?

Stuart

Dear Stuart

Thank you for your question. It is true that I once (and only once) folded QQ pre-flop in an APAT event. I have folded QQ pre-flop 4 times in live tournaments that I can remember, once incorrectly. I wish I had folded it a few more times. In the hand in question, I had raised UTG and another player reraised. My initial reaction was not to fold, but the reason I did so was not because he had reraised, but the size of his bet. It was not huge in relation to my raise, but it was substantial in proportion to his stack and I concluded that his bet was sized with a view to getting the stacks in by the end and, therefore, that he was already holding a bigger pair than mine. Unfortunately for this player, he could have gained more chips but he gave away his hand strength by his bet size and the ants in his pants. As a result of this bullet-dodging fold, I went on to make the final table of that tournament while the other player didn"t. I remember this player well, mainly because of his unusual accent - a strange cross between Scotland and Leeds. Someone told me that he been Captain of both, though I didn"t believe it. Here is a photo of him from his Hendon Mob page:

MintTrav

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #95 on: July 20, 2012, 22:16:42 PM »

Dear John

I am very excited to be playing another Live APAT event soon, however, at my last outing I managed to get stuck to the poker table. This has caused me some trepidation and wondering how to avoid such mishaps come August.

Any advice?

HoldorStuck

Dear Hold

A young lady of good upbringing should strive to avoid situations where she could be exposed to this type of scenario. Excited you may be, but it ill-becomes a lady of good repute to get her legs stuck under a poker table. Even more so, to announce to all present "I"ve got a big wooden thing stuck between my legs". Having witnessed the whole sorry incident, I find it worrying that you are concerned that it might be repeated. I would suggest that you refrain from such engagements until you are confident that you can pass the entire weekend without getting anything stuck between your legs. Otherwise you may find that gentlemen callers call less frequently in future.

John

Waz1892

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #96 on: July 21, 2012, 08:53:53 AM »
Dear John,

I"m so pleased this avenue is available for me to asked you advice and opinion to tackle an issue that keeps cropping up whilst i"m with my APAT colleagues.

Being a reasonable shy person I never feel comfy correcting people when they are mis-pronouncing my username.

Waz1892 was created from a shortening of my name Warren and the birth year of my football team. My non Apat friends throughout my life have always pronounced it Woz. The prouncement in lower case of "w-a-z" had never been an "issue" before APAT. It was even read as Waz on sky tv by the legend that is tikay, even then I emailed in and said it was Woz, and he told to me to spell it correctly! ( I forgive him as he continued to say can"t spell but played that hand very well!)

Your advice please and I"m hoping the millions of loyal followers you have the word will spread

Yours warren "Waz1892"

Carpe Diem
Member of East of England Poker Club
Team member APAT forum 2013

SirPercival

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #97 on: July 21, 2012, 09:18:40 AM »
Dear John,

I am finding your advice most interesting and was wondering if it is only limited to Poker?

The reason I ask is that I have 3 females in my household, one of which is a teenager!

Badugi is also something that baffles me.

Stuart

LoneRider

« Reply #98 on: July 21, 2012, 13:59:11 PM »

Twenty minutes of self-flagellation every Tuesday night is all it has taken to get me to the point where I can now fold to a reraise, without crying.

It didn"t work John did it....!!!! Which Tuesday day did you shove all in with 8 3 o to my blind pre flop raise???? I thought my call with Q6o was excellent btw!!

MintTrav

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #99 on: July 21, 2012, 19:29:06 PM »

Twenty minutes of self-flagellation every Tuesday night is all it has taken to get me to the point where I can now fold to a reraise, without crying.

It didn"t work John did it....!!!! Which Tuesday day did you shove all in with 8 3 o to my blind pre flop raise???? I thought my call with Q6o was excellent btw!!

Dear LoneR

Last Tuesday 10 July.

Is that all you wished to know or would you like a critique? I"m not sure I would advertise on the Interweb that I call pre-flop all-ins with Q6. If you can make the call, you then have to win the hand, which is not guaranteed.  I have checked the Hendon Mob odds calculator and 83 is a 78.3% favourite against Q6, so I think you were lucky. Congrats anyway on using my chips to secure your 6/12 finish.

Pianissimo37

« Reply #100 on: July 21, 2012, 19:55:19 PM »

I"ve never started a new topic before so I just wanted to see how it works.

Hope you like it!

Very enlightening Mr Murray :)

MintTrav

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #101 on: July 21, 2012, 22:29:08 PM »

Dear John,

I"m so pleased this avenue is available for me to asked you advice and opinion to tackle an issue that keeps cropping up whilst i"m with my APAT colleagues.

Being a reasonable shy person I never feel comfy correcting people when they are mis-pronouncing my username.

Waz1892 was created from a shortening of my name Warren and the birth year of my football team. My non Apat friends throughout my life have always pronounced it Woz. The prouncement in lower case of "w-a-z" had never been an "issue" before APAT. It was even read as Waz on sky tv by the legend that is tikay, even then I emailed in and said it was Woz, and he told to me to spell it correctly! ( I forgive him as he continued to say can"t spell but played that hand very well!)

Your advice please and I"m hoping the millions of loyal followers you have the word will spread

Yours warren "Waz1892"

Dear Wuss

It must be horrible when people get your name wrong. I have to say it"s not something I have experienced myself, seeing as how every Tom, Dick & Harry is called John, but I can sympathize with your predicament. Someone who did have a similar problem was Lisa Minnelli. Perhaps you could deal with it by singing the correct version:

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&v=hWURas7fYwk&NR=1[/youtube]

Anyway, wouldn"t an abbreviation of your name would be War, not Waz. You clearly don"t know how to spell your own name (as has been pointed out before), so I wouldn"t try anything tricky, like cycling or hairdressing. At this stage, you are probably stuck with the one you have assumed, so perhaps you should advise your APAT cohorts to pronounce it in lower case, as you report that this has worked successfully for you in the past.

John
« Last Edit: July 21, 2012, 22:42:08 PM by MintTrav »

thinsy147

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Gold Member
  • I can play better....... I never have, but I can!!
    • HendonMob Database
« Reply #102 on: July 21, 2012, 23:11:02 PM »
Dear John,

With the recent interest in golf on the TV at the moment I thought I"d seek your advice on having a go at becoming a "Golf Pro".

Obviously, without really knowing my standard of play it would be unfair for you to comment so here"s a brief heads up of my golfing history:

I"ve only ever played proper golf twice, but have played pitch and putt a few times, and played crazy golf quite a bit....
However, the most important piece of knowledge you may find helpful is that I used to own a pair of golf socks, and did get a hole in one!

Eagerly awaiting your comments,

thinsy.

(Luton 2010 Bronze Medal Winner)
(Online 2020 Silver Medal Winner)

GOLD MEDAL COMING IN 2030

Fatcatstu

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #103 on: July 22, 2012, 00:07:09 AM »
Dear John,

Thankyou for your considered response to my last question.

If you dont mind terribly, i have an argument that needs settling with the captain of my cricket team.

He seems to think that drinking 13 bottles of lager and a large amount of Jack Daniels is NOT the best way to spend the night before a cricket match, as it may effect my bowling performance.

I called him a tit.

Who is right?

Much love

Stu
England C Captain 2012
World Team Champions England 2013

Cyntaf

• Platinum Member
« Reply #104 on: July 22, 2012, 06:28:09 AM »
John.Mmm...............John?   John?

Tell me John, do you still hold down your job as a shoe shiner on Police Squad?
Team Cymru Captain Apat World Team champions 2010 + 2011