Author Topic: My New Topic  (Read 174998 times)

Swinebag

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
Re: My New Topic
« Reply #135 on: September 09, 2012, 00:00:54 AM »
use the T$ to enter a PLO8 3x turbo rebuy for WCOOP 37
Quote from: Chipaccrual
Rob, you are a genius.
Quote from: jacklevel06
You are a genius Rob  :D

MintTrav

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #136 on: September 09, 2012, 00:23:36 AM »

use the T$ to enter a PLO8 3x turbo rebuy for WCOOP 37

Ha ha. These games are mental. I"ve got the same chips as you now, after my inspired (ahem) call with 34 ended up with a wheel. Good luck - let"s hope one of us gets there.
5th place - Portsmouth Snooker Club £10 rebuy

Liz Lieu borrowed my pen - 01/06/2013

MintTrav

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #137 on: September 09, 2012, 00:43:36 AM »
You still around Rob? FT now - 6/8. I really don"t deserve to still be in. 3 seats & $465 for 4th, though.

MintTrav

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #138 on: September 09, 2012, 00:49:24 AM »

You still around Rob? FT now - 6/8. I really don"t deserve to still be in. 3 seats & $465 for 4th, though.

5th - fantastic!

Swinebag

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #139 on: September 09, 2012, 00:55:51 AM »

5th - fantastic!

ul John
Rob, you are a genius.

MintTrav

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #140 on: September 09, 2012, 01:32:11 AM »

5th - fantastic!

ul John

That is one which I would definitely have unregistered from. I"m not as strong at Omaha as at HE, though better at PLO8 than PLO. I was surprised to get that far from 94, but the truth is that there was a lot of luck involved - maybe the turbo dilution of skill was to my advantage. Several times I just had to hope for the best, though the turbo nature of the game forced uncomfortable options to be taken. A couple of times I wasn"t in good shape but the split saved me. I would feel uncomfortable investing $530 in any Omaha tournament, though, so I would have banked the $, whereas I do feel comfortable going for it at Razz. I"m probably not much better at Razz than Holdem, but the fields are definitely much weaker, which amounts to much the same thing.

MintTrav

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #141 on: September 09, 2012, 01:40:15 AM »

Dear John,

I am finding your advice most interesting and was wondering if it is only limited to Poker?

The reason I ask is that I have 3 females in my household, one of which is a teenager!

Badugi is also something that baffles me.

Stuart

Dear Stuart

I"m sorry that your question was overlooked. I"ve been a little distracted lately, what with one thing and another. You know how it is - you mean to attend to something but then something else comes up and the first thing gets left - like your question. I"ve had it at the back of my mind all along but for some reason didn"t bring it to the front. Maybe it"s a motivation thing - we all have a tendency to do the easy thing first instead of the important thing - which is probably why I have neglected you until now.

So.......your question. You bring up a thought-provoking subject, the complicated milieu of males and females living in the same space, complicated further by the adult-child and adult-teenager scenarios, with their repeating patterns that will drive you crazy and make you happy at the same time. You are provider, protector and teacher, whilst you are also policeman, judge and prison guard. For you is this amazing terrible fantastic experience and you should soak it up while it happening. At the time, it seems like it will last for ever but, too soon, it is over and is just another collection of your memories.

Anyway, back to your question. Em, there doesn"t appear to be a question. Were you just sharing your living arrangements with us?

John

Swinebag

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #142 on: September 09, 2012, 13:00:37 PM »

5th - fantastic!

ul John ;D

That is one which I would definitely have unregistered from. I"m not as strong at Omaha as at HE, though better at PLO8 than PLO. I was surprised to get that far from 94, but the truth is that there was a lot of luck involved - maybe the turbo dilution of skill was to my advantage. Several times I just had to hope for the best, though the turbo nature of the game forced uncomfortable options to be taken. A couple of times I wasn"t in good shape but the split saved me. I would feel uncomfortable investing $530 in any Omaha tournament, though, so I would have banked the $, whereas I do feel comfortable going for it at Razz. I"m probably not much better at Razz than Holdem, but the fields are definitely much weaker, which amounts to much the same thing.

I finished in 26th when I turned my queens full of 2s into a bluff on the turn and was called down on 2 streets by queens full of 3s.

I would have played this. Loads of players (myself included) are terrible at this, so I figured I had an even chance :)
Rob, you are a genius.

MintTrav

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #143 on: September 09, 2012, 14:04:49 PM »

5th - fantastic!

ul John ;D

I finished in 26th when I turned my queens full of 2s into a bluff on the turn and was called down on 2 streets by queens full of 3s.

I would have played this. Loads of players (myself included) are terrible at this, so I figured I had an even chance :)

FFS, it was you that gave me the idea of unregistering from tournaments in the first place, when you posted about how you satellite into the Sunday Million for fun every week and then unreg for the T$. I didn"t enjoy the randomness of that tournament, even though I nearly scored, though I suppose the final will have a more playable structure.

MintTrav

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #144 on: September 09, 2012, 19:03:37 PM »
I have unregistered from the Razz. I thought by doing that I could see more clearly whether I wanted to buy back in. And, inevitably, I now think it"s too much to pay to enter.

So, I used $10 x 3 of it on a WCOOP Stud sat and, er, now I"ve got the same problem again, except it"s for $300 + $20 this time. Tomorrow night. I see my old sparring partner GeorgeDanzer is already registered. I"ll prob end up withdrawing from that too in the end.

AJDUK

• Gold Member
« Reply #145 on: September 10, 2012, 04:02:58 AM »

I have unregistered from the Razz. I thought by doing that I could see more clearly whether I wanted to buy back in. And, inevitably, I now think it"s too much to pay to enter.

So, I used $10 x 3 of it on a WCOOP Stud sat and, er, now I"ve got the same problem again, except it"s for $300 + $20 this time. Tomorrow night. I see my old sparring partner GeorgeDanzer is already registered. I"ll prob end up withdrawing from that too in the end.

OK so now you"ve spun up the T$ into another entry. Personally I would play the stud, most of the players out there are terrible at the game and it"s effectively cost you a scratch out of your original Razz roll. There"s much less luck in Stud too and lots of the old school pros believe Stud is the purest form of poker. Seriously go for it, I"ll be on the rail if you do. GL.
England Captain WCOAP 2014 - Come on England!!!!

MintTrav

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #146 on: September 10, 2012, 08:59:26 AM »

OK so now you"ve spun up the T$ into another entry. Personally I would play the stud, most of the players out there are terrible at the game and it"s effectively cost you a scratch out of your original Razz roll. There"s much less luck in Stud too and lots of the old school pros believe Stud is the purest form of poker. Seriously go for it, I"ll be on the rail if you do. GL.

I have already unregistered. Doesn"t mean I cant rereg, of course, but I prob won"t. The luck thing is one of the things I like about these limit games. It would take a few bad beats to cause the same devastation to your stack that a single one can have in NLHE. If you"re going well but come unstuck in a hand, you can absorb the hit without it wrecking your whole tournament.

At low buy-ins, it is true that a lot don"t know what they are doing. So you see people misreading their hands, not realising when the game changes (that"s the best one) or calling all the way and folding on seventh. That is much less the case at the higher-cost games. In the Triple-Stud Main last week, I found a very high standard. I don"t just mean that they weren"t doing the dumb stuff, but they were making plays that you never see in the cheap games. I enjoyed that game a lot, but the quality of play was much higher than might be expected.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2012, 09:15:20 AM by MintTrav »

AJDUK

• Gold Member
« Reply #147 on: September 10, 2012, 15:39:28 PM »
Do you feel +EV against the field in any game? Just wondering what your plan will be when you have T$100K?  ;D  What"s your perfect $300 game that you will dive in and play?
England Captain WCOAP 2014 - Come on England!!!!

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #148 on: September 10, 2012, 15:47:22 PM »
Agree with Andy (yikes, that"s twice today :) )   -   I understand the concept of conservatism and being risk averse to some degree, but as they say about the lottery.... you gotta be in it to win it!!  Having won the entry fee for a modest amount in a game where you know you have an edge over at least half the field and probably more, you surely have enough justification for taking a punt.

Come on John - give us something to get excited about (again).

MintTrav

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #149 on: September 10, 2012, 20:20:06 PM »
I"m in. Two more sats. Massive CL in one and fecked it up badly $4th for $100 of real money though. Got the seat in the other one, with no option to withdraw - just been lobbed straight into the running tournament. Took a pot of some guy called shaundeeb straight away.