Author Topic: My New Topic  (Read 176116 times)

MintTrav

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
Re: My New Topic
« Reply #165 on: September 11, 2012, 01:18:20 AM »

50/51. 3 more to go. This is so painful.

3/5 in the Razz - seat for 1st, cash for 2nd. I"m aiming for 2nd this time for sure. Think I"ll throw it if I get HU. Real $ > T$.

would be stupid to throw away T$160, if you feel that bad win it and we can do a deal

LOL - didn"t get that far anyway.
5th place - Portsmouth Snooker Club £10 rebuy

Liz Lieu borrowed my pen - 01/06/2013

MintTrav

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #166 on: September 11, 2012, 02:26:40 AM »
Scraped into the cash, which I have to be happy about considering where I was, but I can"t believe I was knocked out in 44th by that same player vivavsmtv, who again called with 3 spades, the well-connected 28J, and again made the flush. I had a small pair in the hole, with an A showing and might have slowed down if I didn"t pair my A to give me 2P. It wasn"t like he would see the cards cheaply, cos I had doubled up by then and taken the antes twice after that, so had rebuilt to about 12k, I think. It would have served him right if I had filled up. How do players like that end up in a $300 tournament? I think of 3-flush or 3-straight cards on 3rd as trap hands where I could lose a lot and don"t play them unless I can get in cheaply, but all 3 of the critical hands I lost tonight were against players who called large bets  on every street with those hands and overtook me by the end. Anyway, my theory about a tournament not being destroyed by one or two hands has been blown out of the water. It still mainly holds, but I guess a crunch time always comes and there"s always someone who will call you behind, and sometimes they"ll get there.

Anyway, we cashed ($543), so you were all right and I was wrong. I was looking forward to saying that I told you I shouldn"t play. I got a few presents early on, notably from Deeb, who probably wasn"t that interested, judging by how he was giving it away. The truth is, though, from my position in mid-game, I should have gone deeper - and would have if some arbitrary play didn"t got there. I can"t cry too much when I"ve just cashed for 500 quid, but you do wonder. 40th place was worth another $130 and so on. I could have been out for zilch though - had to race for my life with JJ against an A about two places off the bubble. Maybe I should have folded, but I thought I might need to win a race just to get to 48th, so may as well take it then.

I don"t want to make this too much of a moan. That"s two I"ve played and I didn"t feel out of my depth at any time; in fact in both I felt I could have gone much deeper if things had just fallen differently. That"s how it goes, I suppose. Might do some more now.

So, I"ve cashed in the WCOOP, Scooby doo, how are you? Do I get a bracelet?

MintTrav

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #167 on: September 11, 2012, 10:45:34 AM »
Wonder if I"ve been coming on a bit strong - there"s a lot to said for getting it quietly, as they say, as the likes of Leigh and Dan do. I just feel the need to let off steam by posting when something significant happens in a tournament.

Thanks to the guys who encouraged me to play the final and esp to Andy.

PHIL_TC

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #168 on: September 11, 2012, 11:00:05 AM »
WP!

I don"t want to make this too much of a moan. That"s two I"ve played and I didn"t feel out of my depth at any time; in fact in both I felt I could have gone much deeper if things had just fallen differently. That"s how it goes, I suppose. Might do some more now.

Got to feel good about that though John.. bang up a staking thread if you"re wanting to spread the risk a little. I"m sure you"d get plenty of takers.. probs take a percentage or two myself x
Winner of 1 gold, 2 silver & 1 bronze medals.
Proud member of team England '11 & '12 (Home Internationals) & team APAT  '11

Now pretty much poker retired, but available to help feed / sub the APAT server hamsters now & again.

http://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/player.php?a=r&n=101148

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
« Reply #169 on: September 11, 2012, 11:47:05 AM »
LOL @ Get It Quietly.

You clearly never read one of my afternoon rail threads  ;D

Completely agree with what Phil says (after all he is turning into the allround APAT and life guru).

Share the risk, but more importantly, share the returns.   ;)

AJDUK

• Gold Member
« Reply #170 on: September 11, 2012, 15:16:11 PM »

Wonder if I"ve been coming on a bit strong - there"s a lot to said for getting it quietly, as they say, as the likes of Leigh and Dan do. I just feel the need to let off steam by posting when something significant happens in a tournament.

Thanks to the guys who encouraged me to play the final and esp to Andy.

You don"t frequent facebook much do you, lol.

If you start a thread by asking what you should play, then I"m sure people are happy to find out what you chose and how it went.

WP last night. You got stiffed the first time the german hit the stupid flush, so you did well to make the $ from there. Not convinced he did much wrong on the flush that knocked you out, but by then we were happy to take the $$.

Think you need a tad more confidence around the bigger buyin games, as I"m sure deep down you know (as we do) that you are more than capable in those games. If the $$$ hurt then sell some action and you will soon find out how much faith people have in you.

As always, GL.
England Captain WCOAP 2014 - Come on England!!!!

MintTrav

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #171 on: September 11, 2012, 16:53:19 PM »

At all, actually. I assume the above means that Dan does his stuff on there.

I did join Facebook about 3 years ago, due to something to do with Colin O"Prey. Can"t actually remember the reason - I think he just invited me or whatever it"s called. He is still my only friend.

I have had quite a few requests, which I have ignored meant to get around to. Some of them are nearly 3 years old now, including several from APAT members. Sorry for ignoring not getting around to your request. I think I might make a point of blitzing it and catching up with 2005. Maybe I should pass that level and go straight to twitting.

AJDUK

• Gold Member
« Reply #172 on: September 11, 2012, 18:07:10 PM »

Wonder if I"ve been coming on a bit strong - there"s a lot to said for getting it quietly, as they say, as the likes of Leigh and Dan do.

As it happens Dan does do his stuff on there, but my comment wasn"t aimed at him as Dan provides masses of entertainment in the process.

It was just a general comment to say that if you were on facebook you would realise there"s nothing to worry about  :D
England Captain WCOAP 2014 - Come on England!!!!

PHIL_TC

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #173 on: September 11, 2012, 18:54:29 PM »

Wonder if I"ve been coming on a bit strong - there"s a lot to said for getting it quietly, as they say, as the likes of Leigh and Dan do.

As it happens Dan does do his stuff on there, but my comment wasn"t aimed at him as Dan provides masses of entertainment in the process.

It was just a general comment to say that if you were on facebook you would realise there"s nothing to worry about  :D

Exactly that!!.. now why hadn"t I added that to my list  :-\
Winner of 1 gold, 2 silver & 1 bronze medals.
Proud member of team England '11 & '12 (Home Internationals) & team APAT  '11

Now pretty much poker retired, but available to help feed / sub the APAT server hamsters now & again.

http://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/player.php?a=r&n=101148

MintTrav

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #174 on: September 11, 2012, 21:11:59 PM »
Comment in the PLO8 game I"m playing - MintDonk strikes.

Seemed fair enough actually, though it is a $2.75 rebuy.

hi_am_chris

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #175 on: September 14, 2012, 02:51:53 AM »
Your man George Danzer is on FIRE!!!! 3rd with 11 left out of 1647 players in wcoop event 33 nlh holdem event which restarts in 8 hours and also chip leader in event 34 plo 6 max with 17 left out of 860, locked up 10k from 660 dollars worth of buy ins sofar

MintTrav

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #176 on: September 15, 2012, 09:35:39 AM »
Played on a TV table for the first time last night. One of the local card-rooms, The Phoenix, has had one for months and uses it for all its FTs, but I hadn"t been there for quite a while cos it"s further than the other two venues. You have to put your cards on the readers, and there are two small cameras sticking up from the table at eye-level, recording everything. Pretty nifty. It does all the percentages and tick-marks, etc, just like on the telly. I would tell you that you can see it on YouTube soon but I don"t want you studying my game. £600 for winning it plus £200 from the PLO cash table made it a pretty good night. I might not leave it so long the next time.

MintTrav

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #177 on: September 15, 2012, 10:36:39 AM »
Not sure what to do today. I had thought of going to London for the LCI tournament at The Empire, but there"s plenty going on in Portsmouth. The Phoenix has got the first of its monthly satellites for either its £1000 entry game or its WSOP tournament at 3pm, not sure which. I should have been paying attention, but it kinda doesn"t matter which it is. If that goes sideways, there is the £25 FO tonight. Meanwhile Shuffles has the weekly satellite for its £550 tournament at 4pm, with a £20 semi-FO later.

I like going to London, cos it"s London, right? Buzzing. And it"s a bigger tournament, whereas the others will come around every week (yeah, apart from the monthly one). But then there are the costs of getting there and being there and the inconvenience.

Poker is about decisions, but this is a tough one. I wasn"t sure what I would do when I started this, probably going to The Phoenix, but I think I"ve talked myself into going to London. Sometimes it just helps to talk - thanks for listening.

Quasar

• Gold Member
« Reply #178 on: September 15, 2012, 10:50:30 AM »

John you do make me  ;D

Good luck in London x

MintTrav

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #179 on: September 15, 2012, 13:27:07 PM »
Forgot about the APAT Online game. I guess all the other options are cancelled. The sacrifices I make just to get rivered by Tony Trippier"s one-outer.