Author Topic: My New Topic  (Read 176389 times)

MintTrav

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
Re: My New Topic
« Reply #240 on: January 22, 2013, 23:26:14 PM »
17/140
5th place - Portsmouth Snooker Club £10 rebuy

Liz Lieu borrowed my pen - 01/06/2013

Waz1892

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #241 on: January 22, 2013, 23:27:55 PM »
Dear John,

Take it down!  Good luck.
Carpe Diem
Member of East of England Poker Club
Team member APAT forum 2013

MintTrav

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #242 on: January 22, 2013, 23:41:34 PM »
Had a disaster with QQ22 against rolled-up JJJ for most of my stack. Not much left.

MintTrav

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #243 on: January 22, 2013, 23:57:30 PM »
3rd break - 31 left and guess who is propping up the field. At least it will be over soon.

MintTrav

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #244 on: January 23, 2013, 00:30:12 AM »
That"s it, the show is over. Out in 29th for $209.82, so can"t complain.

Should have folded that big hand. He only had one J showing and nothing else looked likely, so I was hoping he had J-high 2P, but should have heeded the warning signs.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2013, 01:17:21 AM by MintTrav »

MintTrav

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #245 on: January 23, 2013, 14:49:51 PM »
Thought I"d share a funny(ish) story about my mother. She tends to fall quite a lot these days and often can"t get up again without help. Though there are family and various state agencies that are in and out of the house several times a day, at night she is often on her own and has spent a few nights on the floor. I came back to the house one afternoon when I was home at Christmas and could see her on the floor through the window, but I had forgotten to take my key, so had to get one from one of the neighbours.

That"s not the funny bit.

Every Tuesday, a minibus takes her and her like to a local shopping centre and the poor driver sets them free for an hour or two. She has a walking thing with wheels and a seat, so she gets around at her own pace. Anyway, one day recently, she fell in the shopping centre. Some people came to help her up, but the security staff said that she had to stay on the floor til she had been examined by their medical people. She objected to this but was told she had to stay put. One of the original helpers was someone she knew as he ran a small shop that she often visited and she told him that she was embarrassed because people kept coming over to have a look and then going off again. So, he said that he would lie on the floor beside her and the two of them lay there for about 15 minutes while the centre staff did their thing.

That was the funny bit. The pathos is coming.

She still hadn"t done her shopping, so the Head of Security went round the supermarket with her and picked up what she wanted. There may have been a bit of CYA in his & his staff"s actions or they may have genuinely been concerned; probably both I would imagine. She was impressed anyway and sent thank-you cards to the two guys. When she went back the following Tuesday, she went to see them and say thanks again. The Head of Security had the card on display on a board and said it was the first one he had received in 20 years doing security. Then she went to the shop of the guy who lay on the floor and.........it was closed - he had gone out of business in the intervening week.

I don"t know what the moral of the story is. That"s life.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2013, 15:01:37 PM by MintTrav »

Fatcatstu

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #246 on: January 28, 2013, 14:36:28 PM »
Dear John,

Heard what happened, hope you are ok mate.

How"s the head?

Yours,

Concerned in Stockton

X
England C Captain 2012
World Team Champions England 2013

MintTrav

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #247 on: February 02, 2013, 01:27:45 AM »

Dear John,

Heard what happened, hope you are ok mate.

How"s the head?

Yours,

Concerned in Stockton

X

Dear Concerned

Thank you for your enquiry, which I have just seen.

The head has been alright, all things considered. There has been no pain at all, which I might have found worrying if a bit of brain hadn"t fallen out at the time. I"ll post something about it when I get around to it.

Now what did I come in here for?

MintTrav

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #248 on: February 07, 2013, 00:04:29 AM »

ck1888

• Silver Member
« Reply #249 on: February 07, 2013, 01:14:16 AM »
Not like you to run bad John. Unlucky mate
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former"

MintTrav

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #250 on: February 09, 2013, 04:27:07 AM »
My online game selection skills are as bad as ever. I just see a couple of games that are starting and decide to play. I will often hop into a Stud or Razz game or two to wind down before bed. An hour and a half later, they have finished and everything is fine. Sometimes, though, I feck it up big-time by not paying enough attention to what I"m joining. I used to sometimes join $1 NLHE games on Stars that had a thousand players and cash out a long time later in 15th place for $10. The big problem with those games is that they pay a huge portion of the field, a lot of cashers getting twice their buy-in or less. The first 3-4 places get a decent amount, but all the ones from 4th to 20/30th get squeezed. I have avoided those for a long time but about 10pm tonight I registered for a Badugi game that was starting soon and noticed a $1 Omaha Hi/Lo already running with late registration, so I joined it for a bit of diversion while I was waiting for the Badugi, without noticing it was a mass-entry game. I was soon regretting having joined. 6 hours later, the Badugi is long finished and I have just busted the Hi/Lo in 6th for $32 and feel pretty dumb for getting involved. I hate these games and their payout structure.

MintTrav

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #251 on: February 20, 2013, 23:16:14 PM »
What is the point of red sweets?

I like yellow sweets very much. Also orange. And green. Even purple. Or black. Green and yellow are my favourites though.

But red or pink can GTFO. I don"t know why they make them. And sometimes they make a lot of them. Tonight, for example, I found that a good half of my bag of jelly babies were flippin red or pink. WTF! Stupid things.

However, I am aware that there are many people who, for some unknown reason, like (even prefer) red and/or pink sweets. This is unfathomable to me, but I know it happens.

Some years ago, I used to have an arrangement with my wife"s sister"s husband, Harpreet, whereby I would keep all my red and black jelly babies for him and he would keep all his yellow, green and orange ones for me. Now he is my ex-wife"s sister"s ex-husband and I am not in contact with him. If anyone has seen a non-traditional Sikh walking around with a excess amount of jelly babies, please put him in touch.

In the meantime, would anyone be interested in entering into a sweet-swapping arrangement? You can have all of my red and pink sweets (and black if you want?) for any green, yellow or orange you have. I"m not just referring to jelly babies - l like most sweets (except toffees obv).

Quasar

• Gold Member
« Reply #252 on: February 21, 2013, 18:23:11 PM »

Red and black ones are my favourites, along with orange. I always leave the yellow and green ones and usually they get thrown away!

You have terrible taste in sweets  ;D

MintTrav

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #253 on: March 03, 2013, 10:21:46 AM »

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT